Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 01:40 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
IJust so you know: Dems are calling a boycott of Coke and Wal-Mart over Voter ID laws
What did you expect?

It is exactly what I expect.

Did Dems call for a boycott of Coca-Cola when Coca-Cola was engaging in unethical and illegal business practices?

No.

Fortunately a judge and jury awarded PepsiCo $Millions for the unethical and illegal business practices of Coca-Cola.

Did Dems call for a boycott of Coca-Cola when Coca-Cola was supporting the war in Vietnam?

No.

Did Dems call for a boycott of Coca-Cola when Coca-Cola was discriminating against women and minorities in hiring, pay, and promotions?

No.

Did Dems call for a boycott of Coca-Cola when Coca-Cola was discriminating against women and minorities in hiring, pay, and promotions a second time?

No.

Did Dems call for a boycott of Coca-Cola when Coca-Cola was discriminating against women and minorities in hiring, pay, and promotions a third time?

No.

Did Dems call for a boycott of Coca-Cola when Coca-Cola was discriminating against women and minorities in hiring, pay, and promotions a 4th time?

No.

Did Dems call for a boycott of Coca-Cola when Coca-Cola was discriminating against women and minorities in hiring, pay, and promotions a 5th time?

No.

Did Dems call for a boycott of Coca-Cola when Coca-Cola was discriminating against women and minorities in hiring, pay, and promotions a 6th time?

No.

Fortunately in every instance a judge and jury punished Coca-Cola, or Coca-Cola settled to avoid further embarrassment.

The last occurrence was four years ago, or maybe 5 years ago now, and this has been on-going for more than 30 years.

Sort of gives one the impression that Dems are pro-Corporation.

Anyway, I've been boycotting Coca-Cola for decades now because of their support for the Vietnam War, and because of their unethical and illegal business practices, and because they discriminate routinely against woman and minorities. Been boycotting McDonald's too for about 15-16 years.

Boycotting...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times

Coca Cola Commercial - I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (In Perfect Harmony) - 1971 - YouTube

Old 04-04-2012, 01:42 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
Coke = junk that you drink
Walmart = store that sells junk from China

Can't boycott something I avoid anyway.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:46 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
The poor can't be bothered to vote as it is, you think they're going to take a day off from McDonald's to get a voting ID card? Even harder if they don't own a car, especially since the right keeps trying to destroy mass transit. Many also don't trust banks, so no, they won't just go open a bank account and set up direct deposit. Those 'government checks', to the extent that such a thing exists (food assistance comes on a debit card now), are getting cashed at check cashing places. You really have no concept of how people raised in poverty live, do you?I don't recognize your RWNJ sources. The only legit ones in there are US News, talking about a republican candidate running racist robocalls, and a local station in Alabama talking about the conviction of one person. Nice try.
Most don't know what poverty is really like, at least those who have experienced poverty and have to go back that way again in 20 yrs or so, because of illness, a death, job loss etc, they can handle it alot better than those who never experienced it, some of those who were once better off or bought a home they could not afford, they seen it coming and some turned to drugs to make them feel better, then they are hooked.

I've seen it, in the best of people.

Some think they are never going to be in that position to apply for welfare, think again.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:00 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I've been boycotting Coca-Cola for decades now because of their support for the Vietnam War, and because of their unethical and illegal business practices, and because they discriminate routinely against woman and minorities. Been boycotting McDonald's too for about 15-16 years.

Boycotting...

Mircea
Good for you, I like "real" committed boycotters.

I've been a tuna boycotter since I was a kid I've boycotted it
so long, that even if they changed their ways, I won't touch the stuff.

Time to Boycott Tuna Again? - NYTimes.com

Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
omg this will bring coke and walmart to their knees.
yep, those companies will be on their knees thanking god for the boycott that is bringing in record profits.

Quote:
Judging by your typing and reasoning skills, you prefer benzene.
benzene is pretty good, you should try it sometime.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:57 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Voter fraud is not a big issue in this country and hasn't been for many decades. The movement is about disenfranchising the poor, who vote Democrat (when they bother to vote). As usual though, the conservative base has been duped into supporting something that's only good for the rich.
Disenfranchising the poor? Every American should have some sort of valid ID. It is nearly impossible to function without one. If one doesn't have one they can get one. We should pull out all the stops to make sure that everyone voting is a citizen to keep our elective process fraud-free.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
We Tea partiers are sure gettin thirsty for some Coca Cola!
I think I'll buy my next one while shopping in Wallyworld.

Burp~

Old 04-04-2012, 03:00 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
I don't shop at Walmart, but the Coke boycott? Good, just means more for me.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
It's partly that, partly anti-immigrant sentiment on the right, and partly the goal of disenfranchising the poor, which has been going on since the 1800s.

What nonsense. Conservatives that oppose Obama do so because of his policies. If the shoe were on the other foot the Dems would be doing the same with a Republican president. Anti-"immigrant" sentiment? How about some honesty here. It is about illegal aliens, not "immigrants".

Disenfranchising the poor? How are they collecting welfare if they have no ID? Even those not on the government dole would likely have some form of ID just to function in our society. If not, it can be easily attained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies