Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,793,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Wait a minute. Who wants the common man to represent them? I want the uncommon man to represent me. I want someone smarter than me, to represent me. Here, in the US, we have dollar votes. If we think Joe/Jane Blow is the greatest thing since sliced bread, we will give him/her dollars to run.
You guys worship money and rich guys a little to much...I knew a billionaire and he was common...and wise...but he was an exception...Those with great wealth are also great predators --once they are in office they continue to hunt and devour...There is no rule within this so-called elite that states they do not consume their own...which is you..

What I meant by common was ---an honest person with a balanced mind and sound judgement...so SHOREBABY wants an "uncommon" man....you miss the point...all of your leaders so far in the last twenty years were all too common..you need someone with some real class...not the kind money buys..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,024,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I'm sure the sentiments of Americans are on this forum.

You have those fed up with hand outs, large governments, big debt and 1000% too many government employees.
Then you have the other side that believes in taxing more to take other people's money. They believe they are due the fruit of another person's labor and to me that thinking is sick in the head (which is also a sentiment of Americans also found here).
I concur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies