Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 02:15 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times

Advertisements

Well that guy seems alittle angry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 02:23 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Unless the average voter can learn to separate the social issues from the economic concerns, the contradictions and stagnation will continue.

The nation's politics are, essentially, center-right; we mind our own business and take a skeptical attitude towand large, centralized "remedies". But life in an industrialized, urbanized society makes it easy to "fall through the cracks"; that's why most of us want a "safety net". The dispute is over how big, and how it would be administrated.

Because there is also a susbstantial contingent of the unmotivated and the non-contributing out there; the unscrupulous not-so-few who know how to "woork the system" And the continued trend toward centralization pushed by Obama and his lackeys works in their favor.

Admittedly, Romney doesn't want to push too hard on that issue; he is, obviously, used to working in "enemy country", and sees placing limits on the growth of the entitlements until, supposedly, the economy recovers and "catches up" sufficiently to fund it.

But there are other forces at work in the global economy. The average American has enjoyed a substantial advantage in almost all the measures of material comfort (energy consumption, personal living space, etc.) since World War II, and in the absence of armed conflict, the natural play of supply and demand will even things out. Any of you turkeys over there in Left Field want to start a war?

As it turns out, we got the mostly-peaceful world the unilateral-diarmament fools were ranting about back in 1986, but the price is one of stagnation at home while things readjust.

And there are still those idiots out there who believe that all the hypothetical wealth that was out there during the previous "phony prosperity" was stolen and locked away in a vault by "rich Republicans". It evaporated when a coalition of fools and misfits put the gang of looters back in charge in Washington. Period.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-05-2012 at 02:44 PM..

Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Well that guy seems alittle angry
Ya think
Best to simply let them get it out of their system, blood pressure control is a good thing.
As for trying to discuss anything, it is obvious that is not the agenda so best simple go on to the next thread, besides it would simple raise their blood pressure again and then bang another thread in bold red.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:46 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Too much red and too much bold for my liking. Sounds like you have a personal problem.

America is NOT a conservative country. Get used to it, Jack.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:47 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
My eyes!!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 03:02 PM

915 posts, read 1,190,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post

What must happen is that conservatives must do a couple things not just for this election, but for the indefinite future, which are:

1. ... he understood that the conservative philosophy involved working hard and earning your keep, and by doing do, you increase your position to help others in need.

Sounds like a key component of communism to me.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:35 PM

764 posts, read 597,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... and thanks for the bolded red print, makes your busted premise even easier to recognize.

Exactly. People who were born on third and think they hit a triple.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:36 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I concur wholeheartedly. "Indoctrinated Dems" is a good way of putting it. However, I don't believe "converting Liberals" is the goal of (m)any conservatives. I believe what we discuss here on the forum is that of a mutual disagreement with each other's ideology. Very rarely do I see anyone on this forum that I would actively pursue as someone i'd want on "my side." This is because their opinions are as you said....."indoctrinated" with permanency.
And your conservative opinions are not "indoctrinated with permanency?"

Old 04-05-2012, 04:19 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,777 times
While I agree with the OP....I have to admit...I argue with Libs for laughs. I like to watch them squirm and flip out when asked questions they cannot answer....they get this look on their face........and then when they realize they cannot give a good answer that won't make them look completely idiotic, they get this look.... and start name calling.....and after I laugh at them, they shut off their computer and get this look...

I call it the 3 stages of Liberal denial....It's very entertaining.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:20 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Too much red and too much bold for my liking. Sounds like you have a personal problem.

America is NOT a conservative country. Get used to it, Jack.
Wrong...you clowns just yell louder than we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies