Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 02:02 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,265,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB View Post
Yes a lot to read! I stopped about halfway through. The original theory and all the alternative theories point up just how difficult it is to find out the truth. I just hope the police did a decent job of documenting everything . I wish it was like CSI on TV.
One comment that I have to talk about. One of the commentors talks about lack/amount of blood. My friend (retired NYPD) once told me about his first murder victim. The victim was still alive with a small bullet hole in him. No blood at all. He told the victim (and believed it) "you'll be alright, the ambulance is on the way". Of course the guy died almost immediately. He was shocked that the guy didn't even look seriously injured but passed away.
Not doubting your friend at all, but Trayvon was shot at point blank range (distance and caliber of gun makes a big difference in wound size also) and was supposed to be on top of zimmerman, so it would have been impossible for him not to get blood on the front of his shirt, not to mention his own blood from his "bloody nose".

Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Ahh, maybe your hearing isnt so good. It never sounded like a racial thing to me & now theres an expert saying his remark wasnt a racial slur. His panting pursuit? What a joke. I hear a man run a few steps & say he lost sight of him & is going back to his truck. He continues talking as he regains his breath. Yet you are trying to say this conversation continues as he runs down a man 10 years younger & 20+ pounds lighter. Sure thing.
He might go to jail, but if he does & theres no evidence we havent seen yet his conviction wont be justice, its be discrimination & racism in its rawest form. The real racists here hide behind a curtain of indignation & delusion created by the NAACP, Sharpton & the like. Disgusting & sad to see so much hatred created by people professing to be against such things.

Oh really? When was the last time that you heard of anyone neverless a blackman killing someone and is released based on thier word? If the media had not gotten a hold of this story, zimmerman would be happily still "patrolling" the neighborhood looking for "suspicious people" If this is the justice that you seek we are all in trouble.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,832,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No case can truly be tried by the media or the public...Trial by Judge with no jury is the way to go.
So you are saying that one man, a judge, can't be biased? Do you know that a woman was doused with gasoline and burned alive (she survived) by her husband after she begged a judge for a restraining order? He laughed at her.

What if the judge's last name is Zimmerman? (okay, so he retired)

Then you've got the political pressure when there's only one person who decides a controversial case like this. Remember when George Greer, a well respected judge, ruled that Michael Schiavo had the right to be the guardian for his wife, and he was excommunicated from his church? There were also protests to remove the judge from the bench.

By the way, I'm glad I thought of this. I wonder if some of the people who are criticizing the Black leaders for holding rallies were upset when Rev Jesse Jackson led a group of protesters in Florida to keep a feeding tube in a White woman.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:18 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,831,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
You may be right, I thought when she was being interviewed that she said she had already submitted it via her attorney, but I can't find anything on it. I would think she would do that asap, since it could possibly deal a devastating blow to Zimmerman's defense if the people analyzing the voices attributed the screams to Trayvon.

* I will say this, if the voice regonition shows it to be Trayvon screaming for help, there's nothing that will be able to convince me that he wasn't murdered in cold blood.
Even if it turns out that it was Trayvon screaming for help, its not proof that he was not the aggressor in this incident.

Trayvon could have easily been on top of Zimmerman beating him, and then struggling for his gun once Zimmerman pulled it, and started screaming for help after realizing he had screwed up by attacked a man and was now in deep trouble.

If this young man has attacked me, and I'm on bottom and he is trying to take my gun away from me, I'm going to shoot him if I can, otherwise he could shoot me. Regardless of how much he is now screaming for help.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:22 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,831,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Thanks for the links. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what the next step is in the investigation.

As I wrote earlier, no matter what a person's height or weight is, it is no match against a 9mm bullet.

You know, the more I find out, the less I think of Zimmerman. I'm not saying that he's guilty of murder, because that would be wrong to assume without more evidence. What I mean is that I find it very puzzling that anyone 5'9" would see a young man 6 ft or taller, consider him to be suspicious and up to no good (his words) assume he's on drugs (his words) say he has something in his waistline (his words) but still follow him in the dark.
Sounds like the reasonable actions of a neighborhood watch person to me.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:30 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,193,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Sounds like the reasonable actions of a neighborhood watch person to me.
Seriously? It is against neighborhood watch policy for NW volunteers to be armed or pursue anyone. (Previously posted, look it up.)

Old 04-06-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So you are saying that one man, a judge, can't be biased? Do you know that a woman was doused with gasoline and burned alive (she survived) by her husband after she begged a judge for a restraining order? He laughed at her.

What if the judge's last name is Zimmerman? (okay, so he retired)

Then you've got the political pressure when there's only one person who decides a controversial case like this. Remember when George Greer, a well respected judge, ruled that Michael Schiavo had the right to be the guardian for his wife, and he was excommunicated from his church? There were also protests to remove the judge from the bench.

By the way, I'm glad I thought of this. I wonder if some of the people who are criticizing the Black leaders for holding rallies were upset when Rev Jesse Jackson led a group of protesters in Florida to keep a feeding tube in a White woman.
Jesse did that? Daggone racebaiter oh wait she was white and dying.....Daggone Deathbaiter!

Old 04-06-2012, 02:34 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,818,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It makes sense to turn oneself in, especially if you know that you are innocent and get released on bail. Now, if you know that your story has holes in it.....well he can give a pigeon's toenail about what happens to the neighborhood/city that he claimed to be protecting
It doesn't make any sense to turn yourself in if you did nothing wrong. George Zimmerman is a free man right now and he'll remain a free man for a long long time, you can bet he's already figured out a place to live where the affirmative action crowd doesn't hold any power.

Given the death threats made against him Zimmerman has no reason to believe that turning himself in would be safe in any way, the lunatic goons down there want blood even though he did nothing wrong. It's best to stay far away from the insanity. Let them get worked up by their greasy leaders until they lose control, riot and burn their own ghetto neighborhoods to the ground.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:35 PM

108 posts, read 88,364 times
What a lynch mob mentality here and in the media. Here are the facts:

1. Z thought T was suspicious and called 911
2. T approached Z and then ran while Z was still in his car
3. Z attempted to locate T in order to direct police -
- he was unable to locate him - "I don't know where he is"
- therefor, he did not follow, chase, or pursue
- he acknowledged the operator's suggestion to not follow
4. Z and Trayvon meet 20-30 yds from Z's car
- T's house was a 30 second jog away - why did Trayvon not go home?
- Why did T stay in the area - 20 -30 yds from Zs car?

5. Trayvon hits Z in the nose and face and pounds his head into concrete
- Two eyewitness accounts
- Did Zimmerman hit T first? speculation
- Was Z walking around with a gun drawn? speculation

6. Zimmerman fears for his life
- he shouts for help but no help comes. John hears his cries and sees him getting pummeled but runs inside to call 911.
- Z shoots and kills Trayvon - shot to chest, T ends up face first on ground
- Injuries treated by paramedics, police report notes Z's injuries

Knowing this information - how can anyone condemn Zimmerman?

Old 04-06-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Even if it turns out that it was Trayvon screaming for help, its not proof that he was not the aggressor in this incident.

Trayvon could have easily been on top of Zimmerman beating him, and then struggling for his gun once Zimmerman pulled it, and started screaming for help after realizing he had screwed up by attacked a man and was now in deep trouble.

If this young man has attacked me, and I'm on bottom and he is trying to take my gun away from me, I'm going to shoot him if I can, otherwise he could shoot me. Regardless of how much he is now screaming for help.
Reread what you wrote. Now think about this, if Trayvon was screaming for help that means that zimmerman had the upper hand and proably had his gun pointed at Trayvon. At this point who is actually the aggressor? why did'nt he force Trayvon down or at most shot him in the leg? Being that Trayvon was screaming for help because it does not make sense to scream and at the same time beat the crap out someone, why did zimmerman still shoot him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies