Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 05:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You accept what Bush said all the time, you accept what Rush, Beck and all the other right-wing clowns say as the truth. But you can never accept what the President says as the truth?
I can't accept his lies which just keep coming. There is no reason for me to accept any of this since it was nothing more than a prepared, vote buying speech like any of his campaign speeches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 07:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I can't accept his lies which just keep coming. There is no reason for me to accept any of this since it was nothing more than a prepared, vote buying speech like any of his campaign speeches.

Should a president's personal religion matter?

Old 04-08-2012, 07:21 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
It's no real secret Obama is a cultural/secular Christian and totally indifferent to religion: so what?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:14 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Amazing.

Just what would the man have to do to convince you he really is a Christian?

In fact, could he do that at all for some of you?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Should a president's personal religion matter?
Apparently some people think so:

Suddenly religion is off limits!

Old 04-08-2012, 10:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
THE PRESIDENT:* Good morning, everybody.* (Applause.)* Please, have a seat.* Have a seat.* Well, welcome to the White House.* It is a pleasure to be with all of you this morning.

In less than a week, this house will be overrun by thousands of kids at the Easter Egg Roll.* (Laughter.)* So I wanted to get together with you for a little prayer and reflection -- some calm before the storm.* (Laughter.)

It is wonderful to see so many good friends here today.* To all the faith leaders from all across the country -- from churches and congregations large and small; from different denominations and different backgrounds -- thank you for coming to our third annual Easter prayer breakfast.* And I’m grateful that you’re here.

I’m even more grateful for the work that you do every day of the year -- the compassion and the kindness that so many of you express through your various ministries.* I know that some of you have joined with our Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships.* I’ve seen firsthand some of the outstanding work that you are doing in your respective communities, and it’s an incredible expression of your faith.* And I know that all of us who have an opportunity to work with you draw inspiration from the work that you do.
Finally, I want to just express appreciation for your prayers.* Every time I travel around the country, somebody is going around saying, we’re praying for you.* (Laughter.)* We got a prayer circle going.* Don’t worry, keep the faith.* We’re praying.* (Laughter.)* Michelle gets the same stuff.* And that means a lot to us.* It especially means a lot to us when we hear from folks who we know probably didn’t vote for me -- (laughter) -- and yet, expressing extraordinary sincerity about their prayers.* And it’s a reminder not only of what binds us together as a nation, but also what binds us together as children of God.

Now, I have to be careful, I am not going to stand up here and give a sermon.* It’s always a bad idea to give a sermon in front of professionals.* (Laughter.)* But in a few short days, all of us will experience the wonder of Easter morning.** And we will know, in the words of the Apostle Paul, “Christ Jesus...and Him crucified.”

It’s an opportunity for us to reflect on the triumph of the resurrection, and to give thanks for the all-important gift of grace.* And for me, and I’m sure for some of you, it’s also a chance to remember the tremendous sacrifice that led up to that day, and all that Christ endured -- not just as a Son of God, but as a human being.*

For like us, Jesus knew doubt.* Like us, Jesus knew fear.* In the garden of Gethsemane, with attackers closing in around him, Jesus told His disciples, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death.”* He fell to his knees, pleading with His Father, saying, “If it is possible, may this cup be taken from me.”* And yet, in the end, He confronted His fear with words of humble surrender, saying, “If it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”

So it is only because Jesus conquered His own anguish, conquered His fear, that we’re able to celebrate the resurrection.* It’s only because He endured unimaginable pain that wracked His body and bore the sins of the world that He burdened -- that burdened His soul that we are able to proclaim, “He is Risen!”*

So the struggle to fathom that unfathomable sacrifice makes Easter all the more meaningful to all of us.* It helps us to provide an eternal perspective to whatever temporal challenges we face.* It puts in perspective our small problems relative to the big problems He was dealing with.* And it gives us courage and it gives us hope.*

We all have experiences that shake our faith.* There are times where we have questions for God’s plan relative to us -- (laughter) -- but that’s precisely when we should remember Christ’s own doubts and eventually his own triumph.* Jesus told us as much in the book of John, when He said, “In this world you will have trouble.”* I heard an amen.* (Laughter.)* Let me repeat.* “In this world, you will have trouble.”

AUDIENCE:* Amen!

THE PRESIDENT:* “But take heart!”* (Laughter.)* “I have overcome the world.”* (Applause.)* We are here today to celebrate that glorious overcoming, the sacrifice of a risen savior who died so that we might live.* And I hope that our time together this morning will strengthen us individually, as believers, and as a nation.
And with that, I’d like to invite my good friend, Dr. Cynthia Hale, to deliver our opening prayer.* Dr. Hale.* (Applause.)

Remarks by the President at Easter Prayer Breakfast | The White House

Yep...sounds like a Muslim to me!

Oh, wait! He's lying...in spite of the fact that a REAL Muslim would be subject to death for saying that....right?
Did you read his book where he discussed his beliefs. If not just one speech does not convey the real view he has.I have never heard a president say he was not a Chrisitan but I suspect some lied when talkig abut their beliefs;in honesty. Perhaps the most distrubing is that he spent 20 years listening to the hate speech aginst white of Rev Wright and claimed him as a mantor until exposed. That is like say listening to the KKK leadship view on god is Christian ;IMO.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:34 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Amazing.... his teleprompter didn't burn up and explode after all that BS....

Old 04-08-2012, 10:36 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Has Fox complained that he didn't mention Jesus enough yet? And then issued an Easter card that does nothing more than crow about their ratings?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
I still say he's a closet atheist

Old 04-08-2012, 10:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
It doesn't matter what he says or doesn't say; stupid people will remain stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies