Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 04:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Again, what happened to Trayvon Martin was tragic, but even if this man is found innocent by a jury, he will have to go into hiding for the rest of his life.
And that's it in a nutshell. The violence and mayhem caused by people prone to scream racism is all they have. Decent people accept loss and move on.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:49 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
You're being ridiculous. No licensed attorney would lie about this. They'd be disbarred.

Huh? George himself said they were only offering legal advice but were not his lawyers. I'm pretty sure of all the people in the world who would know, he would be that one person.

Pay attention!

Attorneys lie all the time. It's what they do.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:52 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,380 times
I wonder why they resigned? When I heard they lost contact with him I thought perhaps he committed suicide, which if that happened I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't want anyone to take their own life, but with the talk of him being depressed and possible PTSD, that was my first inclination. This whole situation is bizarre and sad

Old 04-10-2012, 04:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Huh? George himself said they were only offering legal advice but were not his lawyers. I'm pretty sure of all the people in the world who would know, he would be that one person.

Pay attention!

Attorneys lie all the time. It's what they do.
No, you misunderstood me. I said that they wouldn't lie about representing him (verbally or not) or withdrawing from the case.

If you've ever visited an attorney, even to make a will, you know what is said between you and the attorney is privileged. It doesn't mean you actually hired that attorney, however. Not until there is a contract signed are they actually his attorneys. That's why I said in an earlier post that I wondered if this was just a ploy. In any case, it certainly gave them some free advertising.

Quote:
And that's it in a nutshell. The violence and mayhem caused by people prone to scream racism is all they have. Decent people accept loss and move on.
Martin's family are decent people. They just wanted justice!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:02 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Democan View Post
I hadn't heard this detail stated before. If it's true that certainly shoots Zimmerman's testimony in the foot. Though the girlfriend's word could be questioned who claims this as being biased. If the call had been recorded somehow that would be le coup de gras.
I don't think there is a recording of the call, but the timing will figure significantly in the DOJ investigation. The girlfriend's story is interesting. She said that Martin had the phone in his pocket and was using an earpiece, which fell to the ground.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Then why didn't his brother or father say anything when they both appeared on several stations?

By the way, the attorneys were on CNN and Fox too, not just MSNBC.
Or his friend Joe who has given several interviews?
Or the attorneys who are really representing him if those were not in fact his attorneys...
Maybe the real attorneys wanted to remain secret...

Old 04-10-2012, 05:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Decent people accept loss and move on.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
George Zimmerman has launched a website and he’s using it to solicit donations. That’s one of those things you could see coming, but which still shocks you—kind of like the rash of killings after the Stand Your Ground laws. The first thing on the site is the statement “I am the real George Zimmerman.” Thanks for the heads up, George. Please don’t shoot. It’s not that big of a site, but it’s really amazing that every sentence on this site manages to be incredibly offensive on some level. George says “On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event...” A life altering event? For Trayvon Martin, it was a life ending event. George assures visitors “This website’s sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries.” Wow. George, we’ve already seen what happens when someone gets your “full attention.” No thanks! And “without any intermediaries”? Thank God! When I’m giving money to a guy who shot an unarmed kid, I don’t want some sleaze ball scammer getting a cut of it.
http://www.randirhodes.com/main.html

Old 04-10-2012, 05:35 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
No blood on the collar no blood on his head hair in place no facial bruising no blood on face.

He's toast.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:41 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Dale Cooper says that "decent people except loss and move on".....That's like looking at your legs that have been chopped of last month..still leaking blood...and you should go take a stroll into the sunset whistling the theme to Titanic....it is not a "decent" person who with out question ignores injustice and moves on to the next injustice...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies