Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 08:13 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
more thugs beating and robbing a white man!!! ohh wait a minute thats not news

VIDEO: Black Mob Beats, Strips & Robs Tourist As Onlookers Laugh in Baltimore - YouTube
Saw this one. Awful.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:13 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, southern cities have been hit too. Teaxs cities have also been hit.

Smash-and-grab burglars target downtown liquor store *| ajc.com
Video shows teens mob clerk, rob convenience store in Red Bird area of Dallas | Crime Blog | dallasnews.com
http://violentflashmobs.com/files/images/0809111319.jpg
First Fridays organizers consider changes after recent problems | Richmond Times-Dispatch
Mob rush of Dallas store caught on camera | khou.com Houston
Smash-and-grab burglars hit downtown boutique *| ajc.com
'Borderline riot' at Alabama Adventure theme park sends police in, park guests out | al.com
Teens Charged in FOX13 News Team Attack | MyFox Memphis | Fox 13 News (http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/crime/012711-teens-charged-in-fox13-news-team-attack - broken link)
Six people from six states charged after group robbery of Birmingham service station | al.com
6 robbery suspects caught on New Orleans crime camera | NOLA.com

Why it keeps happening, I can't answer, as I don't know those persons. I live in the suburbs in northern Cobb County, in the Atlanta area. I rarely make trips into the city, and when I do so, it's during the daytime. I have never actually witnessed any of the flash mobs, as I am rarely ever in the city.

I wondered why it didn't happen in the South. Actually, after a google search, I found out this stuff was happening. I just wasn't hearing about it. I don't watch the news, so I usually have no way of knowing. I'm not looking for this kind of news.
Sigh.....

Just came on to say I live in the city of Atlanta and that the stories mentioned above as "flash mobs" are not "flash mobs" they are "smash and grab" robberies (which is mentioned in the link and title of the articles BTW) and they have been going on since the late 1990s when I first moved to Atlanta. Also the majority of the articles display stories about robberies. Since when is a "flash mob" a robbery. I thought they were a big group of black kids beating up white people. You are all pretty sick and need some help.

Also had to say....man you guys are freaking CRAZY!!! It is funny but I feel so bad for you all. For all you sane people who don't think that racism/prejudice exists, you have it all in here for your eyes to read.

I really feel bad for all of you....it is disheartening to see so much ignorance in one place.

ETA: forgot to mention that even the OP story is very....I'll say ignorant as well. You say it is a "violent rampage" but no one was seriously hurt and even the police officer did not say that it was some sort of violent rampage. I would think if a group of kids were going on a "violent rampage" there would be a death or a serious to critical injury.

Also, none of you even mentioned that the race of the attackers nor the victims was mentioned. Very ignorant people in here. If I am censored I hope my censor-er will go back and bleep out all the idiocy in the comments in the rest of this thread as well.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:19 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sigh.....

Just came on to say I live in the city of Atlanta and that the stories mentioned above as "flash mobs" are not "flash mobs" they are "smash and grab" robberies (which is mentioned in the link and title of the articles BTW) and they have been going on since the late 1990s when I first moved to Atlanta. Also the majority of the articles display stories about robberies. Since when is a "flash mob" a robbery. I thought they were a big group of black kids beating up white people. You are all pretty sick and need some help.

Also had to say....man you guys are freaking CRAZY!!! It is funny but I feel so bad for you all. For all you sane people who don't think that racism/prejudice exists, you have it all in here for your eyes to read.

I really feel bad for all of you....it is disheartening to see so much ignorance in one place.

ETA: forgot to mention that even the OP story is very....I'll say ignorant as well. You say it is a "violent rampage" but no one was seriously hurt and even the police officer did not say that it was some sort of violent rampage. I would think if a group of kids were going on a "violent rampage" there would be a death or a serious to critical injury.

Also, none of you even mentioned that the race of the attackers nor the victims was mentioned. Very ignorant people in here. If I am censored I hope my censor-er will go back and bleep out all the idiocy in the comments in the rest of this thread as well.
Keep making excuses for the criminality gripping your community. I'm used to it. Very few Africans Americans want to confront the brutal truth, they have by and large failed raising successful well adjusted individuals with the ability to function in 21st century America.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The police chief in Baltimore said this is not a hate crime. What's sad is if he was armed and killed one of them he would be in jail.

just imagine the media attention, if a bunch of white thugs beat and punched a black man and he fell and hit his head and died

now if that white dude was punched and fell and hit his head and died, it would have been classified an accident..

Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Keep making excuses for the criminality gripping your community. I'm used to it. Very few Africans Americans want to confront the brutal truth, they have by and large failed raising successful well adjusted individuals with the ability to function in 21st century America.

You keep being crazy. You're good at it LOL!

Like I said I feel bad for you. You can ignore the successes of black people all you want and focus on the 3-5% of us who commit crimes but that does not negate that we as black people have raised well adjusted indiviuals with the ability to function in 21st century America (and that is a freaking hilarious statement!!)

I don't even see how you think anyone who is sane takes you seriously.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You keep being crazy. You're good at it LOL!

Like I said I feel bad for you. You can ignore the successes of black people all you want and focus on the 3-5% of us who commit crimes but that does not negate that we as black people have raised well adjusted indiviuals with the ability to function in 21st century America (and that is a freaking hilarious statement!!)

I don't even see how you think anyone who is sane takes you seriously.
The facts speak for themselves no need to rehash them.

More Black Men in Prison Today Than Enslaved in 1850

Quote:
ColorLines' Thoai Lu is reporting that the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics estimates that as of 2008, there were more than 846,000 black men in prison, making up 40.2 percent of all inmates in the system. The article highlights a recent talk given by author Michelle Alexander, who puts those numbers in context. Alexander, author of The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, told an audience at the Pasadena Branch of the American Civil Liberties Union, "More African-American men are in prison or jail, on probation or parole than were enslaved in 1850, before the Civil War began."
Of course you're probably like the author of this article who blames this startling fact on the racist justice system.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:44 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,793 times
Quote:

Truth

Old 04-11-2012, 09:50 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,447 times
Maybe they are mad about Trayvon Martin. They have every right to be mad about it.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Maybe they are mad about Trayvon Martin. They have every right to be mad about it.
Don't have every right to assault innocent people though. You sound like a crime enabler.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
I would argue that many people don't want to confront it because of embarrassment. Bill Cosby was willing to speak out against the low achievement going on among poor African-Americans. I think many people didn't want Bill Cosby to say anything. The reason being was the idea of "airing out Black America's dity laundry" scared some people. It is the idea of "don't say that. you'll only confirm the stereotype of Blacks being criminals".

I think many African-Americans know the crime is plaguing so many Black communities. Part of the reason middle class Blacks have been going to the suburbs for many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies