Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,566,999 times

Advertisements

if you're not gay you have nothing to worry about, you weren't born with the gay orientation, so GAY marriage has nothing to do with YOUR marriage.

I don't understand how someone can be PASSIONATELY against making STRANGERS LIFE HARD for NO REASON, and still look themselves in the mirror.

It's like they don't realize that making it so i can't get married, won't make me become straight, since it wasn't chosen.

Perhaps they think it's a choice and if i can't get married, i'll reconsider my 'life choice' and become a heterosexual.

that's the ONLY REASON i can think of for their actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 06:07 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,466,525 times
Same reason people who dont smoke post messages about smoking.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,343,092 times
"why do people who are ant gay post messages about same sex marriage?"

Probably for the same reasons gay people post messages about things not related to being gay. I think it has something to do with one of the amendments, if I'm not mistaken...

Old 04-05-2012, 06:56 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,835,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
if you're not gay you have nothing to worry about, you weren't born with the gay orientation, so GAY marriage has nothing to do with YOUR marriage.
It gets tiresome, doesn't it. Right here on the forum - from the same cast of characters each time (I could name names, but I'd probably get a warning for doing so). Same tiresome reasons, too - it goes against the Bible, its not "natural", it carries risk of disease, etc. Same crap every time.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:39 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,463,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
It gets tiresome, doesn't it. Right here on the forum - from the same cast of characters each time (I could name names, but I'd probably get a warning for doing so). Same tiresome reasons, too - it goes against the Bible, its not "natural", it carries risk of disease, etc. Same crap every time.
And yet the same people start the same threads with the same question time after time.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:10 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,575,578 times
The main reason is about power and control. Anti-gay folks think by denying rights to gays and lesbians and by dissing them, they have more power. Think of the school bully who only felt good if they knew they were better than someone else. This is their version of bullying.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,038,972 times
Ant Gay? You mean homosexual insects?

But I digress....I am all for Gay Marriage--it's not a threat to hetero marriage by any means. Being gay is not a choice, one is born that way.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,377,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Same reason people who dont smoke post messages about smoking.
Smoking is bad for your health.

Unless you are gay, same sex marriage will not affect you.

Try again.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:29 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,343,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Smoking is bad for your health.

Unless you are gay, same sex marriage will not affect you.

Try again.
Based on a few things I've studied, being gay is not particularly good for your health either - and this is information coming from The May Clinic, not some crack-pot conspiracy site.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:31 AM

994 posts, read 722,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
The main reason is about power and control. Anti-gay folks think by denying rights to gays and lesbians and by dissing them, they have more power. Think of the school bully who only felt good if they knew they were better than someone else. This is their version of bullying.
Really? That's what they think? Where's your evidence? Is your psychoanalysis of millions of people based on reality at all or are you just spouting off partisan rhetoric as if it was fact? You have social studies to back this up? Surveys? Opinion polls? Anything legitimate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies