U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 AM

21,027 posts, read 9,716,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
He will be, all that idiots need is lip-service anyway. Their comprehension of practical situation leaves a lot to be desired.

Idiots?

Lip service?

After Obama has reneged on countless campaign promises and still enjoys support from the Democratic base, do you really want to go there?

Old 04-08-2012, 11:15 AM

21,027 posts, read 9,716,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sez you. Like it nor not, he is the CIC. Most of us think he's done a pretty good job of it, too.
Who's "us" and what specifically is so good about it?

Old 04-08-2012, 11:24 AM

20,897 posts, read 6,448,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
While in the Coast Guard, on the Cutter Hamilton, it was my job to question the orders that put my men in harms way, where safety was a big concern and if protocol was not followed, it could cost lives.
How wonderful.

It has nothing to do with this thread, what this soon to be ex-marine did, or why he is being justifiably booted from the service.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Interesting statement about foreign troops on US soil, should we allow US Marines to use our soil/airspace to get to the US Embassy in our country ?
Not just embassies.

When I was Corps G3 (Training) for the XVIII Abn Corps, one of my jobs was to arrange training visits to Ft. Bragg for entire companies of Australian, British, Canadian and German soldiers.

The Oath Keepers are stupid.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You do realize the UCMJ requires service members to disobey all illegal orders, right?
Insert "Duh" here.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:41 AM

3,687 posts, read 7,602,983 times
When you join the military you know up front your political beliefs cannot interfere with your job. Your oath is to the nation not a political party. This guy threw away his military career because he refused to accept this basic understanding. His stupidity cost him a career and he has no one to blame but himself.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:44 AM

4,315 posts, read 1,200,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
When you join the military you know up front your political beliefs cannot interfere with your job. Your oath is to the nation not a political party. This guy threw away his military career because he refused to accept this basic understanding. His stupidity cost him a career and he has no one to blame but himself.
Exactly.

Non-military members don't understand that not all rights granted to being an American come with you when going through the whole military deal. As was mentioned before - some rights are traded in to get immeasurable power and responsibility in defending this nation.

Leave to people who support Terrorism and who are anti-American to forget about that.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:45 AM

3,335 posts, read 1,328,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I don't think he's crying over his career. He is now known to millions of people.
Hopefully he'll use this recognition to further the adherence to the Constitution and the boundaries of overreaching gov't employees.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:53 AM

6,327 posts, read 2,067,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Can you be anymore condescending and arrogant?

You think if someone hasn't walked your path, they can't see what the path is?

It's not nuclear fission technology.

Why didn't you re enlist, if your service is so critical to my freedom?

I'm embarrassed for your naivety.
Personally, if you haven't walked a mile in someone's shoes, how can you see from their perspective?

I understand nuclear fission technology, and used to wear dosimetry to measure my exposure, but still would never claim to understand your path, not having walked it.

I would have kept re-enlisting, had I the chance, however after being permanently injured, I was not afforded the pleasure. Without knowing why HE didn't re-enlist, making snide comments about it is just being mean spirited.

As for our service being critical to your freedom, our service, and the service of each and every service member before us, was, and is, critical to your freedom. If you can't understand that, and why, then I feel sorry for you.

To quote you, I'm embarrassed for your naivety.

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America for an amount of ‘up to and including my life.’

Old 04-08-2012, 12:00 PM

3,335 posts, read 1,328,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Personally, if you haven't walked a mile in someone's shoes, how can you see from their perspective?

I understand nuclear fission technology, and used to wear dosimetry to measure my exposure, but still would never claim to understand your path, not having walked it.

I would have kept re-enlisting, had I the chance, however after being permanently injured, I was not afforded the pleasure. Without knowing why HE didn't re-enlist, making snide comments about it is just being mean spirited.

As for our service being critical to your freedom, our service, and the service of each and every service member before us, was, and is, critical to your freedom. If you can't understand that, and why, then I feel sorry for you.

To quote you, I'm embarrassed for your naivety.
Well i have walked a mile in those shoes, in fact a lot of miles. He assumes that if you aren't in the Navy, that you haven't served like him. Calling my service UnAmerican is where the Naivety comes about.
Navy boot camp is not the highest form of service, nor is it terribly difficult.

One's service in the modern American military hasn't preserved my Freedoms, it has eroded them.

Every immoral war we are thrust into, seems to take away my Freedom.

It's an old WWI / WWII argument, that military protects my Freedom's.

Before Iraq/Afghan... There was no UN Patriot Act, NO NDA Act, and the War power's Act was not under the control of Homeland Security Fascist's.

Did you do your job well protecting my Freedom's, no... they have been slowly , systematically absorbed into a warmongering nation of brainwashed Oo- rah.

All devised by the globalist, enforced and carried out by the CIA.

Are you awake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.