Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 05:33 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
The majority of those are support this 'marine' are armchair generals and have no idea what they are talking about. The military is a completely different lifestyle and beast altogether.

These 'patriots' and so-called 'true Americans' all rally and cry from their Lay-Z-boy chairs and don't have the testicular fortitude or type of character needed to serve. It's sickening that they support this type of insubordination.

I said it before - anyone who supports this type of behavior also supports Terrorism. Congratulations you unAmerican rejects.
Yes, let's talk about supporting terrorists, shall we? Look to your leaders Obama and Clinton. wise up
Beliefnet Voices - Donna Calvin - Watchwoman on the Wall

Screw Democracy!… Obama Administration Will Give Muslim Brotherhood $1.5 Billion in US Aid | The Gateway Pundit

Somebody needs to report Obama for material support of terrorism. He chose to give aid and comfort to the rebels in Libya, al-Qaeda, and is working with Mulim Brotherhood and whoever in Syria. We know he is behind the scenes supporting terrorism in Iran, such as the bombing of their scientists.

Any Marine worth his pay should be willing to refuse an illegal order, particularly from this administration that is outwardly hostile to the interests of the American people.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:39 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yes, let's talk about supporting terrorists, shall we? Look to your leaders Obama and Clinton. wise up
Biased reporting from a biased site. Wise up.

Quote:
Somebody needs to report Obama for material support of terrorism. He chose to give aid and comfort to the rebels in Libya, al-Qaeda, and is working with Mulim Brotherhood and whoever in Syria. We know he is behind the scenes supporting terrorism in Iran, such as the bombing of their scientists.
If this is true (which it's not) he would have been reported already. Prepare to enjoy another 4 years of Obama, you UnAmerican.

Quote:
Any Marine worth his pay should be willing to refuse an illegal order, particularly from this administration that is outwardly hostile to the interests of the American people.
That's just it. YOU don't know what makes an order illegal or unlawful! You're just spouting hot steam and assuming you know what you're talking about when you don't!

You've never served so don't you dare make any attempts at labeling the life style of the military. You have no idea what those men and women go through on a daily basis so you can sit here and be an armchair general without having to fight the good fight yourself. Take advantage of your freedoms paid by their blood.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:47 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Beliefnet Voices - Donna Calvin - Watchwoman on the Wall

Screw Democracy!… Obama Administration Will Give Muslim Brotherhood $1.5 Billion in US Aid | The Gateway Pundit

Ex Marine infantry are you ?
So any US Marine at any time should have the right to refuse an order even if it puts other Marines at risk ?
You will find that those of us who did a lot of humping would be in a mind to blow away any sod who would put his Platoon at risk.
Welcome to reality.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:07 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Ex Marine infantry are you ?
So any US Marine at any time should have the right to refuse an order even if it puts other Marines at risk ?
You will find that those of us who did a lot of humping would be in a mind to blow away any sod who would put his Platoon at risk.
Welcome to reality.
Not if it's a legal order.

Scenario, your Lieutenant or Platoon Sergeant orders you to go in to a school in Afghanistan, and kill everyone. Men, Women and Children.

What says NZ Rugby?

F- off

Or Yes Sir.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:58 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post

Scenario, your Lieutenant or Platoon Sergeant orders you to go in to a school in Afghanistan, and kill everyone. Men, Women and Children.

What says NZ Rugby?

F- off

Or Yes Sir.
Illegal order, but you are suggesting that all orders by the Obama admin. are illegal and that any new grunt with a high school education should have the absolute right to refuse any orders coming down the chain if it interferes with his social life.
That Marine is lucky he is in the US Marines, a Royal Marine making those comments in public about his head of state would be straight into the glass house.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post

What says NZ Rugby?

F- off

Or Yes Sir.
Nice try, but you fail. Again. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

First off, in today's military that'll never happen.

Secondly, that 'scenario' will never happen and no amount of your unAmerican posturing behind a keyboard is going to change that.

Must be nice to be an armchair general, huh? Yeah you sit there you unAmerican, terrorist supporter and be a fair-weather patriot.

You've never served so don't you dare make any attempts at labeling the life style of the military. You have no idea what those men and women go through on a daily basis so you can sit here and be an armchair general without having to fight the good fight yourself. Take advantage of your freedoms paid by their blood.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Who the hell are you to tell me MY 4 years in my Beloved United States Marine Corps didn't happen seaman?!

You can back the hell off of that crap son.

Not only do I fully understand serving active duty, I also fully understand the position of militay families who are left behind while their Marine/soldier/airman/SQUID are away.

And since I have served, I can speak about it, and it IS indentured servitude. Tough if you don't like it.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:41 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
and for crying out loud, the one that you just tried to censor has a handle called "cav scout wife." take twenty seconds to try and figure out what that means before deciding that she doesn't rate an opinion about military matters.
Thanks!

And for those that DON'T know, that means my husband was a 19D in the Army, otherwise known as a Cavalry Scout.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post

Since I have served, I can speak about it, and it IS indentured servitude. Tough if you don't like it.
No it's not. That's just your opinion, nothing more. You have no evidence/proof/statistics to back up your claim. Must be nice to have that security blanket called an opinion protecting you from being wrong.

Who am I to tell you anything? I'm a US Navy Veteran, that's who.

Seaman? Please. I was ranked Petty Officer before I got out. Nice assumption, by the way. Shows your true colors.

You don't know what true military life is like. You had it easy and sheltered. What a waste of a career you had.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Strange, I never in my military time heard much about rights, heard a lot about duty but nothing about rights.
Marines should have the right to question legal orders ? interesting, the order is charge to break an L ambush but Marine grunts should have the right to question the order ?

Those who say the Marine did the right thing are not those I would have in my section.

While in the Coast Guard, on the Cutter Hamilton, it was my job to question the orders that put my men in harms way, where safety was a big concern and if protocol was not followed, it could cost lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies