U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,271,853 times
Reputation: 936

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Proves my point.
Actually no what you said was...

Quote:
The officer in the video was reprimanded for his behavior. Obviously his OWN police department didn't believe he handled things in the correct way.
That being a very unlikely case or he would've been suspended without pay. It was done to get people to forget about the incident nothing more nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,159,110 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Considering the number of people around here who go on ad infinitum about how corporations control the country, the government no longer answers to the people etc, one would think y'all would be flocking to sign up with a group who vows to break that corporate stranglehold on our country.

I guess if the RNC was putting this together or Obama's name wasn't involved, it would be different, huh?
Check out this list of supporters of this year's activity and then suggest that those who really love this country side with the Occupiers.

Surely you read the OP for this thread before throwing in you two bits worth.

http://civic.moveon.org/event/events...d=268&rc=99RTD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:45 PM
 
4,260 posts, read 2,968,913 times
Reputation: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So do you want all college students to switch to the majors you listed before so that they can find employment after college? In the medical field, isn't there a limit on how many students are admitted? Isn't it the same with some of the other fields you listed?

How do you expect those out of college to compete with those who have years of experience? With the hyper-inflation that we've experienced, and stagnant wages, how do you expect the average worker to keep up? Do you think our economy is heading in the right direction? What changes do YOU think need to be made to the economy?
Switch to anything that has a better then 1 % chance of them being able to support themselves? YES

A limit to enrollments? Im sure there are. But medical school isnt the only thing in this country that isnt a hobby.

Mnay will start at the bottom , aka being paid less then those more experianced. Thats the way it has always been.

The average worker has to do whatever he has to do. Just as certain times of yr I have to work 70 hr weeks. One does whatever is nessary to make it happen.

Economy? hell no . Companies dont want to hire as they have no idea whats going to happen with HI. or taxes. They are waiting to be told it will be this way and stay that way for 4 yrs. Then they can make a plan.

Changes ? The American public needs to step up and refuse to buy importaed chibnese made crap. When we stop rewarding companies for offshoring we will only be helping ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,271,853 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I support the movement, but I thinking showing up with guns is a bad idea. If one shot is fired, all of a sudden you have chaos on hands. Some of those holding guns might have been beaten by police during the last protest or unjustly arrested. Some of the officers might have been verbally abused or in some instances threatened by some of the protesters.

It's not a good situation IMO.
My point is Law Enforcement in the United States has dealt with armed Nazi groups protesting Jewish groups who were armed as well and were able to contain the situation so I don't see how it would be an apocalyptic if it happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,623,470 times
Reputation: 7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Check out this list of supporters of this year's activity and then suggest that those who really love this country side with the Occupiers.

Surely you read the OP for this thread before throwing in you two bits worth.

MoveOn.org Civic Action

I saw that list, but I don't automatically presume they're not as good an American as I am. Why do you? Does an organization, or a person, have to be the "right" kind of American to qualify?

In any case, why should it matter if you're on the same page with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:48 PM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 10,369,871 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Actually no what you said was...



That being a very unlikely case or he would've been suspended without pay. It was done to get people to forget about the incident nothing more nothing less.
Your assuming that's why the police department put him on paid leave. You don't have facts to prove that. I'm saying that he was reprimanded, which we both agreed happened.

Your making an assumption. Not saying that you couldn't be right, I just haven't seen any evidence to support your assumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,159,110 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
lol I always wonder if conservatives can get any stupider and I never cease to be astounded. Occupy Wall Street is a bunch of dumb kids thinking they can change the world, Tea Partiers are actual adults who believe in a magical invisible man in the sky, that Obama wasn't born in America and that gay marriage is the most pressing issue in our country.
18 year olds generally aren't mentally fully developed since they haven't had life experience but middle aged-elderly Tea Partiers are pushing for this insane garbage is definitely far more pathetic. Being an uneducated simpleton who has never opened a book is sad, I'm surprised theyd advertise it by attending a Tea Party rally.
AJ you certainly are phenomenal. You didn't read the OP of this thread so you failed to see that this year Occupiers will be lead by trained leaders. You may even have found out that that leadership will be trained from Monday - Friday of this coming week. Look at those who are leading in support for this year's groups and maybe even you can see that your 18 year old theme is just a bit sad.

MoveOn.org Civic Action
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,271,853 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Your assuming that's why the police department put him on paid leave. You don't have facts to prove that. I'm saying that he was reprimanded, which we both agreed happened.

Your making an assumption. Not saying that you couldn't be right, I just haven't seen any evidence to support your assumption.
The reason I'm making the assumption is that what the guy did is pretty text book for removing protesters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,623,470 times
Reputation: 7720
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
AJ you certainly are phenomenal. You didn't read the OP of this thread so you failed to see that this year Occupiers will be lead by trained leaders. You may even have found out that that leadership will be trained from Monday - Friday of this coming week. Look at those who are leading in support for this year's groups and maybe even you can see that your 18 year old theme is just a bit sad.

MoveOn.org Civic Action
Oh, please. Do you really think organization and leadership training is unique to the left? What podunk place have you lived in all your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2012, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Mid Atlantic USA
12,295 posts, read 10,255,636 times
Reputation: 5361
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
1. Choosing useless majors. You don't see engineers and nurses out camping in parks demanding loan forgiveness, because they're too busy going to their job every day.
2. Taking on enormous amounts of debt to get those useless degrees. Some of us tried in high school, and thus got some decent scholarships, and then worked in college so the bills could be paid without massive borrowing. Maybe there's a little debt, sure, but it's not crushing. Some made especially awful decisions and went to insanely expensive liberal arts college to get their useless degrees.
You're wrong. I work for an engineering company. In 2009 we hired around 15 engineering interns. I recruited them. I had hundreds of applications. I had kids calling all the time (the ones not selected) begging for jobs. Some of them are still unemployed. Bush and the whole trickle down bs and de-regulation tanked the economy. We had a friccin surplus in 2000 that we would still have, and would be massively paying down our national debt if Bush had left the taxes alone. He totally miscaculated and blew it. I remember the warnings from many other politicians telling him not to do it. He didn't listen. He was a moron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:40 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top