Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 07:10 PM

867 posts, read 498,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What has Obama shown himself incapable of handling?
Ill State Senator, US State Senator, President, Honest Citizen, Productive Member of Society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 07:12 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
You're high of you think this country will elect a Mormon robot with offshore accounts in the Caymans.
May I ask precisely what his religion has to do with his ability to lead the country? Or are you just bigoted on general principle?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:12 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
Ill State Senator, US State Senator, President, Honest Citizen, Productive Member of Society.
Graduate of the most prestigious university in the country...

Old 04-06-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpur View Post
may i ask precisely what his religion has to do with his ability to lead the country? Or are you just bigoted on general principle?
if...you...think...this...country...will...elect.. .a...mormon...with...offshore...accounts...you...a re...deluding...yourself...

Now read it again.

Once more.

I didn't say I was bigoted, Brainiac. You and I both know that many people don't trust Mormons' wacky beliefs and a President in magic underwear (with a Presidential Seal).

Old 04-06-2012, 07:17 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
That guy that Bush "didn't worry much about"??
Yeah, that guy Bush who "tortured" terrorists to track down bin Laden.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
really? So you honestly gave obama a fair shot when he was first elected, just like congressional republicans?
i was sick when he was elected, but if he delivered i would have been happy. I was sick when cuomo was elected too, but he has done a fairly good job. When obama started all the "back of the bus" talk, and apologizing for america talk, he lost me.
Geeze how long were sick? Were you sick for his whole first year? How long did you give him a chance?

Quote:
so would you characterize the current republican party as one that is compromising?
the republicans were willing to put a tax increase in when the grand compromise was being discussed, but the democrats had all the power and would not accept. Now the republicans are in a prevent defense, after being humiliated for obama's first two years. Is there not one of the 30 job creating bills that the house passed even worth voting on in the senate?
I'll just have agree to disagree, because I would certainly characterize the Republicans as being very obstructionist when it came to the whole grand compromise.

Quote:
1.) we are in bankruptcy? heading towards it. There is no balanced budget even being considered with obama's budget, not even 20 years out!
Why do we need a balanced budget? We certainly need to reign in our spending and debt, but a balanced budget? Debt isn't always a bad thing.

Quote:
2.) so removing obamacare and regulations is going to increase the demand? employers won't hire with the increased employee expense. More employment increases demand. Entrepreneurs are holding back new businesses due to the cost of burdensome regulation. New businesses create jobs which increase demand.
No there has to be a demand for a product or service and getting rid of obamacare won't create that demand. American consumer demand is still down (relatively) as American personal debt is still relatively high and unemployment still isn't where it should be. Getting rid of regulations isn't going to take care of debt and unemployment like you imagine.

Quote:
3.) well if a few energy companies acted more safely and didn't unleash the worst environmental disaster in the gulf of mexico then all the o&g companies wouldn't have gotten spanked. You remember the coasts were about to be approved by obama to allow exploration.
And well to the coal companies (while i don't agree with all the regulations), subsidizing pollution is never smart. coal can be made to burn safely. Other countries are continuing to drill in the gulf unabated and they have less concern about out coasts than our oil companies do.
Yes the gulf of mexico allows international drilling. Yes coal can be made to burn safety but it increases the cost. Coal would be a perfect power source if you subsidize pollution.

Quote:
4.) you do realize the tax breaks and credits and general tilt of our tax system to favor the wealthy negates that high corporate tax? the republicans want to eliminate those write offs, create lower rates with the same amount of revenue. It would streamline tax prep and help business to grow. (my tax return was 60 pages and i'm middle class)
I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote:
5.) well the system is setup and run by the wealthy and corporations so the class warfare will always continue. i don't have anything against the wealthy. I aspire to get there some day. I'm running out of time though. Lol
Quote:
I generally don't have anything against wealthy. But just understand that most of America's problems are due to the very wealthy and powerful scrambling and fighting amongst themselves over more control and more money.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Yeah, that guy who "tortured" terrorists to track down bin Laden.
Lot of good that did.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:21 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Lot of good that did.
Bin Laden dead thanks to Bush.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:05 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
You are confusing the powers of a state gov't with those of the federal gov't. It is perfectly acceptable for a state to offer healthcare (Romney-care), but NOT at the state level. For assistance, consult Amendment X, USC.
I confused nothing, thank you. I did not address Romneycare.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Too late for April Fool's. Sorry, I don't drink kool-aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies