U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 06:39 PM

17,553 posts, read 19,712,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What has Obama shown himself incapable of handling?
Are you kidding me? Where were you in the last 4 years... The Debt Ceiling, the budget, Healthcare reform, Guantanamo, Net Neutrality... and all that right off from what I can remember...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 06:44 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,188,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Are you kidding me? Where were you in the last 4 years... The Debt Ceiling, the budget, Healthcare reform, Guantanamo, Net Neutrality... and all that right off from what I can remember...
He has done a fine job.

Every President has raised the debt ceiling. There are a lot of aspects to healthcare reform people like. He has created jobs and ahs the economy moving (something you failed to address, only the #1 concern of voters). He killed bin Laden and 22 of the top 30 al Qaeda. No al Qaeda terrorist attacks in the US under his watch. Bush put him in the position of having to spend to save the economy from disaster. Next???

Old 04-06-2012, 06:53 PM

30,391 posts, read 20,035,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
There is a constitutional argument to be made for an individual mandate. I hope that argument fails, but to suggest he is an idiot for trying is ignoring the very real possibility that its close to be constitutional under the interpreted view of the constitution we've followed for the last 200 years.

The Constitution is written in plain language so that any literate person can understand it.

There is nothing to interpret except distortions of what is otherwise clear from the text.

The enumerated powers are enumerated because they are limited powers and intended to limit what the federal government does.

The states may require men to serve in the militias and Congress may make rules concerning military service such that equipment must be purchased by the militia member for that purpose, but no other authority exists by which Congress may compel a citizen to purchase anything.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:56 PM

434 posts, read 583,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
President Romney will be a president that has had success in the financial community, working in the private sector for 25 years. He ran the Olympics and has had experience being a Governor. Obama's experience of being a community organizer, professor and one term senator before being president is pathetic compared to Romney's real world experience.
Obama will have almost 4 years experience being president of the United States when the 2012 elections occur, so that trumps the experience of all the Republican candidates. So, if you want to promote the most experienced candidate, than clearly Obama should be your candidate.

And what exactly is this "real world" experience? How "real" is Romney with his millions? A better question is how can Romney relate to the average American. Obama's mother died of cancer, in part because she couldn't afford appropriate medical care. I bet if a member of Romney's immediate family had cancer, medical affordability and accessibility wouldn't be an issue.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:56 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,688,108 times
I thnik perhaps that nay presdient that would tel us the truth and not mkae promises thru rethoric would have half the nation depressed .I thnik that most do not realise we are i for alog nhard haul with mnay conbsequences that will make peopel wandewr how the heck we ever thoguht we could spend at those rates.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik perhaps that nay presdient that would tel us the truth and not mkae promises thru rethoric would have half the nation depressed .I thnik that most do not realise we are i for alog nhard haul with mnay conbsequences that will make peopel wandewr how the heck we ever thoguht we could spend at those rates.
In the past, there were such things as realistic Republicans who knew when to raise taxes (Reagan). Now, it's like the credit card is so maxed out, no one person is to blame, so the prevailing attitide seems to be "run it up some more and make promises to people" while ignoring the consequences. Unsustainable.

5,915 posts, read 4,161,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
He has done a fine job.

Every President has raised the debt ceiling. There are a lot of aspects to healthcare reform people like. He has created jobs and ahs the economy moving (something you failed to address, only the #1 concern of voters). He killed bin Laden and 22 of the top 30 al Qaeda. No al Qaeda terrorist attacks in the US under his watch. Bush put him in the position of having to spend to save the economy from disaster. Next???
Don't forget that Bush put him in the position of having to kill bin Laden.

6,074 posts, read 5,318,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
............Obama's mother died of cancer, in part because she couldn't afford appropriate medical care.
Wrong, flat-out wrong. Obama has spun distortions on this topic, which have been debunked and earned him some Pinocchio awards.

If the President had owned a business, run a business, worked in a business, or ever had a paper route, he might not exhibit such an alarming lack of understanding about how the $15 trillion American economy works.

He will have four years building straw men, making flowery speeches, and accomplishing everything that any empty suit could do.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Don't forget that Bush put him in the position of having to kill bin Laden.
That guy that Bush "didn't worry much about"??

Old 04-06-2012, 07:10 PM

17,553 posts, read 19,712,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
He has done a fine job.

Now I get it... you attribute failure as success... every president who has raised the debt ceiling is due to failure to control their spending... there are alot of bad aspects to it is as well = failure... the didn't "create jobs"... unemployment is still 8.2%, the employment rate has gone DOWN, what jobs? Bush's fault again really? His failure is Bush's fault? That's like someone blaming Bill Clinton for Bush's failure... get over it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies