Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 12:59 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times

Advertisements

All racism is bad. But for reasons no one has ever defined, conservative racism is the only form of racism that disgusts people.

Liberal racism is A-OK because...well, gee, I don't know why...

Liberal racism - HUMAN EVENTS

Quote:
Two remarkable examples of racist behavior from prominent liberals are in the news today. First up, the Daily Caller has video of actor Tom Hanks and Eagles musician Glenn Frey cavorting on stage with a white investment banker who was wearing blackface, a leopard-print toga, an armband made of animal teeth, and a huge Afro wig.
Among other “jokes,” Frey remarks that the school where the fundraiser was hosted – St. Matthew’s Parish School in Pacific Palisades, California – is “so conservative” that the blackface actor “was almost not allowed in.” Because it’s funny when liberals stand next to an absurd racist caricature and imply that other people are racists!
Robert De Niro on White First Ladies and Liberal “Racism”

Quote:
Continuing our Racist Run this week, we have an interesting apology (of sorts) regarding some racist remarks made by actor Robert De Niro at a fundraiser for Obama. He said:
Callista Gingrich. Karen Santorum. Ann Romney. Now do you really think our country is ready for a white first lady? Too soon, right?
The Liberal crowd of Obamabots cheered.
Not missing a beat, Newt Gingrich jumped on the remarks and said:
I do want to say one thing, both on behalf of my wife and on behalf of Karen Santorum and on behalf of Ann Romney, I think that Robert De Niro’s wrong. I think the country is ready for a new first lady and he doesn’t have to describe it in racial terms.
Rick Santorum echoed similar feelings.
All of this is sadly predictable. Michelle Obama had somebody from her office condemn the remarks, which is nice, but the really interesting point here is how Robert De Niro phrased his apology:
My remarks, although spoken with satirical jest, were not meant to offend or embarrass anyone — especially the first lady.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:03 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Robert DeNiro made a "joke". You think that's racism? Some may call it tasteless humor, but I'd hardly classify it as racism.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:05 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Robert DeNiro made a "joke". You think that's racism? Some may call it tasteless humor, but I'd hardly classify it as racism.
When a liberal says it, its a joke.

When a conservative says it, its racism.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:05 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
All racism is bad. But for reasons no one has ever defined, conservative racism is the only form of racism that disgusts people.

Liberal racism is A-OK because...well, gee, I don't know why...

Liberal racism - HUMAN EVENTS

Robert De Niro on White First Ladies and Liberal “Racism”
The difference is that if a Liberal crosses the line, they apologize w/o waiting for petitions to be signed and sponsors to pull out. Liberals actually make an effort to understand people different than themselves. It allows them to say "even if I thought it would be funny and inoffensive, I can see how and why some people were offended."

Republicans laugh off their flubs and either deny it was a flub ("I said Bluh-- people, not Black people") or cry about the insulted being oversensitive, or the media for trying to paint them as racist. I can't remember the last time a Republican owned up to a slip w/o significant pressure from the public.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
What Robert DeNiro said was not "racism" at all, it was a joke and I don't even see how you can see that as an example of racism.

The Tom Hanks thing is racist to me but I am an independent and I know that both liberals and conservatives can be racist. It doesn't matter what your political philosophy is in regards to one's portray of stereotypical or racist images.

Wanted to note though that it is always interesting to me that many conservatives play this game of "liberals are racists too." It is quite funny to me. But I also want to note to those conservatives who are concerned about looking racists, stop saying and doing racist things and then saying that it wasn't racists. Many liberal when they say dumb racists things, they apologize immediately and profusely and I do feel that that is why many don't see them as racists as conservatives.

(There was a lot of racists in the above paragraph LOL).

Old 04-06-2012, 01:08 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The difference is that if a Liberal crosses the line, they apologize w/o waiting for petitions to be signed and sponsors to pull out. Liberals actually make an effort to understand people different than themselves. It allows them to say "even if I thought it would be funny and inoffensive, I can see how and why some people were offended."

Republicans laugh off their flubs and either deny it was a flub ("I said Bluh-- people, not Black people") or cry about the insulted being oversensitive, or the media for trying to paint them as racist. I can't remember the last time a Republican owned up to a slip w/o significant pressure from the public.

Wow, then where is Bill Meher (how ever you spell is last name) apology?

Oh, that's right, he gave obama 1 million $$$ so it's o.k.....

Old 04-06-2012, 01:11 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,278,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
When a liberal says it, its a joke.

When a conservative says it, its racism.

Do you like black people?

Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Wow, then where is Bill Meher (how ever you spell is last name) apology?

Oh, that's right, he gave obama 1 million $$$ so it's o.k.....
What was his racist comment?

Where's this Republican (Pete Hoekstra ) candidate's apology?

Pete Hoekstra Racist Ad During Super Bowl - YouTube

Nevermind. Found it:

Quote:
"The ad is only insensitive to Debbie Stabenow and her spending," Hoekstra said, adding that "it doesn't criticize the Chinese at all."

Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times

Santorum calls Obama a ***** - YouTube

This is really quite an almost Freudian slip.

Tell us how you really feel Santorum.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:13 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Its very simple, republicans are seen as looking for rich white guys who try to keep minorities down on their luck. Liberals are seen as looking out for minorities and women. That is the perception that conservatives have created and have not done a great of changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies