Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 10:53 PM

744 posts, read 811,520 times

Advertisements

First I would like to thank Ibginnie for her benevolence and impartiality. I think you all owe her a thank you for her hard work as well, it is the least you can do, she donates her time for free to keep these forums clean and running properly.

Second, let me say that this case has become so racially charged that merely stating the facts along with my opinion based on these unequivocal facts have resulted in charges of racism against me, yes me, regardless of the fact that my posting history shows I am one of if not the least racist person on city-data. This is an attack on my character that deeply pains me right down to my core considering I have fought tooth and nail my whole 22 years of life for the advancement of colored people.

With that said, let's get down to the facts:

1) Travvon was a drug dealer and likely 'got high off his own supply' as well. There is however a small chance he was merely a user of drugs.

2) Travvon advocated for murdering someone on his twitter

3) Trayvon was caught with a screwdriver(which police said was likely used as a tool to break into homes) and over a dozen pieces of womens jewelry in his backpack which he told police was given to him by a friend he couldn't name. Trayvon has been suspended from school multiple times in the past few months.

4) Trayvon was a 6'3 football player with the speed of a gazelle and strength of a silverback gorilla. Zimmerman was a pudgy 5' 9

5) Evidence points to Trayvon stealing those skittles and iced tea which in all likelihood his procuration of was simply an excuse to his father so he could go out and case homes to rob such as he was doing when Zimmerman noticed his suspicious behavior.

6) Trayvons gazelle-like speed makes it undoubtable that he could have ran away from Zimmerman without breaking a sweat if he so desired, he however decided to hunt down Zimmerman like a lion and pounce on him in a vicious attack while Zimmerman was at his truck. These are not the actions of a scared little boy but an alpha male predator looking to punish someone for threatening to expose his criminal activities.

With this said it is clear Trayvon was an extremely dangerous and crazed individual who likely would have ended up dead or in jail regardless of whether him and Zimmerman ever crossed paths or not.

Does this mean I am happy Trayvon was shot? No, I have told stories of my troubled youth where a few times around the age 14 I stole items from a Walgreens drug store, yet I turned out to be an upstanding individual so I do believe people CAN change and it is a damn shame that Trayvon did not have a chance to change his violent criminal ways before he was shot in self defense by George Zimmerman.

We can only hope this serves as a lesson to other troubled urban youth who have been corrupted by the destructive hip hopping hoodie wearing thug culture.
The only thing stopping something positive resulting from this tragedy are race pimps in the media and ignorant people who are not armed with the facts but rather misguided emotion resulting from their pent up fury at perceived racial injustice in this country. All they are doing is making things worse, shame on you if you disagree with me.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:16 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
First I would like to thank Ibginnie for her benevolence and impartiality. I think you all owe her a thank you for her hard work as well, it is the least you can do, she donates her time for free to keep these forums clean and running properly.

Second, let me say that this case has become so racially charged that merely stating the facts along with my opinion based on these unequivocal facts have resulted in charges of racism against me, yes me, regardless of the fact that my posting history shows I am one of if not the least racist person on city-data. This is an attack on my character that deeply pains me right down to my core considering I have fought tooth and nail my whole 22 years of life for the advancement of colored people.

1) Travvon was a drug dealer and likely 'got high off his own supply' as well. There is however a small chance he was merely a user of drugs.

3) Trayvon was caught with a screwdriver(which police said was likely used as a tool to break into homes) and over a dozen pieces of womens jewelry in his backpack which he told police was given to him by a friend he couldn't name. Trayvon has been suspended from school multiple times in the past few months.

4) Trayvon was a 6'3 football player with the speed of a gazelle and strength of a silverback gorilla. Zimmerman was a pudgy 5' 9

5) Evidence points to Trayvon stealing those skittles and iced tea which in all likelihood his procuration of was simply an excuse to his father so he could go out and case homes to rob such as he was doing when Zimmerman noticed his suspicious behavior.

6) Trayvons gazelle-like speed makes it undoubtable that he could have ran away from Zimmerman without breaking a sweat if he so desired, he however decided to hunt down Zimmerman like a lion and pounce on him in a vicious attack while Zimmerman was at his truck. These are not the actions of a scared little boy but an alpha male predator looking to punish someone for threatening to expose his criminal activities.

With this said it is clear Trayvon was an extremely dangerous and crazed individual who likely would have ended up dead or in jail regardless of whether him and Zimmerman ever crossed paths or not.

Does this mean I am happy Trayvon was shot? No, I have told stories of my troubled youth where a few times around the age 14 I stole items from a Walgreens drug store, yet I turned out to be an upstanding individual so I do believe people CAN change and it is a damn shame that Trayvon did not have a chance to change his violent criminal ways before he was shot in self defense by George Zimmerman.

We can only hope this serves as a lesson to other troubled urban youth who have been corrupted by the destructive hip hopping hoodie wearing thug culture.
The only thing stopping something positive resulting from this tragedy are race pimps in the media and ignorant people who are not armed with the facts but rather misguided emotion resulting from their pent up fury at perceived racial injustice in this country. All they are doing is making things worse, shame on you if you disagree with me.
You should have started and ended your post after the first sentence. You did not know this boy. Teenagers brains work differently than adult brains and that is a scienfiic fact. If every successful, responsible citizen in the nation reverted back to their teen years, I'm sure we'd be very surprised at the person they were.

You can take any off color behavior and blow it way out of proportion, but it does not make it true. You seem to forget that you are just assuming every conclusion that you have drawn. Expose what criminal activities? Was there a house robbed just prior to Zimmerman following Trayvon? No, but even If there was, it would have been sufficient for Zimmerman to stop his hunt after he called 911. It was not Zimmerman's job or responsibilty to apprehend anyone. He was the catalyst in a tragic, but avoidable incident.

You've appointed yourself crime scene analyst, judge and jury in a case that has a teenager six feet under that cannot defend himself. Shame on you!

Old 04-04-2012, 11:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't understand your reasoning to take the victim and turn everything around so that he's justifiably killed, or that he'd likely be killed at some point, or that his birth name will condemn him to a life of poverty.
Please stop feeding the troll, thank you!

Old 04-04-2012, 11:35 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
Quote:

LMFAO didn't mean to laugh..not sure if serious

Old 04-04-2012, 11:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You should have started and ended your post after the first sentence.
I agree. But let's just ignore the troll - please!! We cannot have a civil discussion with people posting nonsense like "Trayvon" is a stupid name. All of us have our own opinions, but when a person posts remarks like "he was a drug dealer" or "evidence points to Trayvon stealing the Skittles and iced tea" you know he just wants to get a rise out of people. Why waste your energy?

Although I have a very negative opinion about George Zimmerman and how he handled himself that tragic evening, I've heard so many sides to this story, that my head is spinning.

One thing is certain. A 17 year old who was walking home, not bothering anyone, was shot to death. A man who called 911 and sounded very agitated that an "a-hole" was getting away, followed the teenager wearing a gun strapped around his waist. What happened after that is the big question.

It is my personal opinion that not enough was done before dismissing this case as self-defense and that, if Martin was the shooter, he would have been arrested, not sent home without any charges.

Many people argue that the case was still under investigation before Federal Investigators were called, but according to the Miami Herald:

Asked to confirm that the police recommended a manslaughter charge, special prosecutor Angela Corey said: “I don’t know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: ‘We’re through with our investigation and here it is for you.’

Sanford cops wanted to charge Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin case - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2718130/sanford-cops-wanted-to-charge.html - broken link)

So there it is from the source, the Special Prosecutor. Not a blog, not a rumor, not a message board.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree. But let's just ignore the troll - please!! We cannot have a civil discussion with people posting nonsense like "Trayvon" is a stupid name. All of us have our own opinions, but when a person posts remarks like "he was a drug dealer" or "evidence points to Trayvon stealing the Skittles and iced tea" you know he just wants to get a rise out of people. Why waste your energy?

Although I have a very negative opinion about George Zimmerman and how he handled himself that tragic evening, I've heard so many sides to this story, that my head is spinning.

One thing is certain. A 17 year old who was walking home, not bothering anyone, was shot to death. A man who called 911 and sounded very agitated that an "a-hole" was getting away, followed the teenager wearing a gun strapped around his waist. What happened after that is the big question.

It is my personal opinion that not enough was done before dismissing this case as self-defense and that, if Martin was the shooter, he would have been arrested, not sent home without any charges.

Many people argue that the case was still under investigation before Federal Investigators were called, but according to the Miami Herald:

Asked to confirm that the police recommended a manslaughter charge, special prosecutor Angela Corey said: “I don’t know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: ‘We’re through with our investigation and here it is for you.’

Sanford cops wanted to charge Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin case - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2718130/sanford-cops-wanted-to-charge.html - broken link)

So there it is from the source, the Special Prosecutor. Not a blog, not a rumor, not a message board.
Got it. Troll=Anyone who makes a solid, factual argument that threatens your warped agenda which just so happens to be dividing this country.

Ignore me all you want but you can't ignore the facts honey

Old 04-05-2012, 12:08 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
Quote:
Got it. Troll=Anyone who makes a solid, factual argument that threatens your warped agenda which just so happens to be dividing this country.

Ignore me all you want but you can't ignore the facts honey
Never confuse opinions with facts.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

You are correct that Trayvon was not bothering anyone while he was casing houses, however he did bother someone when he decided to violently confront and beat George Zimmerman as confirmed by an eye witness.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-05-2012 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 04-05-2012, 12:15 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
Quote:
You are correct that Trayvon was not bothering anyone while he was casing houses, however he did bother someone when he decided to violently confront and beat George Zimmerman as confirmed by an eye witness.
He bothered a violent thug who had a history of attacking cops and girlfriends

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-05-2012 at 04:24 AM..

Old 04-05-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
He bothered a violent thug who had a history of attacking cops and girlfriends
Trayvon was the violent thug that night as confirmed by eye witmess and supported by other facts such as the fact that he could have easily run away yet chose to attack Zimmerman instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies