Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
I just sent the following letter to the Justice Department and a copy to the President

You're actually going to comply with the demands of this judge who demands that you account for in writing for what President Obama has said ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL?? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! Complying with this BS would set a very dangerous precedent. This idiot judge who is so stupid he doesn't even know that the courts DO NOT HAVE JURISDICTION OVER CAMPAIGN SPEECHES should have been told to go to f... hell right then and there. He should have been told that the President will say whatever he damn well pleases while he is on the CAMPAIGN TRAIL and he should have been told that that if he doesn't like it then that is just too damned bad. (ok, maybe not quite that blunt, but that's what he should have been told)

His calling the Affordable Health Care act "Obamacare" would alone be reason to be removed from the case. But with his absurd, stupid, idiotic, arrogant demand that President Obama, or anybody, account for what President Obama says on the CAMPAIGN TRAIL he should be impeached.
By the way........IF he was even on the campaign trail as you assert....are you saying that you sanction Obama's lies? Are you saying that he's free to lie directly to the American people, and that you accept those lies?

Fact checkers of all political stripes have already disproved Obama's assertions in his anti-SC rant. If you don't believe me, look it up.

That you wrote a letter in his defense makes you willfully ignorant....or someone who will accept Barack Obama lies at face value.

I find that to be highy embarrassing for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 11:42 AM

994 posts, read 724,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yep, 2 1/2 pages ... Hmmmm, a little backhander slam at this Activist Judge perhaps? I think Holder also pointed out that the SC issue has nothing at all to do with the case before this Judge.

And what has this Judge done that is activist?

Old 04-05-2012, 11:43 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
I just sent the following letter to the Justice Department and a copy to the President

You're actually going to comply with the demands of this judge who demands that you account for in writing for what President Obama has said ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL?? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! Complying with this BS would set a very dangerous precedent. This idiot judge who is so stupid he doesn't even know that the courts DO NOT HAVE JURISDICTION OVER CAMPAIGN SPEECHES should have been told to go to f... hell right then and there. He should have been told that the President will say whatever he damn well pleases while he is on the CAMPAIGN TRAIL and he should have been told that that if he doesn't like it then that is just too damned bad. (ok, maybe not quite that blunt, but that's what he should have been told)

His calling the Affordable Health Care act "Obamacare" would alone be reason to be removed from the case. But with his absurd, stupid, idiotic, arrogant demand that President Obama, or anybody, account for what President Obama says on the CAMPAIGN TRAIL he should be impeached.

It would be nice to know what you're talking about.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire_63 View Post
Ignore a federal judge and will end up being impeached just like Clinton.
Really? So a federal judge, whether it be district, appellate or Supreme Court, can simply order a sitting President or other elected official to write school reports?

Gee, I thought all three branches were co-equal.

Mind: I thought President Obama should have kept any statements about the ACA case to "I am sure that the Justices will render a decision based on the Constitution and established Constitutional law".

However, just because he shot his mouth off does not give a federal judge the right to 'call him on the carpet'. That is not how our system works.

I ignore your statement about being 'impeached just like Clinton' for 'ignoring a federal judge', since you obviously have no idea what impeachment is.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:58 AM

70 posts, read 43,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Really? So a federal judge, whether it be district, appellate or Supreme Court, can simply order a sitting President or other elected official to write school reports?

Gee, I thought all three branches were co-equal.

Mind: I thought President Obama should have kept any statements about the ACA case to "I am sure that the Justices will render a decision based on the Constitution and established Constitutional law".

However, just because he shot his mouth off does not give a federal judge the right to 'call him on the carpet'. That is not how our system works.

I ignore your statement about being 'impeached just like Clinton' for 'ignoring a federal judge', since you obviously have no idea what impeachment is.

Bill Clinton was impeached for lying to a grand jury. That is a "high crime or misdemeanor". The jury was called because Clinton ignored a judge when he refused to testify in the Paula Jones case in Arkansas.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:00 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire_63 View Post
Bill Clinton was impeached for lying to a grand jury. That is a "high crime or misdemeanor". The jury was called because Clinton ignored a judge when he refused to testify in the Paula Jones case in Arkansas.
Yes, but only the House 'impeaches', while the Senate does the trial. A federal judge did not 'impeach' Clinton.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:

Are you saying that all the campaign lies Obama told and will tell from now on have to be allowed even when so many people can't see the lies in what he says? Not all the words he says are really understandable by so many of our people and it should be required that he talk sense while he is President. This is kind of like not holding him liable for the words he spoke to the Russian president the other day,

Old 04-05-2012, 12:16 PM

70 posts, read 43,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes, but only the House 'impeaches', while the Senate does the trial. A federal judge did not 'impeach' Clinton.

The chief justice of the Supreme Court is the judge at the impeachment trial when it comes. They will get their revenge.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The President of the United States of America is NOT beyond reproach.

Shame on you for ignoring this most basic principle.
Well, yeah, but he is a Democrat and leans pretty far left and this law was intended to be the beginning of the end of the constitutional nation we live in and he can't seem to allow it to be destroyed just to save the nation from progressivism.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
And what has this Judge done that is activist?
Well, he has demanded that Obama and his puppet from Department of Injustice explain themselves about all this and that would have to be very activist to progressives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies