Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Now the UN wants to weigh in.

UN Human Rights Chief Calls For Trayvon Investigation

Old 04-10-2012, 11:49 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
how ridiculous is that?

the UN itself is guilty of many human rights violations.

it's a total waste of american taxpayer money.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:56 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
President Bashar al-Assad of Syria has also called for an immediate investigation into the human right's violations of the Martin homicide.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:00 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,584,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
how ridiculous is that?

the UN itself is guilty of many human rights violations.

it's a total waste of american taxpayer money.
With the effort to establish a one world government headed by the United Nations, I resent the UN putting it's nose into something it doesn't belong in.

A big F U to the United Nations.

A big F U to cats, i'm a dog person.

A big F U to the guy who cut in between two cars and across 2 lanes of traffic and in front of me, then slammed his brakes to keep from hitting the car in front of him last week.

But seriously, FU United Nations.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Support Zimmerman by donating to his legal defense fund.
The Real George Zimmerman (http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/Home_Page.php - broken link)

Don't let the race hustlers win.
Yes, it would a shame is his parents had to sell their vacation home in Lake Mary.

Believe me, if he is acquitted of all crimes and can prove he was unfairly slandered by the media, this man will become very, very rich. So make sure if you donate money, you get a receipt. LOL

Many people who are later found innocent spend months, even years, in jail. I hope you send money to them too. Don't forget the innocent people, mostly minorities, who gave up their lives, lost their families, and waited to die in prison, who have been exonerated by DNA evidence. Hope you have lots of money!

Old 04-10-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
just to nit-pick, he was not given instructions by the police but by a dispatcher which is a civilian employee.
so there is no requirement that he minds the dispatcher.
This is true and not up for debate. A police dispatcher only said "We don't need you to do that." The problem is that he never should have left his vehicle in the first place. Period. No matter what happened after we hear the 911 tape, Zimmerman created the situation.

I still think people are picking at the words. As I've written in many posts, Zimmerman had called 911 on numerous occasions and knew exactly what he could or could not do. I don't hear anywhere in the tape where he tells the dispatcher he is armed. However, he clearly points out he feels the teenager is up to no good and carrying something in his waistband. I find this to be very puzzling. The Sanford Police removed the 911 tapes from its site. I listened to his call, however, several times.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
[url=http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-cruiser-shot-trayvon-martin-neighborhood/story?id=16103091]Police Cruiser Shot Up in Trayvon Martin Neighborhood - ABC News[/url]
I have to admit, I am so happy I live in a quiet coastal community full of old people.

I don't have a racist bone in my body, but the proverbial you-know-what is gonna fly.

By the way, let's not speculate. We don't know who committed this crime yet.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:53 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This is true and not up for debate. A police dispatcher only said "We don't need you to do that." The problem is that he never should have left his vehicle in the first place. Period. No matter what happened after we hear the 911 tape, Zimmerman created the situation.

I still think people are picking at the words. As I've written in many posts, Zimmerman had called 911 on numerous occasions and knew exactly what he could or could not do. I don't hear anywhere in the tape where he tells the dispatcher he is armed. However, he clearly points out he feels the teenager is up to no good and carrying something in his waistband. I find this to be very puzzling. The Sanford Police removed the 911 tapes from its site. I listened to his call, however, several times.
Not sure of the accuracy of this, but here is a transcription of the call between Zimmerman and the dispatcher:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...zimmerman.html

Old 04-10-2012, 01:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I have to admit, I am so happy I live in a quiet coastal community full of old people.

I don't have a racist bone in my body, but the proverbial you-know-what is gonna fly.

By the way, let's not speculate. We don't know who committed this crime yet.
Some people are so short sighted that they still do not know what really caused the L.A riots. It was just that rodney was beaten like a drum or that the police got off, but the constant disregard for black/brown life and police brutiality. From my understanding the sanford police is no exception except in a smaller venue that is felt all over this country by everyone that has to suffer under a repressive police force.

It was bad enough that he was not charge with anything after killing someone but on top of that possible racial bias by the police may have had a hand in the shoddy police investigation. This still does not include the possible interference from zimmerman's father.

If he does not get any jail time and the neo nazis keep coming around, all hell is going to break loose. This is the reason that I said that he should have turned himself in and they would have charge him with something minor and he would have posted bail and none of this would have taken place

Old 04-10-2012, 01:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
This is a very good opinion piece-

The Church Report
As we mourn the death of Trayvon Martin, we should take the time to remember another 17-year-old black youth murdered just four years ago.

On March 2, 2008, high school senior Jamiel Shaw was gunned down in Los Angeles. According to police, Shaw was walking home when two men he had never met jumped out of a car and one shot him. A talented football player, Shaw had scholarship offers from Stanford University and Rutgers. The man who shot him was Petro Espinoza, an illegal immigrant and member of a gang with a history of extensive violence against African Americans. According to the Los Angeles Times, "Espinoza had been released from jail 28 hours before the shooting, after serving time for an earlier [violent] offense."

Why did the nation not mourn Jamiel the way we are mourning Trayvon? Was it because the media knew immediately that Shaw’s killers were Latino, not white?

The slaying of Trayvon Martin opened a Pandora’s Box of emotions in the black community. Blacks of my generation remember all too well when one of our own could be lynched by whites, and law enforcement would look the other way. Those were terrible times in our nation’s history, and Trayvon’s death provoked many to assert that nothing had changed.

I am deeply sympathetic to the outrage felt by blacks over this tragedy, but I must point out that this is not our grandparents’ world. Things have changed, as the most basic facts of this case reveal. When this story broke, the media led us to believe that Trayvon had been hunted down like a dog by a skinhead white supremacist gun nut. In reality, Trayvon’s killer, like 16.3% of the United States’ population, was Latino. He was relatively light skinned, but hardly a wealthy child of white privilege and certainly not a member of a Latino gang known for violence against blacks as Shaw’s killer was. To the degree that race was involved in this crime, its involvement was undoubtedly complex - far too complex for reporters determined to fit the tragedy into their predetermined narrative.

People tend to overlook the coverup that has (and still) exist by the police when it pertains to black youth. The race had very little to do with it, since the media focused solely on that and not the (in) actions of the police dept. In the above scenario the police did it's jobs and aprehended the individual. The Trayvon case they did not and he still walks today, and it proably would not be a trial if the news did not get hold of it due to the parents request.

I have noticed that many whites are trying to deflect from this important fact that the police were implict in this whole deal! I have heard about comparisions of black on black crime and even the Duke Lacrosse incident. None of this has anything to do with the Trayvon Martin case. As was mentioned in the above piece regarding the writer's veiw as this being a different time, but to blacks this only seem like a continuation to an ongoing probelm were a black life is just not important as anyone elses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies