Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 07:48 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
And, as an American, I'm baffled at how the entire European economic and financial system is collapsing.
Like most Righties you have no clue about what happens in Europe.
God Bless Duh Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 07:50 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,557,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Here's a joke:
America, the self-proclaimed 'greatest nation on earth' is too stupid of what to do about 30 million uninsured people.
America would have problems trying to outsmart a hamster.
Yet we have the most scientific patents in the world and top universities. Clearly we are idiots though since some jackass like you on the internet is a better judge.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:53 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
God Bless Duh Americans.
Too funny, you have to include yourself in that group, you seem to have no idea what is going on in Europe.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:56 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
Meh. It's obvious that the medical industry and insurance industries are in cahoots to rob people blind anyway. I'd much rather have a European system that still consistently delivers top notch service anyway.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:00 PM

487 posts, read 382,611 times
Quote:
God Bless Duh Americans.
Really? Have you opened a newspaper lately?

Old 04-06-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I think he is one of hose duh Americans he fixates on.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I read the online versions of German newspapers. On March 12, 2012, the German healthcare system (which provides excellent healthcare) reported a surplus of $5.28 billion dollars.
Europe is not in a state of economic collapse. The economic collapse is in your head.
But like I said before, the great majority of Americans have no clue about what happens in Europe. God Bless Duh Americans. Go find another country to bomb, that's your best talent.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:12 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,557,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateverhere View Post
Those countrys don't care about the UK. They have the same relationship to the UK as they have to Germany.
Yeah, okay. Ever heard of the US–UK Mutual Defence Agreement? Because it is more far reaching then any agreement the United States has with any mainland European country. As far as the UK's relationship with Canada, New Zealand, and Australia go you do realize they all have the Queen as there monarch right? That says they do compare about the United Kingdom and then there are the commonwealth games as well. As far as the countries relationship go with the UK they are the deepest of any nation except for the United States and Canada who have an ever closer relationship. So your comment here tells me you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Quote:
There are projected to be 10 million less germans by 2050. Know your facts.
Every projection I've seen has been 20 million not 10 million so list a source if you believe that is what it will be.

Quote:
Plus there are no reliable statistics about that because you can't predict what is happening in the next 40 years.
The only way Germany could stop its population drop due to low fertility is through massive immigration but seeing as how unsuccessful that has been in Europe I doubt we'll see that happen.

Quote:
I think there are going to be great years for countries like Germany and Scandinavia because they have a high educated workforce and sound social policies.
There social safety net programs are going to go bust here in the upcoming decades.

Quote:
Many experts think automation will make up for a declining population in the future.
You won't have the income from workers to support the elderly population so if there is a decline in workers due to automation that is going to make the problem even worse. However, technology is a double edge sword reducing employment in one area and creating it in another.

Quote:
Industrial countries with high growth of people with low education will face mass structural unemployment.
The US is already a highly educated country, we aren't exactly lacking college education in this country.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-07-2012 at 04:05 AM.. Reason: personal attacks

Old 04-06-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Too funny, you have to include yourself in that group, you seem to have no idea what is going on in Europe.
Duh assumption don't woik. I lived in Germany for 18 years.
But go ahead, you duh Americans, blabber on.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I read the online versions of German newspapers. On March 12, 2012, the German healthcare system (which provides excellent healthcare) reported a surplus of $5.28 billion dollars.
Europe is not in a state of economic collapse. The economic collapse is in your head.
But like I said before, the great majority of Americans have no clue about what happens in Europe. God Bless Duh Americans. Go find another country to bomb, that's your best talent.
Lol, remain calm all is well.

"Of all the members of the European Union, Greece was hit the hardest by the recession because it was half a trillion dollars in debt and has only 11 million people. The EU agreed to bail out Greece, with the largest checks coming from its strongest member, Germany. In return for the loans, Greeks would have to abide by a financial austerity program that included laying off 150,000 public workers, salary reductions of 20 percent, higher taxes and lower government spending. It’s understandable that Greeks were upset with Germany says Schaeuble. “When you have countries or people who have been living beyond their means, and now they have to apply some austerity, they have to make cuts, they have to reform their labor market…people tend to push the blame to others,” Schaeuble says. “They are looking for scapegoats. It’s perfectly normal,” he tells Kroft"

German FinMin: We Are Greece’s Scapegoats | Keep Talking Greece

I suggest you step out from behind your computer, hop on a plane, see the world, and learn something.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies