Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 03:33 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Politics need to stay out of the class rooms of chlidren. Next time it might be some rwnj doing it.
If you pay attention to the stories of public school teachers attempting to indoctrinate students, it's always liberals saying negative things about conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 04:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Well, Priests on the other hand .... Errr... Hmmmm.
Is that public school and is that about politics ?
Total deflection FB..total deflection.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:31 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
If you pay attention to the stories of public school teachers attempting to indoctrinate students, it's always liberals saying negative things about conservatives.
You nailed this one.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 04-06-2012 at 05:10 PM..

Old 04-06-2012, 04:43 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Is that public school and is that about politics ?
Total deflection FB..total deflection.
No, but it's about indoctrinating malleable minds.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:47 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Report: VA Teacher Kristin Martin Said ‘Republicans Are Stupid’ | TheBlaze.com

This is not okay. Teachers should teach you how to think not what to think, and this goes for conservatives too. These poor kids, should they go to college, will have to deal with people like this (and on the opposing side) every day; people trying to tell them how wrong they are just based on their beliefs. Can't we at least leave them alone in grade school?
Good find, OP!

Were that teacher allowed to have influence over one of my children, we'd be having a meeting and I would be doing most of the talking.

This type of brainwashing, actually it's Social Engineering by the left's teachers is not tolerable. It is yet another reason that Homeschooling has been such a growing trend.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I'm betting your tune would change if the teacher told the kids liberals are evil or gays are disgusting.
It wouldn't at all with me. In fact I thnik this just stinks of indocrination like Hitler and stalin practiced. In fact one has to wander if this teaher isn't too greedy and stupid to be teaching i the first place. Perhaps it true that those that can do and those that can't teach by this example.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Well, Priests on the other hand .... Errr... Hmmmm.
Priest do not get taxpayer support and of course its insisted that the chruch and state be separate.Now perhaps the schools and state should separate if people insist on this as being justified. Let the schools be funded by people donations who support it;perhaps.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
I definitely do think there's a lot of "social engineering" going on in schools. I noticed more in urban areas than rural though.

I never and I mean NEVER talk religion or politics at school but I sure do get an earful from others that work in the system.

Now when I worked in the corporate world we'd talk about politics and religion plenty and had some lively debates over lunch. But we were all adults and knew better and respected each others differences. Schools are not like that...not one bit.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
It wouldn't at all with me. In fact I thnik this just stinks of indocrination like Hitler and stalin practiced. In fact one has to wander if this teaher isn't too greedy and stupid to be teaching i the first place. Perhaps it true that those that can do and those that can't teach by this example.
Godwins law

Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
When it comes to politics and making comments about who they are for, I think teachers should just ****. I mean, I think political discussion is great. I think what this teacher did is just unprofessional.

My son, by our choice, has been in a private school since 4th grade. We have always been fairly "apolitical" at home. We never really discussed who we liked, voted for etc. with the kids.

In 2008, when Obama was running, his very "conservative" school started Obama bashing. Horribly. Now, my son, who had no interest at all in politics, was all of a sudden very interested. Proudly for me, he is not a sheep. He realized that, while he didn't know a darn thing about Obama or McCain, he could tell, as an 8th grader, that there was somethng amiss in the tactics and words of the staff.

They started having political debates in school and he would just debate for the sake of debating and pick apart opinions based on facts. He somehow became this huge liberal!!!!! I swear they drove him to it.

So, he was pretty public about it and the schools VP actually brought him into his office and asked my son why he was "for" Obama. Kids on the playground called my son a "babykiller." He took it all quite well and, well, I was furious. But I let it ride. First, because, I *chose* to send my kid there and despite all that crap, the rest of the school was exactly what we needed. But man.

Teachers just need to cool it. The classroom is not the stage for their political greivances.
We are on different sides of the political fence
but I agree with your post completely.

Politics of any kind have no place in schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies