Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:25 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,013 times

Advertisements

Did all this really start over having to pay for a cup of water? My goodness. In any case, if you get beyond the shouting and cursing, the woman actually made some valid points. The attendants knew this, which is why they were essentially at a loss for any sort of substantive rebuttal, save for the well-worn "you lazy blacks just don't wanna work".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 11:32 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,543,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Did all this really start over having to pay for a cup of water? My goodness. In any case, if you get beyond the shouting and cursing, the woman actually made some valid points. The attendants knew this, which is why they were essentially at a loss for any sort of substantive rebuttal, save for the well-worn "you lazy blacks just don't wanna work".
She should have calmly said, "No offense to both personally but I'm disheartened that there are few businesses in my community owned and operated by African-Americans.

It is a shame that when I come into an establishment such as this one not only do I not see operators whom I can relate to, the proprietors tend to take advantage of my community with outrageous mark-ups for the simplest items.

I won't be shopping here ever again. Thank you."

Screaming like a maniac just seems to take up too much time and energy to no good end.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:35 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,543,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I find it sad. I feel for this black woman. She has been told many times the things she believes. She really wants for blacks to own and run businesses and she finds that not to be so. She is upset about crack ruining lives which it has.

Welfare has done a number on the black community. There are blacks who put their heart and soul into getting a better way of life ...some make it and some don't. Just like it is for all colors and nationalities..

Some people don't get much of a launching pad to make it up to where success is. I wish her well and hope for all people to keep trying and look for more power within themselves.
Agreed. I think her pain is real but she just doesn't have the educational background to express it in a mature, calm manner.

At least after she left she probably had herself a good cry.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Another of oboma's relatives?

"We built America!"

No you didn't.

Capitalists built America.

If you leave the building of infrastructure to "the working class", nothing would be built correctly.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:40 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Agreed. I think her pain is real but she just doesn't have the educational background to express it in a mature, calm manner.

What are the chances that she actually works?

Old 04-08-2012, 04:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
i wonder if she ever tried to actually get a business loan from a bank to buy the hairdresser shop she supposedly wanted. chances are that if she did, she probably walked into the bank without a business plan, and demanded that the bank loan her the money she wanted.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
It must be frustrating for Black Americans seeing all kinds of diverse groups coming to America and leapfrogging over them. I understand this woman's frustration but it's her own people's fault. Instead of whining they need to put their nose to the grind and compete.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

She's inarticulate but frankly she makes better points on the subject than Al Sharpton who supports illegals. She should direct her anger at Black leaders who are for open borders and mass immigration without any regards to how the Black American community is affected.

I hear her sentiments every now and then on Black radio.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
I do feel for the woman in the video. At one point she says "Why can't we own something?", and the reply in the background is "Cause y'all don't want to work." So we have a web of stereotypes here, and she's caught in one. She's passionate, that's for sure, and it really doesn't devolve into a free for all until the woman behind the scenes drops the F word, then it quickly gets personal and out of control.

BUT, those on the outside looking in are wondering why can't I get a loan? Where's my help? If black society would start to address these issues of immigrants getting a helping hand before citizens, they would probably feel more a part of the process and could take an active role in getting businesses for their communities that are black-owned/operated. Their politicians aren't helping them out any.
The immigrants pool their money.This notion that the government is giving them these special loans in an urban myth. That's actually how the Indians do it with the Dunkin Donuts. The family will all pitch in and open one store than if all goes well they'll scout other locations for another family member to open.

I simply don't think the level of trust is their in American families in general. Folks would have a hard time sacrificing for a store for a payoff that may come down the line.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Gosh, so surprising to see the OP race-baiting!

Why is this post in P&OC?

Where else would it go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies