U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-13-2012, 10:41 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,300 posts, read 10,466,428 times
Reputation: 3541

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Racism

Oh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2012, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,614 posts, read 16,381,997 times
Reputation: 6343
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Very well put, unfortunately edward a, does not realize that there is a corerelation between economics and crime. Whites, Latinos, Asians whatever put in a dire economic for decades would have a higher crime rate within their own respective communities as well. Posting statistics on something that we already know is pointless, but do you notice that he never talks about the well off blacks who have virtually no incidences of violent crimes.
Quick what's the murder rate in Appalachia? Chinatown NYC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2012, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Old Town Alexandria
14,505 posts, read 23,728,391 times
Reputation: 8837
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I realize what he saying seems to be a little harsh, but reality is often a meal served cold. It is easy for someone such as yourself to discount what he is saying since you are not the one that is feared in the streets regardless of what you are wearing but strictly based on the color of your skin. I guess that you don't realize the significance of the zimmerman trial. If he is allowed to go free there would be a rash of SYG cases against blacks and latinos since some people between fear and actual racism will readilly blown them away. This will hold true especially if they feel that they can get away with it.

Understand this, blacks as well as whites have different perspectives and experiences in dealing with racial situations. There are blacks that have been dogged out by racism and are more than willing to take up arms. There are blacks that are absolutely clueless to whats going on around them and then there are blacks that straddle the fence on either side.
well said.

Dont forget gender as well, I have seen unbelievably racist, vitriolic and misogynistic posts here, and they all come from the far right. Some would have nothing to write if not for their daily diatribe of hate. No wonder decent people are fed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2012, 05:21 PM
 
7,022 posts, read 5,978,031 times
Reputation: 6980
It's fairly obvious that many black families train their kids to fear and hate white people. I'll never forget the four-year-old black kid on a bus who kept pointing at all the white people on it, asking his mother, "Is that a white man? Is that another one there?" Talk about breeding racism at an early age!

No White or Asian or Latino family that I've ever known teaches such things to their kids. There's no "It's time to talk about the Black People, son." I'm sorry, race may be the #1 topic in every U.S. black household, but not anywhere else.

Let's take a look at some of this "racist talk"-

1) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally
This is common sense- just as blacks do not want to get stuck in the middle of a white mob.

2) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods
Depends. If it's a middle-class neighborhood, why avoid it? If it's the ghetto then I have no problem staying as far away from that as possible. People who live in the ghetto are desperate, angry people which puts innocents walking through at risk of being robbed or killed.

3) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date
I LOL'd at this because all I could think of was South Park's "Too Many Minorities at the Water Park" song.

It's long been known that community water parks are basically public toilets, so anybody with a brain knows enough to stay away from them.

4) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks
Another inconvenient fact is that these events always end in some sort of violence. My advice is to go early but leave early. Once it's past midnight you are asking for trouble.

5) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians
If I could have my way I wouldn't settle in a community run by ANY politician.

6) Before voting for a black politician, scrutinize his/her character much more carefully than you would a white
Isn't this good advice for ALL politicians?

7) Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway
For one's own protection maybe you shouldn't stop to help strangers on the highway but there's nothing wrong with calling for help. And black people are just as likely to be randomly shot as any other group (e.g. Bill Cosby's son).

8) If accosted by a strange black in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving
Bad advice. If you're accosted by any stranger in the street, don't smile or say anything, just ignore them and keep walking. Angry, bitter individuals don't deserve anything more.

All in all, I would say this article isn't any more offensive than the one that describes black families having the "all white people are evil racists" talk with their kids.

And people wonder why racism will never end. In reality, race-baiting liberals like Al Sharpton and Democrats would never want racism to end, it's their golden goose. Otherwise blacks would leave the Democrat Plantation and the Dems would lose their crutch and finally have to do something useful to win back the black vote.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Dont forget gender as well, I have seen unbelievably racist, vitriolic and misogynistic posts here, and they all come from the far right.
Nah. The misogyny comes from the far left. Just look at their woman-hating hero Bill Maher that they're always quoting, and the dozens of anti-Sarah Palin treads that don't even pretend to hide it's extreme misogyny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2012, 05:39 PM
 
Location: around racist white people
1,852 posts, read 1,557,266 times
Reputation: 698
Hard Work or Hardly Working? How White People Got So Rich Part I

Just a quick history lesson for cd members
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2012, 08:03 PM
 
1,310 posts, read 940,536 times
Reputation: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Hard Work or Hardly Working? How White People Got So Rich Part I

Just a quick history lesson for cd members
It's pretty ironic that the vast majority of taxpayers in this country are White devils, while the percentage of Black angels receiving public assistance is higher than any other group.

Are those White devils "hardly working" to ensure that money magically appears in EBT cards on the first? Are they "hardly working" to provide subsidized housing, which causes declines in property values in their own neighborhoods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2012, 08:14 PM
 
Location: around racist white people
1,852 posts, read 1,557,266 times
Reputation: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
It's pretty ironic that the vast majority of taxpayers in this country are White devils, while the percentage of Black angels receiving public assistance is higher than any other group.

Are those White devils "hardly working" to ensure that money magically appears in EBT cards on the first? Are they "hardly working" to provide subsidized housing, which causes declines in property values in their own neighborhoods?
African-American Unemployment Rises Under Obama

You really don't need to say anything, this can go either way.....

Obama got in, AA unemployment rose, I guess they just got stupider overnight once Obama took office.

Wealth Gaps Rise to Record Highs Between Whites, Blacks, Hispanics | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

You can throw around those dumb words all day, facts are facts... same articles you guys refuse to acknowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2012, 08:28 PM
 
Location: USA
1,888 posts, read 2,175,547 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Hard Work or Hardly Working? How White People Got So Rich Part I

Just a quick history lesson for cd members
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stick2dascript again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,300 posts, read 10,466,428 times
Reputation: 3541
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Quick what's the murder rate in Appalachia? Chinatown NYC?
Reported? If you knew about other cultures, you would know that because of the mistrust of "outsiders" especially the police they keep many crimes hush-hush and go on with their lives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 01:45 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,300 posts, read 10,466,428 times
Reputation: 3541
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's fairly obvious that many black families train their kids to fear and hate white people. I'll never forget the four-year-old black kid on a bus who kept pointing at all the white people on it, asking his mother, "Is that a white man? Is that another one there?" Talk about breeding racism at an early age!

No White or Asian or Latino family that I've ever known teaches such things to their kids. There's no "It's time to talk about the Black People, son." I'm sorry, race may be the #1 topic in every U.S. black household, but not anywhere else.

Let's take a look at some of this "racist talk"-

1) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally
This is common sense- just as blacks do not want to get stuck in the middle of a white mob.

2) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods
Depends. If it's a middle-class neighborhood, why avoid it? If it's the ghetto then I have no problem staying as far away from that as possible. People who live in the ghetto are desperate, angry people which puts innocents walking through at risk of being robbed or killed.

3) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date
I LOL'd at this because all I could think of was South Park's "Too Many Minorities at the Water Park" song.

It's long been known that community water parks are basically public toilets, so anybody with a brain knows enough to stay away from them.

4) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks
Another inconvenient fact is that these events always end in some sort of violence. My advice is to go early but leave early. Once it's past midnight you are asking for trouble.

5) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians
If I could have my way I wouldn't settle in a community run by ANY politician.

6) Before voting for a black politician, scrutinize his/her character much more carefully than you would a white
Isn't this good advice for ALL politicians?

7) Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway
For one's own protection maybe you shouldn't stop to help strangers on the highway but there's nothing wrong with calling for help. And black people are just as likely to be randomly shot as any other group (e.g. Bill Cosby's son).

8) If accosted by a strange black in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving
Bad advice. If you're accosted by any stranger in the street, don't smile or say anything, just ignore them and keep walking. Angry, bitter individuals don't deserve anything more.

All in all, I would say this article isn't any more offensive than the one that describes black families having the "all white people are evil racists" talk with their kids.

And people wonder why racism will never end. In reality, race-baiting liberals like Al Sharpton and Democrats would never want racism to end, it's their golden goose. Otherwise blacks would leave the Democrat Plantation and the Dems would lose their crutch and finally have to do something useful to win back the black vote.




Nah. The misogyny comes from the far left. Just look at their woman-hating hero Bill Maher that they're always quoting, and the dozens of anti-Sarah Palin treads that don't even pretend to hide it's extreme misogyny.


Thats interesting since most of the "rules" that you stated can be used for black safety as well. That being said what is the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top