Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
IF the law is allowed to stand, one must wonder how many Americans will simply tell the government to "go to hell", and still not buy the insurance? I'll wager there will be many who test the system.

What a boondoggle of a law!!!! America is already broke, and the clown in the White House has pushed through a law that will ENSURE that bankruptcy will stand due to the TRILLIONS of national debt it will incur. Could we possibly elect someone more hellbent on destroying this country? What a George Soros puppet...........
I really don't think that many people realize what the purpose of this law was from the first. It was intended to be a power grab from day one and the mandated insurance made it impossible for the companies to remain in business long after it goes into effect. Obama didn't talk about single payer in the final days of passage because he knew he could force them out of business and then usher in single payer for the good of the folks.

Damn it hurts to see so many people being taken by this law of 2700 pages that hasn't been read by many of those who voted for it, yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 11:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Hi Roy , we've been over the death panel fallacy once before.

Remember, I work with medical charts, the vast majority of which are for Medicare patients. There aren't any death panels, unless you consider the criteria many private insurance companies use to save themselves money by denying coverage for certain procedures and medications.

The docs are not conversing with an arm of the government as they fill out charts and order surgical procedures. What I do see them doing is a lot of fighting for patients, regardless of insurance coverage. The good ones don't take 'no' sitting down for an answer when something needs to be done that an insurance company is blocking.

As for the text in bold, I only see that for patients who are actively dying and are no longer responsive to voice, or other stimuli, essentially comatose.
I consider the state Medicare boards that are all bureaucrats to be death panels waiting to happen. They determine what can paid for each procedure and many doctors have decided playing the game is over and are not taking in many new Medicare patients. When bureaucrats determine what they can charge I say that they are cutting out some of the procedures that could be needed. Why in hell would a doctor who is so far in debt when he starts practicing take part in the whole thing before the "Law" goes into effect.

As for the actively dying words, I guess you don't know that all of us are doing that today. I fully expect that without repeal of this power grab I will be one of those that some group of bureaucrats will determine is too old to get the care needed. Rationing is a very important part of this law and we old people will be the first ones to be effected by it.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:25 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I consider the state Medicare boards that are all bureaucrats to be death panels waiting to happen. They determine what can paid for each procedure and many doctors have decided playing the game is over and are not taking in many new Medicare patients. When bureaucrats determine what they can charge I say that they are cutting out some of the procedures that could be needed. Why in hell would a doctor who is so far in debt when he starts practicing take part in the whole thing before the "Law" goes into effect.

As for the actively dying words, I guess you don't know that all of us are doing that today. I fully expect that without repeal of this power grab I will be one of those that some group of bureaucrats will determine is too old to get the care needed. Rationing is a very important part of this law and we old people will be the first ones to be effected by it.
I see you repeating the fearmongering talking points that have successfully scared the wits out of you and a lot of other seniors (which was its ultimate goal), and it's a tragedy. I see there is no place for truth.

Very unfortunate.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
If Congress can require us to buy anything, they should require every American to buy a home, with subsidies similar to Obamacare. (omg)

Old 04-06-2012, 12:10 AM

744 posts, read 811,976 times
Obama should require girls to date me

Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I see you repeating the fearmongering talking points that have successfully scared the wits out of you and a lot of other seniors (which was its ultimate goal), and it's a tragedy. I see there is no place for truth.

Very unfortunate.
Well, please explain the "truth" to all of us ignorant people. Why have doctors' diagnosis reviewed by non-peer people who are not physicians,...but are nothing more than appointed bureaucrats who count pennies,....not lives.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have been wondering what may happen to us if Obama manages to bully the Court into allowing his "baby" to stand. Will they try to force us all to buy Volts or some other kind of "green" car? Will they demand that we give in to any of the other desires of either political lean? Where will they stop?
Technically, they should stop when you don't cost the government anything. Health care costs the governments nearly a trillion dollars a year.

Next thing you know, heaven forbid, they will demand you to buy auto insurance!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
As I posted earlier this morning in another thread, I find the metaphors that you conservatives use in regards to health insurance quite amusing.

"OMG! If the government forces us to buy subsidized health insurance then it will force us to buy the dancing bum up the street a mountain goat ranch in Utah!"

I swear its hilarious.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:58 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Insurance for our cars?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:33 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Yes other Presidents have criticized SCOTUS, but none them have gone as far as His Holiness obama.

Obviously, from what you've spewed here ... 1) you didn't listen to or read President Obama's comments to which you have your nylons in a knot over and, 2) your comprehension of government process past and present in the USA is seriously lacking. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies