Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
"The poor" can get free voter i.d.'s if they really do not already have an i.d. . Isn't it difficult to cash those government checks or open a bank account to have them direct deposited without an id?
The poor can't be bothered to vote as it is, you think they're going to take a day off from McDonald's to get a voting ID card? Even harder if they don't own a car, especially since the right keeps trying to destroy mass transit. Many also don't trust banks, so no, they won't just go open a bank account and set up direct deposit. Those 'government checks', to the extent that such a thing exists (food assistance comes on a debit card now), are getting cashed at check cashing places. You really have no concept of how people raised in poverty live, do you?
Quote:
Just a few examples:
I don't recognize your RWNJ sources. The only legit ones in there are US News, talking about a republican candidate running racist robocalls, and a local station in Alabama talking about the conviction of one person. Nice try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 01:23 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,978,830 times
The Voter ID issue seemed to be kicked in or brought up strongly once Obama was elected, if everyone on the Right was so concerned with hispanics I'm sure the Repub's would have whined years ago, but no, Bush needed some of their votes, I read he didn't want to do that in an election year, that's in a post I did awhile ago with a link.

It no doubt was planned in a backroom when they knew Obama may be running for President. What a cult.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Why am I not surprised?

Democrats drink Pepsi and shop at supermarkets like Whole Foods and Earth Fare...

Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM

37 posts, read 24,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I do not drink soda, but i will still buy a hundred cases, and give them to friends.
You'd spend $598 on soda? ($5.98 per case here x100=$598.00)

They're your duckets, blow 'em how you want, but...WHY???

There are many other things you can buy to support Wal*Mart and Coke.

"Don't spend it all in one place!!" LOL

For that matter, with $598 you may be able to buy a share or two of stock in either (or both) companies, and get a return on your investment. That would be a smarter use of funds I'd think.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:25 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Voter fraud is not a big issue in this country and hasn't been for many decades. The movement is about disenfranchising the poor, who vote Democrat (when they bother to vote). As usual though, the conservative base has been duped into supporting something that's only good for the rich.
When you mean poor, do you mean poor on welfare They have no
identificaton?

Why do you hate rich people so much.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:28 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Why am I not surprised?

Democrats drink Pepsi and shop at supermarkets like Whole Foods and Earth Fare...

Sure they do. Well, gotta go, me and my elitist wife have to go to the veranda and have our cabernet and caviar now.

Jesus H Christ another cherry picked gem from a RWNJ site. That's what makes it fun to visit C-D.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
It no doubt was planned in a backroom when they knew Obama may be running for President. What a cult.
It's partly that, partly anti-immigrant sentiment on the right, and partly the goal of disenfranchising the poor, which has been going on since the 1800s.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:32 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Cool!

I'll shop at Wal Mart more and drink nothing but Coke products!

Old 04-04-2012, 01:35 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Fine with me. I won't have to wait so long in line now at Sam's Club.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
The poor can't be bothered to vote as it is, you think they're going to take a day off from McDonald's to get a voting ID card? Even harder if they don't own a car, especially since the right keeps trying to destroy mass transit. Many also don't trust banks, so no, they won't just go open a bank account and set up direct deposit. Those 'government checks', to the extent that such a thing exists (food assistance comes on a debit card now), are getting cashed at check cashing places. You really have no concept of how people raised in poverty live, do you?I don't recognize your RWNJ sources. The only legit ones in there are US News, talking about a republican candidate running racist robocalls, and a local station in Alabama talking about the conviction of one person. Nice try.

Oh please, the DNC, unions, and organizations like the one formerly known as ACORN provide buses/transportation to and from the voting places for Presidential elections.

Are you seriously suggesting that people do not automatically get a voter i.d. card when they register to vote? That their banks don't request a photo i.d. anytime they request a debit/ATM card or a withdrawl at the teller window? How many really don't have a driver's license or state i.d.?

I live in the real world rather than the fantasy one you spout Democrat talking points from.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-08-2012 at 04:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies