Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:56 AM

74 posts, read 116,989 times

Advertisements

Just a young man minding his own business and shot down like a dog . Not only do we struggle everyday and deal with discrimination and racists but get murdered to. Yall cant understand what we got to deal with each and every day as a black man it aint easy in America.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 PM

569 posts, read 1,442,701 times
Read the news. The latest evidence cast doubt on whether the shooter was the aggressor. this. Let the investigators do their job and find the facts before jumping to conclusions.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 PM

226 posts, read 413,820 times
What a box of fail. One person, Zimmerman, causes injury to another Martin. Zimmerman has NO documented history of racist acts, statements or group allegences, no racial context was indicatd during this confrontation, but automatically all these people have declared this "racially motivated". Based on WHAT FACT? Martin being black? So every time a black person is wronged, or deemed suspicious by a non black (remember BTW that Zimmerman while not black, is also minority) it MUST be because of racism? Could it be that Maybe Zim is just a dick? Maybe he was recklessly overzealous. Maybe he WAS legitimately in fear of his life. None of us know.

We damn sure don't know anything to say he must be a racist, other than "well Trayvon was black, so Zimmerman must hate black people." Foolishness.

A hispanic guy kills a black guy in an altercation that has not been finally evaluated yet, he IS taken into custody by what appear to be white police officers, who only let him go after being instructed by management a that there is not enough solid evidence available to hold him (which is both true and legally/constitutionally sound as there was no evidence at the time to cause doubt of his self defensee claim, ) and somehow people jumped at the bit to declare this white on black racism? Really?

What a load of crap. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson need to go home, shut the hell up, stop embarassing the rational people with their media ***** pandering, and let the justice system investigate the FACTS.

Before anyone gives me that bit about how I "must not understand what its like" I AM a black man in my thirties. I absolutely understand what TRUE incidents of racism entail.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:31 AM

10,109 posts, read 9,969,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandre View Post
Just a young man minding his own business and shot down like a dog . Not only do we struggle everyday and deal with discrimination and racists but get murdered to. Yall cant understand what we got to deal with each and every day as a black man it aint easy in America.
I'm black too, but I still say, wait til all the facts come out. Furthermore, that incident with the white getting jumped by the black kids, is the reason people like Trayvon Martin get racially profiled. That same sad what they did to that dude. If he hated black people from now on, I wouldn't blame him.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:41 AM

74 posts, read 116,989 times
I think its disgusting how you all drag Trayvon name thru the mud even after he was murdered in cold blood. Hes lying in the ground while you all talk trash noen of you all knew him or was there but since he was a black child you thinking how you can justify his murder and let his murderer go. Just another day as a black man in America.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:20 AM

381 posts, read 506,886 times
Quote:
my daughter's orthodontist is black. he has a nice house, good natured kids. i don't see him dealing with discrimination and racism. in my opinion, he is one of the best in his field and a very respectable person.

now i don't care much for the ones with an attitude. please don't speak for the entire black community. they are all not like you.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:22 AM

381 posts, read 506,886 times
Quote:
I think its disgusting how you all drag Trayvon name thru the mud even after he was murdered in cold blood. Hes lying in the ground while you all talk trash noen of you all knew him or was there but since he was a black child you thinking how you can justify his murder and let his murderer go. Just another day as a black man in America.
who's talking trash? we are waiting for the FBI results...

Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 PM

167 posts, read 170,112 times
I agree with the last person who posted. We are waiting on the FBI results, so we need to try and not give in to all the media hype that is only going to cause more division and racial tension. The last word I heard on the voice analysis was that Zimmerman uttered a curse word, but not a racial slur. My biggest concern over the Trayvon Martin tragedy was that we had a neighborhood watch volunteer who acted as a vigilante when he was advised by a 911 operator to let the police handle the situation. This act of vigilantism placed Zimmerman in a bad situation which produced tragic results.

The problem with vigilantism is why more neighborhoods, including the one where I live, have turned to private security guards to patrol the streets. Security guards and law enforcement personnel have protocols that must be followed, and this is why we are seeing fewer neighborhood watches.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 AM
rfp

333 posts, read 690,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cady View Post
... have turned to private security guards to patrol the streets ...
Only the wealthy can afford private security to patrol their streets. Security, like increasingly more things in the US, is becoming privatized. I would appreciate volunteer neighborhood watchers. And if Zimmerman had not carried a gun, he probably would have been severely beaten. Martin is beginning to appear to be a typical black teenage thug.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:14 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfp View Post
Only the wealthy can afford private security to patrol their streets. Security, like increasingly more things in the US, is becoming privatized. I would appreciate volunteer neighborhood watchers. And if Zimmerman had not carried a gun, he probably would have been severely beaten. Martin is beginning to appear to be a typical black teenage thug.
Hmm...well, if someone is 'stalking' you, it's self-defense to put up a fight. If I was a 17-year-old boy, and some middle-aged man was following me around...I'd be very very leery of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies