Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:39 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,040 times

Advertisements

Replace Asians with Hispanics and this guy could be elected governor in much of the south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 12:44 PM

66 posts, read 125,531 times
As Forrest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does". We love the "Mayor for Life" the way America loves the Kardashians, he's just another recurring train wreck.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:50 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
It will be what it will be. Until we raise leaders instead of rap stars and athletes we will be left behind and you are right that other people in the mentioned races will take full advantage of our weakness. Hispanics in my area tend to be divided though. Some hang with White people some hang with black people and some just a mixed group. Also I have done business with some Hispanic people and we got along fine. Dont know many Asians but lots of Indian/Pakastani people own stores here. They seem to own more than even the White people. Its not the who but the what that matters. If you have leaders who have good hearts and minds then all will be well. If you have leaders that see one group as something to be used and abused then its another story.

Good stuff to dispel the us and them.

The first two people I influenced in getting a job in my life was black and the other was Jewish(and some people might know what I think about Israel which has nothing to do with it). After that it was a Romanian and an old guy(forgot to discriminate there too) . I am not really in personal but in that case I handed in the resumes and pushed for them for hire. Not sure what the hell is wrong with everyone else. My Russian co-worker chided me for not making sure it was a hot girl on one of them... I see his point but....

When I had my own business one was a very busy Mexican shop that was lower rider heaven. The owner would have scared the crap out of most of my current neighbors. I would waste too much time talking to him. My best sparing partner in chess was a black guy name KC. Wish he was still around because he had great end game skill.

Some might wonder why I don't have any interracial friends now. I am a man with a family and a job. I don't think I have any friends anymore..

Old 04-05-2012, 12:57 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustHaveCoffee View Post
As Forrest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does". We love the "Mayor for Life" the way America loves the Kardashians, he's just another recurring train wreck.
Actually it was "Momma" who said that.. Forrest was simply quoting her.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:58 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Marion Barry = the prime example of why DC should never have been granted home rule. DC as the Federal District should be governed directly by the Federal government.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:02 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
What kind of people continue to vote for ignorant, corrupt, racist idiots like Mary Barry? He's a very successful con-man.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:09 PM

66 posts, read 125,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Marion Barry = the prime example of why DC should never have been granted home rule. DC as the Federal District should be governed directly by the Federal government.
OMG no! Can you imagine how bad things would be here! Every new swing in power would turn DC into an extension of itself and things would shake up every four years or so. Certainly not a good place for living or doing business.

My hope is that the city surrounding the government buildings be granted statehood and the federal district in it's core be governed directly by the Feds. That way nobody's house (except the President's) is effected by their wild political whims.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:09 PM

51 posts, read 52,935 times
I could understand why blacks hate Asians . They basically call them out on their excuse making by suceeding and prospering ..many times in the same neighborhoods where success was said to be "impossible". As an Asian I could 1. Be offended by what Barry has said 2. Realize that only weak minded idiots get offended easily by people they dont even know, especially when considering the source. i then move on with my life. I often wonder why blacks more readily accept option 1 then option 2!

Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire_63 View Post
You can only open so many liquor stores or pawn shops before a market is saturated. No legitmate profitable business will open without proper police protection.
there is a crying need for green grocery on the hood. korean people have provided this service. treating them nicer would result in more of them coming in. also i think they have a great deal to teach about how to run a business. if they can do it, how bout the AA community themselves doing it.
the people and esp the kids need it. have the koreans demanded billions to start up their biz on the hood? i dont think so. that would be another line of work separate from selling apples.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-05-2012 at 01:31 PM..

Old 04-05-2012, 01:23 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Obama is not responsible for MB.
Well as usual you missed the point. However since you brought it up the Federal government has direct oversight control on DC so yes ultimately Obama is responsible for MB. Just so you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies