Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Like I've asked a million times, and have yet to receive an answer (hint:you don't have it), after the operator said "we don't need you to do that" and Zimmerman said "ok", do you have any definitive evidence whatsoever that Zimmerman did not head back towards his vehicle? I'll wait.....
Proof? Witnesses said they heard 2 men arguing outside just before the shooting. I guess you just don't like my answer. One resident said she heard shouting and one voice was much louder than the other. This went on for a while. It's unlikely that, if Zimmerman was heading back to his car and Martin was heading home, he'd say "Ya know, I think I'll turn around & attack that jerk." Why? He was staying only a few homes down the path and could be easily identified. It makes no sense. I have a strong feeling that Zimmerman brandished his weapon before any fight began, or he pulled it out and that's when we hear Martin cry for help. Many residents of his community said he used very aggressive tactics.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:33 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Hippies View Post
She is getting flashbacks of the Duke Lacrosse case and how that went for the prosecutor.
That was a ploy that an individual started and did not involve the police, a murder, retired judge or a state DA interferring in an active investigation
Why are you insisting on relating the two

Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Some of these morons have gone out of their way to make it sound like this is some exclusive, white only gated community. It's one step above an apartment complex with a key card gate, if it was some exclusive segregated community why would Trayvon's family live there? They're all black, I guess they slipped in under cover.

Ok brainaic, riddle me this then. If it is a really diverse community why did zimmerman find Trayvon "suspect" considering like you said before that there were already "thugs and lowlifes" already there?

Old 04-09-2012, 12:36 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Im glad this is a forum instead of an actual meetup group.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I was listening to Joe Madison last week and a caller called in and said what you said. Joe rightfully read him the riot act. This is merely speculation on your part and there is no basis for it. How can a Virginia magistrate have any influence in Florida? Do you really think folks are going to put their careers on the line for ZImmerman's dad?
They already have when they did not follow correct police procedures. It is not uncommon that out of "mutual respect" that one judge contacts another or even a DA. You will never know the true reach of influence that this man has.

Btw, Joe Madison is a very angry little blackman

Old 04-09-2012, 12:40 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Proof? Witnesses said they heard 2 men arguing outside just before the shooting. I guess you just don't like my answer. One resident said she heard shouting and one voice was much louder than the other. This went on for a while. It's unlikely that, if Zimmerman was heading back to his car and Martin was heading home, he'd say "Ya know, I think I'll turn around & attack that jerk." Why? He was staying only a few homes down the path and could be easily identified. It makes no sense. I have a strong feeling that Zimmerman brandished his weapon before any fight began, or he pulled it out and that's when we hear Martin cry for help.
I didn't ask you for your speculation or beliefs, I asked for proof that Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher and continued to follow Trayvon. You don't have it. There is no proof that Zimmerman wasn't heading back to his vehicle when the confrontation started. So the constant repeating that Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher is unfounded at best. You know that, yet you keep repeating it over and over.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Obviously you have never had to deal with the law, if they wanted to they could have easily found something to charge him with. I guess that you forgot that the homocide detective wanted to charge him with something before the DA intervened. I guess the original charge was lost in the shuffle
Is it possible that this particular State Attorney intervened because the NRA has big bucks and he's running for election? He's usually not challenged and has been in office for over 20 years running the show. Now a Democrat is running against him. I'm not pointing any fingers, but you have your theories, and I have mine. But perhaps this has some bearing on why a sitting State's Attorney shows up at a crime scene with the Chief of Police late on a Sunday evening and overrules a homicide detective? Why didn't they just keep Zimmerman in jail until Monday morning? I don't know the exact timeline, but the shooting was between 7 and 7:30. Zimmerman was taken to the police station and questioned by police. Chris Serino filed an affidavit and requested an arrest and manslaughter charges. Wolfinger lives about 50 miles from Sanford. So he probably got to the scene close to midnight.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Keep believing that. It's slipping away and you know it. They may arrest him on some trumped up charges to assuage the angry mob baying at the town's door but they'll be hard pressed to convict.

So are you denying that the blacks in Sanford have a legit beef with the acts of their corrupt police dept? Dude you really should drive through some of these small towns in the deep south and tell them that you are not black and see if they treat you any differently

Old 04-09-2012, 12:42 PM

179 posts, read 156,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ok brainaic, riddle me this then. If it is a really diverse community why did zimmerman find Trayvon "suspect" considering like you said before that there were already "thugs and lowlifes" already there?
Because, y'know, he actually looks at people and sees whether he recognizes them as living in the neighborhood?

Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Is it possible that this particular State Attorney intervened because the NRA has big bucks and he's running for election. He's usually not challenged and has been in office for over 20 years running the show. Now a Democrat is running against him. You have your theories, I have mine. Maybe this has some bearing on why a sitting State's Attorney shows up at a crime scene late on a Sunday and overrules a homicide detective? Why didn't they just keep Zimmerman in jail until Monday morning?
This makes sense as well, I was just saying something fishy was going on and now it has come to light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies