Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 12:57 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,778,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Where's the examples of "green" republicans, or the GOP presenting environmental legislation?

The false premise you are making is that it has to fit the agenda of environmentalists, for example the Republicans in my state control the legislature and the Governors mansion, they can pretty much do what they want. They passed new regualtions for the booming natural gas industry, of course they didn't go far enough for the environmentalists so they get to join the "Hates clean air and water" club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,458,542 times
god I hate the term "Green" anything. I prefer camo. I give a substantial amount of money every year to conservation groups and through funds which my hunting and fishing licenses go to. Get out of the city sometime and see some real green.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:08 AM

409 posts, read 253,000 times
most conservatives I know care about the environment more than any liberal hippie ******

Old 04-06-2012, 01:09 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,929,339 times
Welcome to Earth 2.0.

Which will soon start to look a lot like Mars, if Obama and the GOP get their way. I don't consider Obama pro-environment by any means. He's as pro-fracking, pro-drilling everywhere, pro keystone XL pipeline as anyone in the GOP. Don't be fooled by the PR. Obama has accepted campaign money from oil lobbyists as much as anyone in the GOP. Most progressives are still drunk on the Obama kool-aid to realize it.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 AM

744 posts, read 808,060 times
I'm not republican but I'm sorta conservative and I'm a member of the Audubon society

Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,514,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceInTheCrowd View Post
They're at least supposed to be monitoring corporate maleficence.
Not their fault that we have allowed the fox to guard the chicken coop, so to speak.
With Exxon board members revolving in and out of the EPA, etc etc etc.

Anyways, I ask because there are a few things I really side with conservatives about.
But environment is really a huge issue with me. And it seems like the hot rail issue for the Right.

So, I was hoping to get some good links and book suggestions are Green Republicans, or whatever.
I hate labels, but consider me a conservative that very much cares about the environment, wildlife and all the critters dependent upon this land. The liberals use these issues as platforms that sound good, but don't DO any good. The forest fires are an example, the people in Idaho that can't build on their lot, removal of dams that provide energy to millions, and irrigation for farms - to save the fish. We all want to save the fish, but liberals have to be willing to compromise and be reasonable. I just heard CA wants to raise taxes on smokes again. This state has spent way beyond it's means and keeps sqeezing the poor people to pay for their lack of fiscal responsiblity. Throwing away billions on green energy that amounts to 1% of our energy needs is STUPID. I want to stop the slaughter of horses, but sending them to other countries to be slaughtered is a STUPID solution, and adds to the suffering.
Liberals just carry things too far and always seem to have a hidden agenda, that is why we can't and don't trust you. Liberals seem to dream of utopia, but we conservatives are more grounded in reality. I think that is the main difference.
I would like to see us work together toward a kinder, more conscienscious way of living. That can happen thru education, not force.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:13 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,817,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Where's the examples of "green" republicans, or the GOP presenting environmental legislation?
You mean besides the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Restoration Act, The Wilderness Act, The Antiquities Act, The National Environmental Policy Act or The Alaska Lands Act?

Old 04-06-2012, 01:18 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,514,946 times
The very title of this thread is not reality-based.

Of course millions of us "care about the environment."

It is that most of we conservatives aren't brainwashed into screaming that the sky is falling. We have not been indoctrinated to hate mankind, blaming us all for what ails much of the earth. We are too wise to fall for the "Global Warming is a manmade disaster" crap.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:21 AM

744 posts, read 808,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
The very title of this thread is not reality-based.

Of course millions of us "care about the environment."

It is that most of we conservatives aren't brainwashed into screaming that the sky is falling. We have not been indoctrinated to hate mankind, blaming us all for what ails much of the earth. We are too wise to fall for the "Global Warming is a manmade disaster" crap.
U should patent your text color

Old 04-06-2012, 01:22 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,720,624 times
Well, there have been these guys since 1995 or so:

Republicans for Environmental Protection

...but they just announced a few days ago that they're rebranding (notably eliminating 'Republican' from their name, but the elephant stays):

ConservAmerica

They sound like a great organization, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I'm going to hazard a guess this is exactly why they dropped 'Republican' from their name.

http://www.rep.org/climate_faq.html (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies