U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM

48,106 posts, read 45,484,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
For what its worth the African immigrants I've encountered have been OBSESSED with education. They work like dogs to get into top schools to study the sciences and engineering. They work full time AND go to school full time.

And the whole time they have the BEST attitudes. I've been told over and over that in their native countries it costs a TON to go to school and it is seen as the ultimate necessity.

I've NEVER, EVER heard one complain about lack of access or not enough Affirmative Action.

Not once...
I would argue that Africans are coming to the USA with a different mentality. It is a mentality thing.

The questions you should ask is "Why do many African-Americans have a different mentality from African immigrants"? "Where does the mentality come from"?

Old 04-11-2012, 11:19 AM

18,624 posts, read 16,430,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would argue that Africans are coming to the USA with a different mentality. It is a mentality thing.

The questions you should ask is "Why do many African-Americans have a different mentality from African immigrants"? "Where does the mentality come from"?
The plantation. They were taught their lives were of no value in relation to whites and many have internalized that through the generations. That's my opinion.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 AM

28,488 posts, read 15,447,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So assault and robbery are not crimes anymore because it was not their intent ?
When you pay people, the playing field may become skewed.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Yeah, we can't get Sharpton and Jackson to "stir the pot" about black-on-black crime. No, they want to flame the fires of racism so they save their energy for spewing when it's white on black.
Follow the money.

There is no money in black on black crime.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 7 days ago)

8,135 posts, read 5,818,135 times
Your title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
"Flash mobs come out of hibernation, go on VIOLENT RAMPAGE in St. Louis"
Article title:
I take it "violent rampage" works better for your agenda, right?

Old 04-11-2012, 11:35 AM

48,106 posts, read 45,484,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The plantation. They were taught their lives were of no value in relation to whites and many have internalized that through the generations. That's my opinion.
I would say that is a big part of it. Africans aren't coming here with the plantation mentality. They came to the USA by CHOICE. They are viewing this nation as a place of freedom and opportunity, where as, many African-Americans don't have that view of the USA.

That being said, how do you think many African-Americans got out of that ugly mentality and went on to strive for better things? I ask this because for the African-Americans who have internalized the slave mentality, there are many who have left it behind and went on to do better things.

I would also argue some of the mentality is rooted in the hip-hop culture, which was turning bad in the 1980s.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:36 AM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Follow the money.

There is no money in black on black crime.
I respectfully disagree. 90% of crimes against blacks are committed by blacks.

Keep in mind, criminals are generally lazy and don't stray that far from their neighborhoods. Then throw in gangs and the drug trade and a big chunk of the violence is every bit about $$$.

Saw a guy talking incognito to a reporter on TV last week. He buys cocaine, makes his own crack and then sells it. Pulls down over 5k a week in profit.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,336,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Have some guts and stop speaking in code...
He says, "Emancipation, Civil Rights, Obama's election, and projected 2nd election". Not sure what that means in the argument though. Maybe that blacks are taking over?

Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,336,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Whites are already beating and murdering blacks. Here a recent incident where white beat a black for being in an interracial relationship. Black teen beaten for having white girlfriend - Video on msnbc.com Let me re post this video. Video Caught On Tape 7 White Teens Drive To A Hood, Brutally Beat Down Run Over The 1st Black Victim With A Pickup Truck They Can Find! - YouTube And they just wanted to beat up a random black guy for fun Please stop with your bigotry.
Okay, here's the deal. The white kids in this video are disgusting, racist, murderers who don't deserve to coexist with the rest of society. I declare them to be an embarrassment to my race, and I despise their behavior.

Your turn.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I respectfully disagree. 90% of crimes against blacks are committed by blacks.

Keep in mind, criminals are generally lazy and don't stray that far from their neighborhoods. Then throw in gangs and the drug trade and a big chunk of the violence is every bit about $$$.

Saw a guy talking incognito to a reporter on TV last week. He buys cocaine, makes his own crack and then sells it. Pulls down over 5k a week in profit.
I agree with you.

The money reference was to the Justice Brothers (Jesse & Al) and when they decide to act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies