U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2012, 04:10 AM
 
574 posts, read 826,068 times
Reputation: 541

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's a bizarre thing to say. It sounds like you're trying to defend the whites, which is fine with me, but why don't you just come out and say that you don't believe in the Civil Rights Act as it pertains to accommodations?
I'm Black. However, aside from what happened (which doesn't surprise me at all), it baffles me that they'd even want to go to a bar like that. I'd rather stay home than go to an all-White bar in small town in the middle of Kentucky.

Last edited by midatlantic12; 04-08-2012 at 04:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2012, 04:13 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,194 posts, read 16,582,108 times
Reputation: 8847
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
Video footage of black customers being the victims of blatant racism in 2012. But of course let the Right Wing tell it, racism died out in mid 60's with the passing of the Civil Rights Acts
Are you baiting?

Please offer some link or proof that "the Right Wing [claim] racism died out in the mid 60's with the passing of the Civil Rights Acts [sic]"

This is one of the problems I have with you leftist loonies. You offer opinions as though they are truth.

Was there even anything in the video you linked to (I didn't look at it, and I don't intend to) that would suggest this? If not, what was the point of making the statement, if it wasn't to set bait (some might call it trolling)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,041 posts, read 44,938,521 times
Reputation: 20423
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
I'm Black. However, aside from what happened, it baffles me that they'd even want to go to a bar like that. I'd rather stay home than go to an all-White bar in the middle of KentucKKKy.
I'm beginning to understand why you wouldn't want to go, based on some of the posts here! But again, it really shouldn't matter... if for some crazy reason you did want to go there, would you not be appalled at their turning you away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,194 posts, read 16,582,108 times
Reputation: 8847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Its Kentucky, an state full of racist idiots, what else can you expect ?
Proof please? Facts? Articles? Statistic? Do you have anything at all to support that claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 04:17 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,041 posts, read 44,938,521 times
Reputation: 20423
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are you baiting?

Please offer some link or proof that "the Right Wing [claim] racism died out in the mid 60's with the passing of the Civil Rights Acts [sic]"

This is one of the problems I have with you leftist loonies. You offer opinions as though they are truth.

Was there even anything in the video you linked to (I didn't look at it, and I don't intend to) that would suggest this? If not, what was the point of making the statement, if it wasn't to set bait (some might call it trolling)?
I assume they're making that statement from reading posts on City-Data, where the right wingers claim even the most BLATANT racism is merely "being oversensitive," "PC nonsense," "playing the race card," etc. If you haven't seen a zillion examples of this, you obviously haven't read any race-related threads on here! I could try to pull up some examples, if the search engine on C-D wasn't so difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 04:20 AM
 
574 posts, read 826,068 times
Reputation: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm beginning to understand why you wouldn't want to go, based on some of the posts here! But again, it really shouldn't matter... if for some crazy reason you did want to go there, would you not be appalled at their turning you away?
I would be somewhat appalled, but not the least bit surprised. This took place in a very small, all-white town in the middle of Kentucky so I'd assume something like this would happen before stepping foot in the parking lot of the establishment.

NOW, if something like this happened in a city like NYC, Philly, DC, or LA, I'd definitely be very appalled and would do whatever possible to put the bar on blast.

Last edited by midatlantic12; 04-08-2012 at 04:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 04:23 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,194 posts, read 16,582,108 times
Reputation: 8847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Wow! That's not an obvious ignorant bias at all...
Ignorance reigns supreme in leftist circles.

Leftists are only able to lie, smear and bully. They think that is how an argument is won. Facts? They never have any, unless they are purely manufactured to support their opinions. Their sources are Daily Kos, Media Matters, MovOn.org, Think ["Stink"] Progress, etc, etc.

They live in their own mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 04:27 AM
 
Location: Houston
22,410 posts, read 11,542,632 times
Reputation: 9037
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's a bizarre thing to say. It sounds like you're trying to defend the whites, which is fine with me, but why don't you just come out and say that you don't believe in the Civil Rights Act as it pertains to accommodations?
I actually do not believe the Civil Rights Act as it pertains to accomadations was constitutional and believe business owners should have the same rights as homeowners.

Yes, there are racists. There always will be. I once went into a bar and all the other patrons were hispanic, they gave me funny looks. I had one beer and left. I think they thought I was immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 04:31 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,194 posts, read 16,582,108 times
Reputation: 8847
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's a bizarre thing to say. It sounds like you're trying to defend the whites, which is fine with me, but why don't you just come out and say that you don't believe in the Civil Rights Act as it pertains to accommodations?
Now, there you go again. That's an assumption, on your part. You are baiting.

But, I did notice that it is "fine with [you]" to defend the "whites." That is what you said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 04:37 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,041 posts, read 44,938,521 times
Reputation: 20423
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Ignorance reigns supreme in leftist circles.

Leftists are only able to lie, smear and bully. They think that is how an argument is won. Facts? They never have any, unless they are purely manufactured to support their opinions. Their sources are Daily Kos, Media Matters, MovOn.org, Think ["Stink"] Progress, etc, etc.

They live in their own mind.
So, how's that non-judgmental and rational thinking going? Does it not pertain to blatantly slandering and generalizing about approximately 50% of the nation's population?? Please read what you just wrote, and explain to me how you're any better than these "leftists" you hate so much.

P.S. I'm a "leftist" who's never even visited any of those sources you think we worship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top