U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 AM
 
3,064 posts, read 2,236,019 times
Reputation: 967

Advertisements


"Over the weekend more than 20 young adults were hospitalized with alcohol poisoning after attending a so called “blackout party” in Montclair, New Jersey. This is just the latest in a controversial tour of blackout parties around the country sponsored by Barstool U."

"The Barstool U Blackout Tour touts itself as the world’s biggest blacklight parties. Promotional videos and pictures of the events feature scantily clad women mosh pit dancing to techno music with strobe and laser lights and fire extinguisher sprays as accents."

"Portnoy flagrantly dismisses accusations such as this. ABC reports him responding to a comment writing: “Just to make friends with the feminists I‘d like to reiterate that we don’t condone rape of any kind at our Blackout Parties in mid January. However if a chick passes out, that’s a grey area.”



Controversial Barstool U ‘Blackout Parties’ Lead to Arrests, Hospitalizations | Video | TheBlaze.com


This is what we get when we wipe out God, break up families, absolve everyone from any personal responsibility or consequences for their actions and dumb down our educational system.

But, that is the path we have taken and maybe that is why we probably do need free contraception (and abortions - for those who are too drunk to remember to use it) and free health care for all. Probably a good idea to forgive these poor kids from their college debt also; can't expect someone to make it to work every day with a b*tch of a hangover. Oh, and better include a lot more free legal aide to help with the lawsuits of the rape cases, when the young women pass out and are taken advantage of. Understandable why we need to raise taxes. We've got a responsibility to help the general welfare in their pursuit of happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 AM
 
23,851 posts, read 19,802,302 times
Reputation: 9381
Quote:
"Portnoy flagrantly dismisses accusations such as this. ABC reports him responding to a comment writing: “Just to make friends with the feminists I‘d like to reiterate that we don’t condone rape of any kind at our Blackout Parties in mid January. However if a chick passes out, that’s a grey area.”
I'm sure this was tongue-in-cheek, but it was a poor decision to use this choice of words considering the tour is receiving negative press.

And I agree with the OP.....America is circling the drain in a million different ways....the attitudes and actions of college students included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 08:38 AM
 
70 posts, read 35,472 times
Reputation: 32
Any woman attending one of these parties knows what is going to happen to her if she gets drunk. Any rape charges should be dismissed by the courts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 08:44 AM
 
1,003 posts, read 618,617 times
Reputation: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire_63 View Post
Any woman attending one of these parties knows what is going to happen to her if she gets drunk. Any rape charges should be dismissed by the courts.

No, no. We only blame the victims when American soldiers get murdered in Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,744 posts, read 16,188,147 times
Reputation: 12719
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"Over the weekend more than 20 young adults were hospitalized with alcohol poisoning after attending a so called “blackout party” in Montclair, New Jersey. This is just the latest in a controversial tour of blackout parties around the country sponsored by Barstool U."

"The Barstool U Blackout Tour touts itself as the world’s biggest blacklight parties. Promotional videos and pictures of the events feature scantily clad women mosh pit dancing to techno music with strobe and laser lights and fire extinguisher sprays as accents."

"Portnoy flagrantly dismisses accusations such as this. ABC reports him responding to a comment writing: “Just to make friends with the feminists I‘d like to reiterate that we don’t condone rape of any kind at our Blackout Parties in mid January. However if a chick passes out, that’s a grey area.”



Controversial Barstool U ‘Blackout Parties’ Lead to Arrests, Hospitalizations | Video | TheBlaze.com


This is what we get when we wipe out God, break up families, absolve everyone from any personal responsibility or consequences for their actions and dumb down our educational system.

But, that is the path we have taken and maybe that is why we probably do need free contraception (and abortions - for those who are too drunk to remember to use it) and free health care for all. Probably a good idea to forgive these poor kids from their college debt also; can't expect someone to make it to work every day with a b*tch of a hangover. Oh, and better include a lot more free legal aide to help with the lawsuits of the rape cases, when the young women pass out and are taken advantage of. Understandable why we need to raise taxes. We've got a responsibility to help the general welfare in their pursuit of happiness.

This behavior truly is disgusting and should be stopped.
There is a horrifying profile of this sort of behavior at Dartmouth, the most conservative of the Ivies, BTW, in the current issue of Rolling Stone. It would appear that this sort of thing has been going on for generations and is simply considered the 'cost of entry' into a certain echelon of society.
Think of it: the so called 'best and brightest' encouraged to do unspeakable things to others in order to advance, to make connections, to get the good jobs when they graduate.
This is the culture that pervades many of the boardrooms and halls of Congress.
This is the culture and legacy that they want for their children.

Should we really wonder why the concerns of women are dismissed so blithely?
They are disposable after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 AM
 
3,064 posts, read 2,236,019 times
Reputation: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This behavior truly is disgusting and should be stopped.
There is a horrifying profile of this sort of behavior at Dartmouth, the most conservative of the Ivies, BTW, in the current issue of Rolling Stone. It would appear that this sort of thing has been going on for generations and is simply considered the 'cost of entry' into a certain echelon of society.
Think of it: the so called 'best and brightest' encouraged to do unspeakable things to others in order to advance, to make connections, to get the good jobs when they graduate.
This is the culture that pervades many of the boardrooms and halls of Congress.
This is the culture and legacy that they want for their children.

Should we really wonder why the concerns of women are dismissed so blithely?
They are disposable after all.
It is despicable and generations of indoctrination into irresponsible, immature, amoral behavior by all aspects of the media as well as increasingly our education system has produced a generation of lost souls on both sides of the aisle. But, who are the ones trying to combat this?

"The week before, and days leading up to, Valentine’s Day... are known as “Sex Week” at Yale... the days are packed with activities, classes and lectures sure to make the average co-ed’s grandmother blush."

To name a few:

“XXX Haiku Workshop,” ..."***** and Orthodox: Rabbi Steve Greenberg, “Work It: Founder of Babeland Sex Toys talks about *****-Friendly Business and Pleasing Women,” “Maggie Mayhem with Cindy Gallop on Sex, Sex on Camera, and the Porn Industry,” “Fornication 101 with Oh Megan!”….you get the picture"

"Last fall, Yale banned “Sex Week” from campus following complaints from a conservative group called Undergraduates for a Better Yale College (UBYC), who charged the organizers with taking money from the porn industry (a charge the organizers denied), Business Insider reported. The fact that the school came under a Title IX investigation last year for its sexual harassment and sexual assault policies likely played into the change as well, according to National Review.
"

Read more: Sex Week | Yale | True Love Week | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Status: "Trump: Comrade!" (set 6 days ago)
 
10,477 posts, read 6,175,946 times
Reputation: 7217
I went to 'blackout' parties as a youth.

It was called 'college' back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 09:58 AM
 
2,313 posts, read 3,179,910 times
Reputation: 1581
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"Over the weekend more than 20 young adults were hospitalized with alcohol poisoning after attending a so called “blackout party” in Montclair, New Jersey. This is just the latest in a controversial tour of blackout parties around the country sponsored by Barstool U."

"The Barstool U Blackout Tour touts itself as the world’s biggest blacklight parties. Promotional videos and pictures of the events feature scantily clad women mosh pit dancing to techno music with strobe and laser lights and fire extinguisher sprays as accents."

"Portnoy flagrantly dismisses accusations such as this. ABC reports him responding to a comment writing: “Just to make friends with the feminists I‘d like to reiterate that we don’t condone rape of any kind at our Blackout Parties in mid January. However if a chick passes out, that’s a grey area.”



Controversial Barstool U ‘Blackout Parties’ Lead to Arrests, Hospitalizations | Video | TheBlaze.com


This is what we get when we wipe out God, break up families, absolve everyone from any personal responsibility or consequences for their actions and dumb down our educational system.

But, that is the path we have taken and maybe that is why we probably do need free contraception (and abortions - for those who are too drunk to remember to use it) and free health care for all. Probably a good idea to forgive these poor kids from their college debt also; can't expect someone to make it to work every day with a b*tch of a hangover. Oh, and better include a lot more free legal aide to help with the lawsuits of the rape cases, when the young women pass out and are taken advantage of. Understandable why we need to raise taxes. We've got a responsibility to help the general welfare in their pursuit of happiness.

I wonder if Snooki and crew were there.....oh wait they never got past high school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM
 
3,349 posts, read 2,648,453 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
I wonder if Snooki and crew were there.....oh wait they never got past high school
The way the Jersey Bore crew acts, you mean 'never got past grade school"....

Blackout parties.... sound like a recipe for disaster.... thats what happens when our young people use reality tv as a measure of how to act in society
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 10:46 AM
 
3,064 posts, read 2,236,019 times
Reputation: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
The way the Jersey Bore crew acts, you mean 'never got past grade school"....

Blackout parties.... sound like a recipe for disaster.... thats what happens when our young people use reality tv as a measure of how to act in society
And they do. Why do you think society encourages this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:41 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top