Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 08:08 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,695 times

Advertisements

I guess what Clinton meant was " I did not have a meaningful relationship with that woman". Just another flub I guess.
Any attempt to be misleading by a president is disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 08:08 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,551,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Do we really have 10 pages of Republicans (Tea Party ilk, Birthers, etc) complaining about President Obama saying "father" instead of "grandfather"?

This thread is reflective of the pettiness that pervades the GOP and is the reason that the GOP is dying. They wallow in the minutia and the insignifigant; they spend their energy on drunk frat boy folly. Its pathetic.
We also have 10 pages of democrats attempting to defend and "explain" this recorded statement as something else.

If it such an example of "minutia", why are you so concerned about it?

The defense is without substance or proof. Speaking of pathetic.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:13 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,633,857 times
It was well-established in the 2008 campaign Obama's grandfather was a WW2 vet, and he didn't even attempt to "use it" then. It's obvious his own father would be too young to have served, and (as is proven here), even Republicans are smart enough to do basic math, so do you seriously believe he was attempting to deceive the public?

I believe this thread should be archived in the Smithsoneon to prove why the GOP lost the 2012 Presidential Election. I mean I thought the Dems had reached a low point in 2004, but this takes the cake.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It was a pretty bad flub, but to read the OP and subsequent responders get so up in arms over the quip says more about them than it does the prezzie.

And your sole purpose on this forum is to attack Obama...all day, every day. What exactly is your point?
Challenging the powers that be is patriotic. You and your cohorts on this forum should try it sometime. You might actually realize that Barack Obama is not really the Messiah....and he doesn't schit Skittles and piiss rainbows. (Yes, I'm serious! He really doesn't!!)

Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
This didn't occur "on a daily basis." It happened once.

And yes, most people confuse other family members at least once, usually far more often than that.
And your proof of this? Other than you saying it, of course.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
You are confusing comedy with news. Sort that out and perhaps you will be prepared to make a meaningful contribution to what is a generally meaningless flame-bait thread.
And you appear to be confusing (poor) comedy with governing.

If you wish this thread to get better, actually study some history and stop throwing flames such as in your quoted statement at people.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
You are equivocating. Equivocation is generally far more dishonest than what you are characterizing here as a "lie."
Let's see. Equivocating to you is a flat out statement of opinion with no wiggle room.

That is far more disturbing that your squirming to try and find an acceptable rational for Obamas' lie. And considerably more dishonest.

As a "HistorianDude" you should be able to see that, but...

Oh well.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,633,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Challenging the powers that be is patriotic. You and your cohorts on this forum should try it sometime. You might actually realize that Barack Obama is not really the Messiah....and he doesn't schit Skittles and piiss rainbows. (Yes, I'm serious! He really doesn't!!)
Wonderful discourse....nice reasoning with you.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:28 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I guess what Clinton meant was " I did not have a meaningful relationship with that woman". Just another flub I guess.
Any attempt to be misleading by a president is disgusting.
And any simple slip by a president is not an attempt to be misleading.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:30 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
We also have 10 pages of democrats attempting to defend and "explain" this recorded statement as something else.

If it such an example of "minutia", why are you so concerned about it?
Ignoring that I am not and never have been a Democrat, the purpose is not to defend Obama, it is to expose right wing ideologues who jump on simple misstatements like this as malicious, irrational, pathetic, trivial and small minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies