U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 03:27 PM

10,032 posts, read 7,107,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is NOT our fault don't know the difference between getting a service you paid for and getting handouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Don't count on liberals to make that distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I bet some of those jerks made a claim to their auto insurer after an accident too! The unmitigated gall!
Bringing troll thread to a crashing halt.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 03:30 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,830,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Guess its just some they dont want to get benies
Tea Party
Pretty much the teagenerates.

Pretty much the same fundamental driver. And it is here to stay for a while.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:03 PM

14,810 posts, read 13,970,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Racism much? Why the need to mention race? If you think they are the only members of the Tea Party then you aren't dealing in reality.
I know that. That was a tongue-in-cheek statement that has been played ragged by the lefties here--that the Tea Party consists of "old, white Republicans". I'm well aware that there are many Tea Party supporters who are not "old, white Republicans".

Old 04-06-2012, 04:05 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,133,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So you stop taking the money once you reached your contributions plus expected interest?

Do you shred the checks (that would keep coming otherwise) and say goodbye to your family when the last penny is accounted for?

Should people look at their fund and say to themselves "I put in X amount of money at y interest and that balance would now be zero. I may be 80 and my doc said I am in good enough health to live another 10 years, but I'll stop cashing the checks so I can slowly go bankrupt and starve to death while ignoring my health care."

Ayn Rand couldn't do it, and she was one of the most outspoken advocates against them. She consumed huge amounts of money for her lung cancer at the least.
I don't know how to not cash my SS checks since these days they have to be deposited in my account at the bank electronically. How do I do that little trick? You seem to know very little about Social Security but love to whine about it.

Of course, you don't know how much interest my SS payments over the past 67 years would have drawn, do you. The Congress spent all of it the past 60 or so years.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The GOP says it is, along with a ponzi scheme.
Who was it that created that so-called ponzi scheme? It must have been some really terrible Republican, I guess.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Also explains why 70% don't support any changes to social security or medicare.

We can balance the budget with minimal changes to either of those programs, and significant cuts in our bloated military spending, while raising taxes slightly on each individual, more on the rich seeing as they've gotten more tax breaks over the last 10 years then any other group.
Hey, you would be one to ask this question of. What happens to all the Medicare money that has been taken out in the past year and will continue to come out at $50 billion per year if Obamacare is declared unconstitutional? Surely you know that one. I don't but do wonder what happens to that money that has been take out, already.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:09 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,501,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I know that. That was a tongue-in-cheek statement that has been played ragged by the lefties here--that the Tea Party consists of "old, white Republicans". I'm well aware that there are many Tea Party supporters who are not "old, white Republicans".
My apologies then. I didn't know it was sarcasm.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:10 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,311,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is NOT our fault don't know the difference between getting a service you paid for and getting handouts.

Yeah..it's NEVER about medicaid and welfare.
SS/medicare...programs that citizens paid into and are now getting back.

Got to love it..the rant is on the WRONG programs here by the OP.

6,754 posts, read 3,390,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
SS is a ponzi scheme but it's not a welfare program, get your lies straight.
It's absolutely welfare. You aren't getting back your money. You're just getting money someone who's working agrees to pay so that you can keep getting $X.

If SS isn't welfare, then welfare isn't welfare if you've ever worked and had state/fed taxes w/h.

4,043 posts, read 2,994,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Guess its just some they dont want to get benies
Tea Party

I'm sitting here and grinning at the title of this thread, but not in a condescending way. This title may be true for Florida, but is not true for the nation and we have a lot of Tea Parties at the local levels, all over this land.

Florida is known for having more retirees than some other states. Heck, it's cliche-like about that state because of the common knowledge of it all of my adult life.

Nine out of ten, nationally? Nope....

The Tea Party continues to fight this "entitlement mentality" that is a cancer on our nation, and rightly so.

These pictures here are symbolic of a typical Tea Party crowd, but maybe in FL., they show a group that's a bit different.

I Am America - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies