Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
What "waterfront property" are you talking about? Between I-295 and the Potomac up to the Capitol St is Bolling AFB and the Blue Plains water treatment plant. North of the Capitol St Bridge it's mostly the Anacostia Trail and Park, and on the other shore you have Ft McNair, the Nationals Stadium complex, then Navy Yard, RFK stadium, then more park space. Going up the Potomac you have Georgetown, the Tidal Basin, and Waterfront, which are already developed.

The only way you could open up riverfront property for development would be to relocate the military installations (Bolling, McNair, Navy Yard). Most of the park space is too narrow between I-295 and the river to develop, and developing the park space would require filling in mostly wetlands and marshes.

As far as the 8th Ward goes, it's starting to gentrify. There are a lot of new condos going up, and the new DHS headquarters is moving in by 2015. Anacostia is now at the tipping point that Penns Quarter was back in the mid 90's. Within time the projects like Barry Farms will be razed, and not soon enough...
Luckily for me, you're not my Realtor. Nor do you sound like my compettion. I'll be more than happy for you to keep thinking this. In fact, please forget I ever mentioned anything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 10:04 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Luckily for me, you're not my Realtor. Nor do you sound like my comptetion. I'll be more than happy for you to keep thinking this. In fact, please forget I ever mentioned anything!
Actually, you obviously thought that not many people were familiar with the DC area. Unfortunately for you, there are some folks here who are familiar with DC and could call you on your BS.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Just got off the phone with the realtor who will handle my $200K purchase of 1.67 acres in 20906 area code. Yes, that's a bargain in this area in this economy.
Silver Spring...home of the MS-13s?? LOL...I'd be more impressed if you had listed a Chevy Chase, Bethesda location. You picked the wrong MoCo neighborhood to brag about.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Actually, you obviously thought that not many people were familiar with the DC area. Unfortunately for you, there are some folks here who are familiar with DC and could call you on your BS.
LOL

Hill East Waterfront Redevelopment

I tell ya.....it's mindboggling how many people think they know something when in fact they know nothing. And then people like me have to come along and clean up the scraps.

Who do you think is slobbering over this redevelopment project? Ward residents or the actual land brokers and developers?

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 04-05-2012 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Silver Spring...home of the MS-13s?? LOL...I'd be more impressed if you had listed a Chevy Chase, Bethesda location. You picked the wrong MoCo neighborhood to brag about.
There you go again...thinking you understand the area. If you knew as much about the area as you think you do...you'd know that the Silver Spring zip code covers more than Silver Spring. I know ...I know....that's more than you can comprehend. But look into it. You might actually learn something today.

I bet you also knew about Science City that is planned to be positioned at the ICC. And what about Kontera? That ring a bell? Those are development projects. What do you think property values are about to do? Guess what zip code that falls under?

You don't have a clue.

Please....just stop. You're really embarrassing yourself.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
There you go again...thinking you understand the area. If you knew as much about the area as you think you do...you'd know that the Silver Spring zip code covers more than Silver Spring. I know ...I know....that's more than you can comprehend. But look into it. You might actually learn something today.

I bet you also knew about Science City that is planned to be positioned at the ICC. And what about Kontera? That ring a bell? Those are development projects. What do you think property values are about to do?

You don't have a clue.

Please....just stop. You're really embarrassing yourself.
LOL; Sorry, try again. 20906 is Silver Spring. That is NOT a sought-after area. Try Chevy Chase, Bethesda and certain areas of Rockville. Also try the Palisades, Chevy Chase, Mount Pleasant, Georgetown and Spring Valley neighborhoods in DC. Otherwise, trek out to Vienna and/or McLean in Virginia.

No one is impressed with your bragging.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:27 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,398 times
I have learned more about Washington DC geography than I ever did in school......CD rules

Old 04-05-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
LOL

Hill East Waterfront Redevelopment

I tell ya.....it's mindboggling how many people think they know something when in fact they know nothing. And then people like me have to come along and clean up the scraps.

Who do you think is slobbering over this redevelopment project? Ward 8 residents or the actual land brokers and developers?

Outside of the housing developments in the I Street area of SW, and Southeastern University, there are no housing developments near the waterfront in SW. I'm well familiar with that area because I lived there. The area along the waterfront is mainly made up of restaurants, the wharf, Jefferson Junior High and buildings that don't seem to have much purpose.

There is a revitalization effort in place, but that area used to be a poorly constructed park and a useless indoor mall that surrounded the Waterfront Metro stop. NONE of it was housing developments. Sorry, try again.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
LOL; Sorry, try again. 20906 is Silver Spring. That is NOT a sought-after area. Try Chevy Chase, Bethesda and certain areas of Rockville. Also try the Palisades, Chevy Chase, Mount Pleasant, Georgetown and Spring Valley neighborhoods in DC. Otherwise, trek out to Vienna and/or McLean in Virginia.

No one is impressed with your bragging.
You have absolutely no freaking clue what you're talking about.

PS...I own land in several of those locales as well. Your mindless blathering is pitiful.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
You have absolutely no freaking clue what you're talking about.

PS...I own land in several of those locales as well.
Your mindless blathering is pitiful.
LOL; sure. It's painfully obvious who doesn't know what in this exchange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies