Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 01:51 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And what planet did you say you live on?

Are you going to tell me you don't know what Rev Wright has been teaching for 20 years? Are you seriously saying you have never heard of his "Black Liberation Theology" rants? Really?

And you of course haven't heard of Frank Marshall Davis, or Derrick Bell?

You wish to deny that Obama knew Bill Ayers quite well, and that he wasn't "just some guy in the neighborhood"?

You might want to catch up on some reading, starting with an article by one who met him as a young radical:
Archived-Articles: Meeting Young Obama

Also:
Widespread Concern Over Obama's Positions

Senator Obama's appointment of Zbigniew Brzezinski as a foreign policy adviser "worries Israel supporters" . His deep bond with Pastor Jeremiah Wright, Jr. (who has close ties with Louis Farrakhan -- a notorious anti-Semite elicited a critical column by Washington Post columnist Richard Cohen -- a column which seemed to open a window for others to come forward.

Archived-Articles: The Audacity of Questioning Obama's Commitment to Israel

And here:
Jeremiah Wright, Jr.

Pastor Wright is a supporter of Louis Farrakhan (who called Judaism a "gutter religion" and depicted Jews as "bloodsuckers") and traveled with him to visit Col. Muammar al-Gaddafi, archenemy of Israel's and a terror supporter. Most recently, as head of the UN Security CouncilGaddafi prevented condemnation of attacks against Israel. As Kyle-Anne Shriver noted,
Rev. Wright has many disagreements with Farrakhan, so I'm not sure how you define someone as a "supporter." Rev. Wright was on a mutli-denominational tour of several African nations. Rev. Wright was called away from the tour prior to any meeting with Gaddafi. That would be the same Gaddafi previously embraced by the U.S. Government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy
The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan received the "Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. Lifetime Achievement Trumpeteer" Award at the 2007 Trumpet Gala at the United Church of Christ.
The award and gala were functions of the Trumpet magazine which was run independent of Trinity and was not held at the church.
Quote:
Wright routinely compares Israel to apartheid South Africa and considers blacks "The Chosen People". Wright sees his role not just as a religious counselor but also as an educator and political activist.

Archived-Articles: Barack Obama and Israel
I notice that "The Chosen People" people line is not backed by any documentation of where or when he did this.
Quote:
I think I'm a little more well informed than you are, where Obama is concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 01:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, once again, you don't know why Alinsky was a radical; someone told he was and that's good enough for you. You're consistent.
He wrote a pamphlet entitled "Rules for Radicals" that has been used to teach whatever community organizers since his time have taught. The czar base of the White House is filled with people who have studied that pamphlet all their lives and are, indeed, filling the air with crap they came up with to force us to live however they believe.

Why in hell would I see so much of Alinsky coming from Cass Sunstein if he weren't accepting the teachings of another radical? Why do I see so much of those very things all over the American Communist Party website? They are very radical in thinking and tend to lean very heavily on Alinsky thinking.

Is there a chance that you are so acceptant of Alinslky teaching that you don't want others to be dissuaded from that kind of thinking because of me?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Beck also displays roy's consistency. Or vice-versa.
Yep, I haven't seen Beck in over two weeks from technical difficulties with my computer but you can bet I will be seeing him today. Damn it is so bad to be cut off from your lord and master that long.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
ummm...

To plot the overthrow of the American way of life, maybe?
I really think that Frank was in Hawaii because he was running from the law in the mainland. I always thought it had something to do with his communist thinking. Why did he go there if not for that reason?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
You and people like you tend to forget that Obama was elected into this mess with the economy, housing, jobs and government spending.

BUSH GOT US INTO A NEEDLESS WAR, SPENT BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON IT AND THEN HAD BLINDERS ON (FROM FOCUSING JUST ON WAR) SO HE DIDN'T SEE THE ECONOMY TANKING, THE HOUSING FIASCO OR JOBS BEING LOST.

I wish people had a longer attention span and could really comprehend what was/is going on in this country.
It would take a shorter attention span to see what was done toward our national debt by the law that Congress first passed without reading or debating about. Didn't some call that one 1st Stimulation or something like that? Why do I always see that crap about Bush and wars from you people but never anything about that Stimulator?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, you don't want to be sure about that, just about Alinsky. Was he a commie?
Did he work with the New Party in Chicago? I don't know about his membership leanings but I do see lots of his teachings being discussed on the website of CPUSA and they must think he was one of them.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Have you read it, or any of his work?
The pamphlet is not very long so it takes very little time to read. Now, have you read it?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The title of his pamphlet wouldn't have anything to do with his thinking, in your thinking, but it sure does for me. I will continue to think of Alinsky as a very radical thinking radical till you come up with a better title to the pamphlet.
Have you READ the pamphlet?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh, give it a rest. Nobody cares about Saul Alinsky except the nuttiest fringe of the right wing.
I see that you fail to look at the web site of CPUSA since you think that nobody cares about Alinsky outside the group you hate so much. Maybe you need to look in on them now and then. I do it often and they haven't converted me to their way of thinking, yet.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
I never knew who Alinsky was until the shock jocks on the radio brought him up.
Did you pick up that about what the jocks were saying from one of them or from Media Matters or one of the other left wing blogs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies