U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:24 AM

14,298 posts, read 8,089,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
No one is cheering for economic destruction because everyone has a stake in the economy.
I tend to agree. I see threads like this one a lot, where one side thinks the other is loaded with people cheering for economic failure, and act as if a bad economy does not adversely affect them too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 AM

19,715 posts, read 11,532,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I mean every time the labor force participation rate drops, every time the number of food stamp recipients increases, every time the number of home foreclosures increases, the Democrats are shaking pom poms and doing cartwheels, crediting Obama with saving America from the evil Republicans. Would the logical conclusion not be that the Democrats are cheering for our economic destruction?
Please cite where "every time the number of home foreclosures increases, the Democrats are shaking pom poms and doing cartwheels, crediting Obama with saving America from the evil Republicans."

Otherwise, it's we'll just chalk this up to another strawman claim.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:37 AM

29,419 posts, read 18,688,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
On your planet, that might be true if you're not lying. On mine, there has been good news, although we could use more of it. Now, this thread accuses democrats not wanting good news. Do you qualify?
The only good news swooners want is to see more of our energy sector destroyed. It has to be that way since they are all in supporting all of the great orator's actions. The quest to force "green energy" onto the consumers no matter what the cost to those consumers swooners don't care one bit. Every dollar those consumers have to pay more for energy that can be produced cheaper is a dollar that could be spent elsewhere. But co2 is gonna kill us all. Idiots.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,846,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The only good news swooners want is to see more of our energy sector destroyed. It has to be that way since they are all in supporting all of the great orator's actions. The quest to force "green energy" onto the consumers no matter what the cost to those consumers swooners don't care one bit. Every dollar those consumers have to pay more for energy that can be produced cheaper is a dollar that could be spent elsewhere. But co2 is gonna kill us all. Idiots.
First, define "Energy Sector". What encompasses energy sector?

We will eventually get to the idiots who would rather live in a CO2 chamber.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 AM

If you need a definition then your farther gone than I thought. I suggest you pay attention to the myriad of threads on this very board on the subject. Until then continue your swooning.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:34 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,846,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If you need a definition then your farther gone than I thought. I suggest you pay attention to the myriad of threads on this very board on the subject. Until then continue your swooning.
I don't need a definition, you do. That is why I wanted to see where you stand before I go about educating you on the subject, so you sound more logical than at least a parrot.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,119,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
No one is cheering for economic destruction because everyone has a stake in the economy.

Not true, folks like Piven and Ayers see economic destruction as the end of capitalism.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 AM

16,816 posts, read 11,764,299 times
The Dems are cheering for economic failure they are actively making it a reality in order to force the country away from petroleum products.

Dems have renamed economic destruction to call it collective sacrifice for the good of the country.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 AM

Please educate, or in your case it would be re educate, me on how the great leader of the free world has helped out the non defined energy sector.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The Dems are cheering for economic failure they are actively making it a reality in order to force the country away from petroleum products.

Dems have renamed economic destruction to call it collective sacrifice for the good of the country.
Don't worry eintsein here is gonna re educate us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies