U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2012, 11:32 AM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,817,743 times
Reputation: 2035

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Say what you want, that lady who said "my speacialty is drinking margarities", that was mine and your dime paying for that."

And let me inform you of something that is not really known, all the SES and senior GS14 and GS15, they get quaterly bonuses.....between 10-20% of there pay....
Not sure where you think anyone is happy with any abuses being carried out whether by Govt, Dept's. or private companies but we at least have a say when corruption is discovered in Govt. and heads do indeed "roll" with sackings and reprimands and investigations and changes to the system. With Private Companies bonuses and even promotions are given to execs who abuse the system, bring the companies to their knees..... they only have to make profits to please their stockholders....... abuse is not checked in Corporations and no matter how many of their customers get "screwed", it really doesn't matter to them they just keep on "screwing" us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2012, 11:39 AM
 
33,914 posts, read 18,438,846 times
Reputation: 7487
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Not sure where you think anyone is happy with any abuses being carried out whether by Govt, Dept's. or private companies but we at least have a say when corruption is discovered in Govt. and heads do indeed "roll" with sackings and reprimands and investigations and changes to the system. With Private Companies bonuses and even promotions are given to execs who abuse the system, bring the companies to their knees..... they only have to make profits to please their stockholders....... abuse is not checked in Corporations and no matter how many of their customers get "screwed", it really doesn't matter to them they just keep on "screwing" us.
Honeslty, I really don't care what happens in a PRIVATE company...it's PRIVATE for a reason.....

Why should you care? What are these private companies doing to mess with you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,821,962 times
Reputation: 12162
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Honeslty, I really don't care what happens in a PRIVATE company...it's PRIVATE for a reason.....
Over 40% of health care spending in this country is "not private". That is, over a trillion dollars a year and tax revenue towards that effect is only a small part of it. We shouldn't do anything about that, right? And private companies are also the ones who are making it expensive, not just for an individual who might prefer to pay cash, but also for the government who must address the needs for many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 AM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,817,743 times
Reputation: 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Honeslty, I really don't care what happens in a PRIVATE company...it's PRIVATE for a reason.....

Why should you care? What are these private companies doing to mess with you?
You are joking, right?
The reason we should ALL be concerned with what the Private Companies do is because this Country is controlled by Private companies and corporations with a unjustified paranoia towards the Govt.
The huge bonuses, perks and corruption in big companies trickles down to us with higher premiums that get higher and higher.......... WE pay through the nose for their excesses..............simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 11:59 AM
 
3 posts, read 1,798 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Um...did you red it?
Yes, and there was an explicit difference between:

"62% of Americans expect that the Obamacare law will cause companies to drop their employee health coverage, thus forcing their employees onto government programs; and that 54% of Americans want Obamacare to be completely repealed."

and:

"Further, six in ten (62 percent) expect that if the Court strikes down the mandate, some parts of the law will continue to be implemented, while half as many (28 percent) think this will effectively mean the end of the entire law."

Besides, you put anything besides partisan stock in what Rasmussen claims??? Not exactly an unbiased source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 12:00 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,664,057 times
Reputation: 18036
Even Obama himself argued in his deabte with Hillary Clinton that a individual mandte would not work .His campgin experts advised that 15 million would not be covered most from refusing to buy. He further argued that enforcing it would be impossible.Its kind fo strange that CBO now estimates that by 2020 under the healthcare bill that 15 millio will still not be covered.The of cousre even then the cost estmate has climbed gretaly to fund the bll since scroed by senate assumptions when passed.But perhapos the biggest resons it will fail is the huge increase in state revenues by 2017 that staes will have to come up with to fund their share of huge medicaid roll increases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 12:09 PM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,817,743 times
Reputation: 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Even Obama himself argued in his deabte with Hillary Clinton that a individual mandte would not work .His campgin experts advised that 15 million would not be covered most from refusing to buy. He further argued that enforcing it would be impossible.Its kind fo strange that CBO now estimates that by 2020 under the healthcare bill that 15 millio will still not be covered.The of cousre even then the cost estmate has climbed gretaly to fund the bll since scroed by senate assumptions when passed.But perhapos the biggest resons it will fail is the huge increase in state revenues by 2017 that staes will have to come up with to fund their share of huge medicaid roll increases.
To be honest this whole health care fiasco is a mess.
The ONLY solution to America's awful health care regime is to create a Govt. funded UHC. It will not only be cheaper, create millions of jobs and give good health care to ALL Americans.... it is proven to work wherever it has been implemented and is cheaper per capita than todays for profit health care in the USA.
Whatever plan we use here that is private Insurance dominated can never succeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,821,962 times
Reputation: 12162
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Even Obama himself argued in his deabte with Hillary Clinton that a individual mandte would not work .
Given Hillary's experience in the early 90s and issues with republican proposal for health care reform which involved the mandate, I doubt she was into the idea. I can see why Obama was opposed to it as well. He really wanted Public Option. That was his choice. Mandate came about as a compromise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 12:30 PM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,583 posts, read 8,256,323 times
Reputation: 4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The ONLY solution to America's awful health care regime is to create a Govt. funded UHC.
Here we see a rare instance of a rat swimming TOWARD a sinking ship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 12:35 PM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,817,743 times
Reputation: 2035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Here we see a rare instance of a rat swimming TOWARD a sinking ship.
I would think it is more like the drowning passengers being saved by the UHC rescue boat.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:05 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top