U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2012, 01:51 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,300 posts, read 10,499,316 times
Reputation: 3541

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Where do you get these bogus ideas from? How can you say, "apparently" when talking about these so-called talks? I never had my parents talk to me about being afraid of the cops or what not. You need to just stop with these crazy threads because you're just trolling and you know it.
No one gave him the "talk" simply because he is clueless and therefore does not need it. Just because you don't believe in racism does not mean it does not exist. I figure eventually he will experience it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2012, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,624 posts, read 16,435,683 times
Reputation: 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Reported? If you knew about other cultures, you would know that because of the mistrust of "outsiders" especially the police they keep many crimes hush-hush and go on with their lives
LOL just keep spinning it's pathetic. Where are all of these underreported bodies ending up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,300 posts, read 10,499,316 times
Reputation: 3541
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL just keep spinning it's pathetic. Where are all of these underreported bodies ending up?
Huh, all crime does not end up with death, you do realize that don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 02:31 PM
 
10,963 posts, read 8,055,459 times
Reputation: 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Wow. Just wow. Is there any proof whatsoever that the majority of black people suffer under the terms in which you warn your child? This isn't 1967....this is 2012.
I'd suggest you'd acquaint yourself with the stop-frisk policies of the New York City Police Department which disproportionately target young Black and Hispanic men for ...........................being young Black and Hispanic men.

Racial Disparity in NYPD Stops-and-Frisks

Quote:
In 2011, in New York City, 685,724 people were stopped, 84 percent of whom were Black and Latino residents — although they comprise only about 23 percent and 29 percent of New York City’s total population respectively. 2011 is the highest year on record for stops. The number of stops represent an over 600 percent since Mayor Bloomberg came into office.

In 2011, 88 percent of all stops did not result in an arrest or a summons being given. Contraband was found in only 2 percent of all stops. The NYPD claims their stop and frisk policy keeps weapons off the street – but weapons were recovered in only one percent of all stops. These numbers clearly contradict that claim.


Moreover, the practice contributes to continued mistrust, doubt and fear of police officers in communities of color that are already scarred by systemic racial profiling and major incidents of police brutality.

There is a clear need for accountability, independent oversight and reform in the NYPD’s use of stop and frisk.

Quote:
You seem to take the term "helicopter parent" to a whole new level of paranoia. I kind of feel sorry for black kids if this is the type of discussions their parents are having with them. NO wonder they enter the world feeling like victims. Their own parents have made them into victims before they could even be victimized! Very sad indeed.
The only thing that you've proven is that you are totally ignorant and insensitive to the reality that young black men face growing up in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,624 posts, read 16,435,683 times
Reputation: 6348
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I'd suggest you'd acquaint yourself with the stop-frisk policies of the New York City Police Department which disproportionately target young Black and Hispanic men for ...........................being young Black and Hispanic men.

Racial Disparity in NYPD Stops-and-Frisks






The only thing that you've proven is that you are totally ignorant and insensitive to the reality that young black men face growing up in America.
Now lay in the stats of those convicted of crimes in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 14 days ago)
 
48,217 posts, read 45,506,708 times
Reputation: 15344
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I've got a problem with 10h. Suppose I'm that Black person in distress? Suppose you are that Black person in distress?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 14 days ago)
 
48,217 posts, read 45,506,708 times
Reputation: 15344
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Thats interesting since most of the "rules" that you stated can be used for black safety as well. That being said what is the difference?
In short, there is a rule of "avoid anyone different from you" being taught to some people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
2,240 posts, read 2,779,719 times
Reputation: 1175
LOL.

I can't believe some of these threads.

White COPS and GOVERNMENT..has a loooooooooooooooooooooooong history of oppressing and killing black males in this country. It's very simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 14 days ago)
 
48,217 posts, read 45,506,708 times
Reputation: 15344
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
LOL.

I can't believe some of these threads.

White COPS and GOVERNMENT..has a loooooooooooooooooooooooong history of oppressing and killing black males in this country. It's very simple.
I can. It disturbs me to no end that people think in very racist manners. With that said, it is of no surprise that many people think this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
2,240 posts, read 2,779,719 times
Reputation: 1175
I love how some people love to read and use statistics and take them for face value. Just like the bible thumpers with religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top