Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:54 AM

15,913 posts, read 20,158,381 times

Advertisements

By far money is the more important of the two....

Why?

Pay no taxes, and one gets more money and benefits from the government and the state by having children.

No children? you pay the state and the government in taxes winding up with hardly any money...

Old 04-10-2012, 10:04 AM

289 posts, read 310,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
My oldest son has 4 children - he stays home with them & works from home. My other 3 sons are not married and have no children.

It's beyond amazing the presumption you "jay walking" all stars contrive.

Other people's money ??? OH please - get real.

Yeah I stole less than one cent from every working person in Alaska.

The fact that I qualified for benefits - makes no difference to you; I am stealing massive amounts of money (according to your logic)

There is one indicator that the world uses to measure success for any company.

That indicator is: The bottom line!!
Ah yes, that most time-honored of Jesus' sermons: "The ends justify the means..."

Here's the part I don't understand: You hate the idea of other people raising your children, but you see no incongruity in enlisting/forcing other people to pay to raise your children. It smacks of "Gimme your money and then butt out.", and not in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData
Later when they were in their teens well established - then and only then did I return to work.
Well, by that math, you've received over $100,000 in benefits from the state. Hardly the chump change that you're trying so hard to portray it as. And, frankly, it's the height of hypocrisy for you to criticize Obama as "the food-stamp President" (as you have in other threads) while having taken benefits yourself. Or are you another in a long line of "do as I say, not as I do" people?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:05 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,959,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
It's amazing how so many people say the President is dumb or isn't doing a good job but don't run for the office of President. If you meet the eligibility standards then run and do a better job.
That requires money.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
Bottom line, if parents are loving, responsible, provide the necessities that children need, teach good morals, character, and doing what is right.
You can be working parents and provide what stay at home Moms do.
In having friends who have done both, i see not one is better then the other.
I will just say this, in loving my family the way i do, i would never have had them homeless 7 times, i would scrpae, kick, punch, do what i would have to get us out of the situation we were in. As i had when my children were young. We did not have the status of where we now are in our life.
I had a prized classic mustang repossessed, because of hard times.
I baby sat from my home, cleaned houses, cleaned schools at night with my husband, and a Monterssori School back then. Helped out in a Chrisitian school, watching children. Did what i had to do when they were small.
Know what we got our mustang back, and i was happy that the hard work and the sweat had paid off.
This mustang today, is worth a pretty little penny.
Homeless 7 times is not something i would be proud of, how did your children handle this.
Everyone knows here, that the Obamas are not my fav peoploe. However in watching the two of them interact with their chidlren, working parents or not, in their past i beleive they are loving, responsible, caring parents that want only the best for their children. No matter how you feel about them, that is plain to see.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,373,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
No. that's where you are grossly mistaken Jesus said: Judge a tree by its fruit.

No good tree can bring forth bad fruit - Let your good works show before men.

Obama is a rotten tree - he produces fraud & lying deceptive practices.

Test the spirit to see where they be false or true.

I can quote 100 other verses that explain when to judge and when not to judge!!

But you have played your hand; and left out far far too much!!
That is an excuse if I ever heard one. My great grandfather ran away from his home in central Italy when he was 12, because his parents would beat him silly. He managed to escape to Germany where he worked until he was 16 and could scrape by enough money to buy a ticket to America. He worked hard and build a very successful business. So I guess by your logic the tree, back in Italy must have been pretty darn good.

Sometimes is it ain't the tree.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:26 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,789,071 times
Just wanted to reiterate the OP is full of hypocrisy and inconsistencies.

I also think it is quite selfish of you to live off of welfare and make your kids be homeless just because you didn't want to work. To me that equals laziness and is nothing to be proud of.

I dont know what the point is of the OP article either, except to criticize something in the president and his wife's lives that is not of importance to the running of our country. As a conservative (not much of one considering all your welfare) you should be happy that there were some blacks having babies out there working and taking care of them and not using the government dole.

And I agree with a PP, so what if Michelle worked. I hate being a stay at home mom, it is VERY boring and unproductive IMO, especially when you have no kids at home all day. I am a better mother working and being useful and not sitting around watching TV all day, which is probably what the OP did while all those kids were at school.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:04 PM

758 posts, read 590,019 times
It depends on who you're asking. To the GOP, money and big businesses are more important. Children only matter when they're raised to be good little Christians. They're more important to the Democrats as are younger adults.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:06 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,959,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
It depends on who you're asking. To the GOP, money and big businesses are more important. Children only matter when they're raised to be good little Christians. They're more important to the Democrats as are younger adults.
This is an entirely unsupported, stereotypical diatribe.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:09 PM

758 posts, read 590,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This is an entirely unsupported, stereotypical diatribe.
Well look at who has the long track record of cutting funding for education and giving corporate handouts to the wealthy. Look who was responsible for the Great Depression and the last recession and tried blaming it on FDR and Obama. Look who started the Iraq War and spent us into oblivion and cut taxes while our schools were marginalized and put on the back burner and the income disparity between the wealthy and poor reached epic levels. Then you can tell me how unsupported this diatribe is. Let's not forget about standardized testing, either. My state Texas is one of only two that refused to take federal stimulus money to improve the public schools thanks to our idiot Governor.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,761,477 times
Children. That's why I support my local public school system. I respect the teachers enough to trust that they know a heck of a lot more about how to teach children than I do. They have experience in elementary education that I don't have.

I also support a parent's choice to stay at home or go back to work after having children. Parenting is hard enough without ridiculous people calling you selfish behind your back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.