U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 05:09 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,887,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no, i want to see monsanto's alleged threat to sue. not their side, just the 'threat' itself.
Um, good luck with that. Unless they put it in writing maybe hard to find. I would think such a document would be posted if it exists. Otherwise, you can't do, but so much with more subtle or verbal threats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 05:16 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,311,213 times
Well Monsanto DID sue the milk companies that put "bgh free" labels on their cartons of milk.
No prior written announcement that they would do that. They waited for the labels to appear and then they sued.
They lost of course.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:42 PM

26,198 posts, read 18,898,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Gee... It didn't take long for Monsanto's Professional Trolls to find this thread and "contribute" their "logic"...
Who are Monsanto's professional trolls? I know you can't be referring to me, since I have never been employed by, nor received a penny from, monsanto. Nor could I be accused of - heaven forbid! - contributing any logic, since i merely asked a question.
Finally, since this thread had been open an entire day before I saw it, the
"didn't take long" bit certainly doesn't apply.
So who are you whining about, exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Um, good luck with that. Unless they put it in writing maybe hard to find. I would think such a document would be posted if it exists. Otherwise, you can't do, but so much with more subtle or verbal threats.
So you think this is merely a rumor? Frankly, that wouldnt surprise me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well Monsanto DID sue the milk companies that put "bgh free" labels on their cartons of milk.
No prior written announcement that they would do that. They waited for the labels to appear and then they sued.
They lost of course.
But according to your OP, it WAS announced in this case, otherwise how would the Russia today guy know it even happened?

Old 04-08-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Saying lack of docs doesn't mean it is or isn't true.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:53 PM

12,625 posts, read 18,130,097 times
Quote:
If GMO foods are just as good as natural food then why is Monsanto so upset ?

Monsanto threatens the sue the entire state of Vermont — RT
Lawmakers in Vermont are looking to regulate food labels so customers can know which products are made from genetically modified crops, but agricultural giants Monsanto say they will sue if the state follows through.
Monsanto is going mad over the proposal, however, which would also make them unable to label their productions as “natural,” “naturally made,” “naturally grown” or “all natural,” if, in fact, they are not. For the corporation, it would seem that moving products and making money is much more of a worthwhile venture than telling its customers what exactly they are consuming.
Funny if there is nothing wrong with it why are they worried? Because it is probably in more foods than we can even imagine!

Old 04-08-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Saying lack of docs doesn't mean it is or isn't true.
In this instance we not only don't have docs - we also have no names, no dates, no nothin'

Old 04-08-2012, 09:00 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,311,213 times
Quote:
Who are Monsanto's professional trolls? I know you can't be referring to me, since I have never been employed by, nor received a penny from, monsanto. Nor could I be accused of - heaven forbid! - contributing any logic, since i merely asked a question.
Finally, since this thread had been open an entire day before I saw it, the
"didn't take long" bit certainly doesn't apply.
So who are you whining about, exactly?

But according to your OP, it WAS announced in this case, otherwise how would the Russia today guy know it even happened?
You seem to be looking for a press release from Monsanto on this and I don't think there is one.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
You seem to be looking for a press release from Monsanto on this and I don't think there is one.
i'm looking for anything that substantiates 'monsanto threatens.'

haven't seen it yet.

from your link:
Quote:
the company says they will sue the state if H-722 is approved
when was this said, and who said it?

there's not a single non-nutbar news site that is talking about this 'threat.'

Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:

haven't seen it yet.

from your link:

when was this said, and who said it?

there's not a single non-nutbar news site that is talking about this 'threat.'
The link has this underneath. There are tons of reasons why there could be no docs.
"Reuters/Jason Lee" (maybe for the picture). Many MCM companies may have ties to Monsanto. (I am guessing that is what you mean with your non-nutbar crack.)

White House refuses to reveal ties with Monsanto

Monsanto's Ties to Big Government 1/2 - YouTube

Last edited by CDusr; 04-08-2012 at 09:32 PM..

Old 04-08-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
The link has this underneath. There are tons of reasons why there could be no docs.

"Reuters/Jason Lee" (maybe for the picture). Many MCM companies may have ties to Monsanto.
yeah, i'm certain it's for the picture.

i've already stated more than once that i'm hardly insisting on a document directly from the desk of monsanto.

Quote:
what are MCM companies, and what do they have to do with anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies