U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2012, 09:56 PM
 
8,487 posts, read 5,890,734 times
Reputation: 1114

Advertisements

Goes way beyond D n R. (language)

George Carlin The Elite and The American Dream - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2012, 09:57 PM
 
1,460 posts, read 1,667,436 times
Reputation: 1400
He was comically witty, I wouldn't put a comedian on a pedestal of intelligence however...and the guy is room temp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,159,110 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Likewise, Archie Bunker describes democrats.....



Archie Bunker On Democrats - YouTube
Archie did that better than anybody could and Edith was a perfect foil for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,041 posts, read 44,938,521 times
Reputation: 20423
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, who the hell is George Carlin, and why do you say he is "the greatest of Americans?"
You must be a child or not an American, if you don't know who George Carlin is... get a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,041 posts, read 44,938,521 times
Reputation: 20423
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Perhaps because of your introduction, we didn't need to watch it. Others already know somthing about him.
Soooo... what was that you said earlier, about liberals "claiming things as truth without evidence" or something? As suspected, you're just another hypocrite!!

Last edited by gizmo980; 04-08-2012 at 10:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,041 posts, read 44,938,521 times
Reputation: 20423
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think Carlin was just a little too truthful to appeal to the self-Righteous
Carlin was a genius, and had more insight in his pinky finger than 99% of our useless politicians (from both sides) these days. I had the great pleasure of seeing his stand-up two times before he died, and I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. At the same time, he always got political and serious for a portion of his show... and what he'd say was more profound than anything Obama, Bush, Clinton, Romney, or any other politicians today can or will ever say. Some of them may THINK these things, but none ever have the cajones to say it aloud. RIP George.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 10:47 PM
 
26,295 posts, read 17,223,758 times
Reputation: 10277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Another failed attempt by liberals to bash the GOP. You guys work hard at making yourself look ignorant.
No one has to bash the GOP. If someone shows you who they are, believe them. The GOP has shown us time and time again who they are. I truly cannot think of any stances on the issues that is for the common good. Whether it be the environment, women, the middle class, education, etc. They are shamelessly transparent in their intentions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 10:50 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,041 posts, read 44,938,521 times
Reputation: 20423
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
I wouldn't put a comedian on a pedestal of intelligence however
Why not? That's kind of a troubling statement, considering more than one comedian has been a political speech writer... for all you know, your favorite politician's words may have been written by a "comedian!" Just because they make people laugh for a living, does that make them any less capable of high intelligence? Stupid people would fail at that profession, I imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,041 posts, read 44,938,521 times
Reputation: 20423
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No one has to bash the GOP. If someone shows you who they are, believe them. The GOP has shown us time and time again who they are. I truly cannot think of any stances on the issues that is for the common good. Whether it be the environment, women, the middle class, education, etc. They are shamelessly transparent in their intentions.
"The Christian Right is neither." - unknown

Another good quote I heard recently... "Politicians and diapers should be changed often, and for the same reason."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 10:57 PM
 
26,295 posts, read 17,223,758 times
Reputation: 10277
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I figured! He's probably a perfect example of the typical Democrat! All mouth and no brain.
Yeah right Carlin sounded like a guy who didn't have an extremely astute handle on the pulse of society and an astounding command of the English language. One does not receive the prestigious Mark Twain Award for naught. I suppose Samuel Clemens was all mouth and no brains too...huh?

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-09-2012 at 12:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:18 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top