Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
... most importantly the greedy GOP'ers that are hiring them.
Actually it's you the greedy consumer that is hiring them. If you walk into the supermarket and we have two identical tomatoes but one is cheaper which one are you going to buy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 11:11 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
why does there have to be links??
you got answers and you do not like any of them, typical
I too care about our planet, I just do not worship it
or call it "mother"
I recycle, I use green products for my business, I do not litter
I want clean water and air
I laugh when I hear obama say the right,
want to have dirty water, dirty air
we will not be able to forecast the weather,we want the elderly and the children to starve
and all of his other wacked out yammerings
good grief
They don't worship the Earth either.........they just use it to feel good. Bet most Liberals don't even recycle. I recycle everything and I have to haul that crap for miles to my closet recycling place. When I ask my Liberal clients if they would like me to recycle for them after cleaning their second home of 5000 sq ft and bigger, most find it a waste of time, and tell me NO!!!

Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Actually it's you the greedy consumer that is hiring them. If you walk into the supermarket and we have two identical tomatoes but one is cheaper which one are you going to buy?
Free medical, free education, free food, day care etc., etc, etc. Is it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand rights, privileges and entitlements?

Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases etc., etc, etc. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:17 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
lol you have the nerve to call others demagogues when you believe an invisible man in the sky watches over us? Right wingers are obviously gullible people with the intelligence of elementary school kids. Republicans do everything they can to destroy the environment to make a small few very rich like giving the oil companies carte blanche to offshore drill even in light of the BP disaster. Even though a lot of Dems are bought and paid for, I guarantee you electing a Republican president will always inevitably result in chaotic environmental damage.
Ok smart guy, please tell us what your solution is to move away from oil?

Thought so, you have none. Less pontificating and more thinking would do wonders for you and the other loony libs.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And you wonder why conservatives consider liberals crazy nutcases. Conservatives donate more to charities than liberals do, conservatives just resist/resent having government steal money from them and give it to people who don't deserve it. See unlike liberals who believe that government knows best, conservatives believe they know how best to spend their own money.
lol conservatives statistically donate more to charity because churches are considered a "charity". If you exclude donating money because they feel an invisible man will condemn them to eternal damnation, liberals are way more charitable in all regards. Remember it's CONSERVATIVES who oppose universal health care, welfare, social security, food stamps and the free lunch program I wish right wingers could at least be intellectually honest and admit they don't care how bad off others are but using "intellectual" and "conservative" in the same sentence is too far a stretch

Old 04-07-2012, 11:35 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It doesn't matter whether you feel it is a "cult" or not.

The money that the churches receive fund food banks, feed the elderly and do many other good things.

Are you seeing the point here? When government allows us to keep more of OUR money, WE get to choose where that money goes.
Money that goes to the Catholic churches pay pedophile priests' salaries. If you want to donate to food banks or other good causes, do that directly, don't give to some cult that pays demagogue preachers. People are generally selfish morons and that is why we need a welfare system in the first place, if people were all inherently good, we wouldn't need a government in the first place, we wouldn't need a police or law enforcement to keep people from doing bad things. Unlike you, I live in reality, not magical happy land and we need a government to help people because the most fortunate are often too greedy to do it themselves. How come if people are so nice and charitable, there are homeless people in America, answer that one genius

Old 04-07-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Remember it's CONSERVATIVES who oppose universal health care, welfare, social security, food stamps and the free lunch program
That may be true but the disconnect from reality comes with your next sentence:

Quote:
I wish right wingers could at least be intellectually honest and admit they don't care how bad off others are
This is completely false, the conservative point of view is to create an environment where people don't need to depend on the governments wasteful spending at the expense of productive people championed by the Democrats.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
How come if people are so nice and charitable, there are homeless people in America, answer that one genius
For starters I would suggest business's that are taxed to death can't employ these people in good jobs.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:53 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If you really think that the OWS people are asking for free stuff you`re truly clueless.
Really? Who's clueless? They want free college, just to name one thing. You haven't seen any of their signs? Guess you haven't been paying attention.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:30 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:

Remember it's CONSERVATIVES who oppose
universal health care: No they oppose the stuff that doesn't apply to health care at all in the Pelsoi bill. It's reform we need not more free stuff to people who pay nothing at ALL!!

welfare: We wouldn't need this if everyone worked and took care of their own needs and wants.

social security: See you support a ponzi scheme that pads the government pockets to rob it any time they feel the need. Read up on how President Clinton used it to clear debt, as I recall he is on the left. So can't see where you think the right is against social security.

food stamps: Another program that should only be temporarily used, this is not to be a life style of living.

free lunch program: Yeah, those parents need more money to buy drugs and cigarettes, sure wouldn't want them to do without their needs. Who in their right mind wouldn't do all they could to provide lunch for their child.

You and the left just want people to sit around and ask for every hand out and complain that the right is keeping them down. Try listening to Star Parker sometime and educate yourself on what it's like to rise above the Democrat/Welfare hold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies