Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Well i have walked a mile in those shoes, in fact a lot of miles. He assumes that if you aren't in the Navy, that you haven't served like him. Calling my service UnAmerican is where the Naivety comes about.
Navy boot camp is not the highest form of service, nor is it terribly difficult.

One's service in the modern American military hasn't preserved my Freedoms, it has eroded them.

Every immoral war we are thrust into, seems to take away my Freedom.

It's an old WWI / WWII argument, that military protects my Freedom's.

Before Iraq/Afghan... There was no UN Patriot Act, NO NDA Act, and the War power's Act was not under the control of Homeland Security Fascist's.

Did you do your job well protecting my Freedom's, no... they have been slowly , systematically absorbed into a warmongering nation of brainwashed Oo- rah.

All devised by the globalist, enforced and carried out by the CIA.

Are you awake?
I'm embarrassed for your naivety.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:10 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Well i have walked a mile in those shoes, in fact a lot of miles. He assumes that if you aren't in the Navy, that you haven't served like him. Calling my service UnAmerican is where the Naivety comes about.
Navy boot camp is not the highest form of service, nor is it terribly difficult.

One's service in the modern American military hasn't preserved my Freedoms, it has eroded them.

Every immoral war we are thrust into, seems to take away my Freedom.

It's an old WWI / WWII argument, that military protects my Freedom's.

Before Iraq/Afghan... There was no UN Patriot Act, NO NDA Act, and the War power's Act was not under the control of Homeland Security Fascist's.

Did you do your job well protecting my Freedom's, no... they have been slowly , systematically absorbed into a warmongering nation of brainwashed Oo- rah.

All devised by the globalist, enforced and carried out by the CIA.

Are you awake?
I am wide awake.

One question, what would happen if there was no American Military?

Old 04-08-2012, 11:17 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I am wide awake.

If the American Military wasn't controlled by greedy warmongers, and drawn into CIA operations.

Our "American" Military is meant to defend our land, and sometimes our Allies, as in WWII. Not invade others in order to exploit and meddle in their affairs, and resources. We are seen as the Aggressor, no Aggressor has the moral high ground. The returning Men primarily are morally confused, due to the lack of this moral authority.

Our lust for power and money (Petrodollars) has killed more than you can comprehend.

Questions for you.

What are we fighting for?

What if all those young men and women had their lives back, and they had families, and all their body parts?

We can do better. Just going along with corrupt world leaders has not proven to be wise, we have lost Freedom, and are becoming a police state, under the NEW safe and secure bs that is now law.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
If the American Military wasn't controlled by greedy warmongers, and drawn into CIA operations.

Our "American" Military is meant to defend our land, and sometimes our Allies, as in WWII. Not invade others in order to exploit and meddle in their affairs, and resources. We are seen as the Aggressor, no Aggressor has the moral high ground. The returning Men primarily are morally confused, due to the lack of this moral authority.

Our lust for power and money (Petrodollars) has killed more than you can comprehend.

Questions for you.

What are we fighting for?

What if all those young men and women had their lives back, and they had families, and all their body parts?

We can do better. Just going along with corrupt world leaders has not proven to be wise, we have lost Freedom, and are becoming a police state, under the NEW safe and secure bs that is now law.
I didn't ask you that, my question was very simple.....
Quote:
People in the military cannot control who provides the orders, and are required to follow orders, we don't have a say. We cannot say we will not go into iraq. All that whining about lust and power is meaningless to the American Military person.

We were fighting for, whatever we were told to.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I didn't ask you that, my question was very simple.....
People in the military cannot control who provides the orders, and are required to follow orders, we don't have a say. We cannot say we will not go into iraq. All that whining about lust and power is meaningless to the American Military person.

We were fighting for, whatever we were told to.
Your question is not valid. There is no answer that addresses the complexity of protecting a nation.

The Narrative should be. How do we utilize our military?

What justifies going to another country and imposing our will?

People in the military are obligated to uphold their oath. Anything less is weak, treasonous and a poor excuse for being under another's control.

He made me do it, is not the measure of a strong person, nor a honorable service person.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:16 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
He made me do it, is not the measure of a strong person, nor a honorable service person.
Right because YOU would know that right? You make me sick with your anti-American, pro-Terrorism banter.

You've never served so don't you dare make any attempts at labeling the life style of the military. You have no idea what those men and women go through on a daily basis so you can sit here and be an armchair general without having to fight the good fight yourself. Take advantage of your freedoms paid by their blood.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
which one? the suicidal trek down ambush alley, or sending the kid down the alley?

sending the kid down the alley is illegal for us too. but going down that alley yourself is sometimes necessary. in those situations, you suck it up and do it. you did sign up willingly for it after all.

what i said above notwithstanding, there is some precedent for refusing stupid orders, whether they are illegal or not, and [s]pretty often[/s] occasionally, the officer or NCO that gave the stupid order is the one that gets in trouble, even if his troops were flagrantly disrespectful.

doesn't happen often, but i have seen it, especially when obeying the stupid order would end up negligently causing blue on blue casualties, get civilian allies hurt, expose your unit unnecessarily to the enemy, etc.

what it comes down to, at least in the combat environment, is that you are supposed to use your brain and accomplish the mission, normally with as few casualties as possible. i know that this goes against what some civilians think about military personnel, that they are brainwashed, broken, dispirited yes-men, but you are supposed to think quickly and effectively, and make split-second decisions in a way that saves lives and meets your objective.

that means that if you have to completely ignore your platoon commander's suicidal orders because there is a viable alternative that would get you all home in one piece and still accomplish the mission without problems, you do it. that officer can go complain to higher if he wants, but if he knows what's good for him, he'll accept the alternative route and learn something in the process.
That Commonwealth humour went straight past you.
Wander down an alley knowing an ambush was waiting, nope, an alley means buildings both sides so one would mousehole through the buildings.
Built up combat 101.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:10 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You do realize the UCMJ requires service members to disobey all illegal orders, right?

Quote:
He assumes that if you aren't in the Navy, that you haven't served like him.

Calling my service UnAmerican is where the Naivety comes about.

+1

Old 04-08-2012, 09:10 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
The fight will continue. We are in a new era of expression on the net, so it's time to update the rules.

Quote:
“We’re in a new world, and the military has to adapt to it,” Korb said. “Previously if you said something like that, people would just tell you to shut up.”

“The military is not immune or exempt from the First Amendment,” Loy said. “We know the First Amendment standards are different in the military, but nonetheless we still think all service members have the right to engage in core political speech as long as it’s clear they’re not doing so on behalf of the government or the military.”
Stein wrote on his Facebook page Friday: “On to the next fight.”

But Stein and his attorneys argue that he should not be punished under the military directive for political speech, and his lawsuit says it is vague, overbroad and “unconstitutionally restricts core political speech.”

One of the issues in the case is whether Stein is acting as a representative of the Marines on his Facebook page, or if he’s a private citizen.
While Stein’s Armed Forces Tea Party page clearly includes a military presence, Stein added a disclaimer on his page after it was first flagged by his superiors in 2010, which says: “We do not represent, and are in no way affiliated with the military, or United States Armed Forces.”
Case of Obama-bashing Marine renews debate over First Amendment rights - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

Old 04-08-2012, 09:36 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The fight will continue. We are in a new era of expression on the net, so it's time to update the rules.
It isn't about the medium of expression, it is about the message. US Constitution article I, Section 8 provided that Congress the power to regulate the land and naval forces, and they did so in 1950 with Uniform Code of Military Justice. The UCMJ forbids the political actions this tool is engaging in, it is spelled out clear as day.

As others have pointed out before, it is quite telling how often the posters who claim to champion the constitution and so often refer to it as the basis of any and all arguments are so willing to cast it aside if it is inconvenient to their viewpoint. If this argument were going the opposite direction there is little doubt you'd be screaming OMG what about the constitution, but nope now you've taken the "time to change things" angle. How convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies