Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 08:18 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
All I can say is if these euroweenies are baffled then it's a pretty good sign the founding fathers were correct in their approach.

"Europe is scratching its head over possibility that the U.S. Supreme Court will strike down President Obama's signature legislative achievement. As the judiciary and the Obama administration trade legal barbs over the high court's authority, the idea that health care coverage, largely considered a universal right in Europe, could be deemed an affront to liberty is baffling. "

Europe Is Baffled by the U.S. Supreme Court - Yahoo! News
Hey. It's why we crossed the pond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 08:22 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Duh assumption don't woik. I lived in Germany for 18 years.
But go ahead, you duh Americans, blabber on.
Lived, you clearly are clueless to the current condition. Yes you appear to be a duh American blabbering on.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:15 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Yeah they're baffled that citizens of the "richest country in the world" go bankrupt because they can't afford medical treatment.
A friend of mine passed away recently...He used to say that health is the only real wealth...He sat on the board of a few major Canadian hospitals...had controlling shares in a few corporations...was a high end litigation lawyer and patron to medical research...When he died- he was in control of about 15..billion dollars.............YET...He mentioned under social medicine --with total enforced equality...his own dying mother had to lay in the hall way of the hospital because our system had surpassed it's ability to care for the sick..

This wise old man suggested that Canadian health care be privatized...eventually it will be...The man knew his stuff and was highly experienced...so...may as well enjoy public health care cos' it won't be here fore ever.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:58 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
"The poor will always be with us"..............Jesus J. Christ.

He did not mean the materially poor...he meant the stupid--rich or poor.

The most important thing you will learn in life is that you can not educate all the people...some are just plain dumb...as Lady Ga GA said "I was born this way" - We live in a democracy and we are taught that all are equal. So we have this idea that people are all aware and intelligent.

This morning I was on the street advising a friend..He had some old un-resolved family issues...No matter how I explained things to him...He could not focus...could not stop dwelling in the past even for a moment...I left feeling drained...and frustrated...as I entered my door way...I thought to myself..The poor guy is mentally ill...Then I had a sudden revelation. This man was just plain stupid an there is nothing I can do for him.

Like health care...which when approached with logic and intelligence....is a must...YOU must have care for all..without destroying them financially.....I can not understand why a person does not believe another person does NOT deserve to have a doctor? I can not understand why Americans are having such a problem with this.....? Is it the stupifying through institutionalized greed that is responsible?

The stupid will always be with us...rich and poor....best to just go head and get it done..no point in having a debate that will never end.....some people can be saved...some do not want to be saved...and others don't know that there is an opportunity to be saved........This is an opportunity...the window to it is closing...STOP...trying to educate dump folks.................it's a waste of time.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:33 PM

266 posts, read 179,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The Europeans or other nations that provide some form of universal health care are in the position they're in for many reasons, one of which was the cascade effect of Americans believing you should be able to own a home regardless if you could afford it or not! That crappy paper found it's way into many portfolios worldwide.

To copy any other system but yours would be an admission of inferiority so of course it will never happen and pulling out of NATO will never happen either; your military complex would neve allow your government to do that, they own your ass even more than the Chinese do.

Stop fantasizing and face reality; you're broke too and going for the gold medal of 'broke' but your lobbyists will not allow anything to change cause they're getting rich while you're going into the crapper.

They are also in the predicament they're in as distinctive from yourselves because they can't print money like you people can to service your debt. That may change.

China bailing out Europe? How much of your ass does China own? They are watching you print money which serves to devalue your currency and the debt they're holding over you with a jaundiced eye and they're not happy about that either.

Deaths Rising for Lack of Insurance, Study Finds - NYTimes.com

Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance | Reuters

New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage | Harvard Gazette
+1 ^This. Sorry I only could rep you once. Great Post !!!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Translation: "Now that my own source was used to make me eat my words, I must quickly deflect away from my shortcomings in a transpatent attempt to cover my ass."
Don't worry about shorebaby. But now that you have responded to him, he will chase your posts all day long. That's why I have him on ignore.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
I already listed the reasons you ****ing retard if you can't comprehend them by now you never will.

The US is already a highly educated country you moron we aren't exactly lacking college education in this country.
I have already reported you. I couldn't care less what you think. Your are nothing but dirt to me. You are one vile poster.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:09 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Here's a joke:
America, the self-proclaimed 'greatest nation on earth' is too stupid of what to do about 30 million uninsured people.
America would have problems trying to outsmart a hamster.
"Too stupid of what to do?"

Old 04-07-2012, 12:12 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
A friend of mine passed away recently...He used to say that health is the only real wealth...He sat on the board of a few major Canadian hospitals...had controlling shares in a few corporations...was a high end litigation lawyer and patron to medical research...When he died- he was in control of about 15..billion dollars.............YET...He mentioned under social medicine --with total enforced equality...his own dying mother had to lay in the hall way of the hospital because our system had surpassed it's ability to care for the sick..

This wise old man suggested that Canadian health care be privatized...eventually it will be...The man knew his stuff and was highly experienced...so...may as well enjoy public health care cos' it won't be here fore ever.
Well that story of yours smells - Any Canadian (or French, or German, or Swiss, or Japanese, or Englishman) is well within their rights to purchase and obtain supplemental health care... I find it hard to believe that a millionaire anywhere in the world can't get his own mother great health care... Which means the rest of your story is rather suspect.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:23 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
How many of those 30 million uninsured people can afford insurance but have chosen not to buy it?
That excuse has REALLY run its course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies