Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 PM

359 posts, read 329,281 times

Advertisements

i don't assume anything about you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 11:50 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Mexicans are lazy and make bad food. I had better burritos living in Montana than living in New Mexico.
Burritos is not Mexican food. Anyone that has been to Mexico, besides Cancun would know that.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:03 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
America will probably become more segregated. I would imagine income inequality would also increase.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:14 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
If and when the USA becomes a Hispanic majority country what will change ?

I was surprised to hear the amount of Spanish spoken in California, with a Hispanic majority would the USA become a Spanish speaking country ?

Other than the Catholic Church having a very strong influence what other major changes would happen in the USA ?
A similar question could have been asked by the native Indians a few hundred years ago.
Change is inevitable,adaptation is your only option.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:19 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
This may come as a shock to some of you, but most of my hispanic neighbors probably speak proper english better than most of you. Of coarse my neighbors are "american hispanics". They are hard working and industrious people that are intelligent and honest. They care about this country and make a significant contribution. They look out for their neighbors and are very family oriented. Most of them disapprove of illegal aliens not only from mexico, but from anywhere in the world. Many of them came across the border legally and had to jump through all the hoops and paid a significant price to be here. They appreciate all this country has to offer and they don't approve of those who would ignore our laws and endanger our society. They are diverse and not easily painted with a single brush. Some have held fast to their culture and others have adapted to our culture. I guess I should not be surprised that so many here don't recognize the difference between american hispanics and illegal aliens. It speaks volumes...

Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How will rap and hip hop go away when they're some of the biggest consumers of it?
Now do you mean to tell me the brain trust here doesn't know jack squat outside their gated communities? Say it isn't so man.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:18 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Not much, whites will still progress but blacks will be further back than we already are. Hispanics aren't too fond of hiring blacks period, most can't even tell the difference between 2 black men.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Not much, whites will still progress but blacks will be further back than we already are. Hispanics aren't too fond of hiring blacks period, most can't even tell the difference between 2 black men.
Really? The Hispanics that I know don't seem to be racist at all. Your post surprises me.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:26 AM

32 posts, read 35,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
You guys love that racism card.... Fact is black people are more racist than another race (bellington 09 study)

Old 04-05-2012, 06:29 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Really? The Hispanics that I know don't seem to be racist at all. Your post surprises me.

reslly? You don't know many, I'm speaking employment in which many would rather hire their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
You guys love that racism card.... Fact is black people are more racist than another race (bellington 09 study)
If that is true, can you blame us? Be serious my friend. It's not true btw, we're just very aware of what's going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies