U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:40 AM

6,237 posts, read 8,448,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
whoever is happiest is a matter of who's in control of government at the time.. right now.. conservatives are probably unhappiest...lol
Yup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 03:56 AM

4,260 posts, read 2,967,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I listened to Rush Limbaugh for several years and Clinton provided him with a neverending list of grievances.

Some liberal writer once wrote (in the Atlantic I think) that Limbaugh "nationalized conservative angst".
Why would you waste your time listening to him?

Old 04-10-2012, 04:09 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,806,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Because liberals have a neverending list of grievances.
Yes this is true with silly grievances like Universal healthcare, gay rights, World hunger and civil rights.

Meanwhile Conservatives couldn't be happier if all they had to worry about was their "souped" up Camaros, a hot girlfriend and how expensive is a cheesburger at McDonald's.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 AM

14,810 posts, read 13,970,356 times
It is utterly ridiculous to be arguing over who is happier--liberals or conservatives--as though happiness were a commodity that is unequally distributed.

If anything is to be read into this study, it would be that conservatives have their value system in better order than do liberals and understand that true happiness comes from within rather than without.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:36 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
It's probably much easier to be happy when everything in the world is just peachy keen.
Materialists are happy with material things.
What I wonder about is, if conservatives are happier, why are they so full of hate?
Great question???

They seem so worried that someone else might get something they don't have ...that would keep anyone unhappy.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 AM

5,882 posts, read 4,516,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Yes this is true with silly grievances like Universal healthcare, gay rights, World hunger and civil rights.

Meanwhile Conservatives couldn't be happier if all they had to worry about was their "souped" up Camaros, a hot girlfriend and how expensive is a cheesburger at McDonald's.

Conservatives are at least willing to pay for the girlfriend, Camaro and cheeseburger themselves.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,238,770 times
I believe Konservatives are far happier because of their nearly infinite capacity for self delusion aided by their total credulity for absurd revelations from their Gods on Earth Limbaugh and Beck. Their lack of internal conflict leads directly with a state of bliss and their annoying insistence that everyone share their delusions.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 AM

19,635 posts, read 12,394,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Why Are Conservatives Happier Than Liberals? - YouTube

I'm not sure if this video has been posted before, but I think it offers some interesting insight regarding the differences between the conservative and liberal mindset.

Some of the angriest people I know are conservatives. I wonder why that is?

Old 04-10-2012, 08:25 AM

13,917 posts, read 10,875,771 times
I guess the ones on this forum who are continually griping about how the country is being turned into a Communist utopia, coming up with paranoid conspiracies, and talking about how they're stockpiling everything and clutching their guns and getting ready to take down anyone who gets within ten feet of them are the exception to the rule.

Or maybe that's just what happiness looks like to them.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:27 AM

3,241 posts, read 3,275,085 times
I think dumb people are generally happier, they are never tormented by how messed up the world really is. The only real knowledge conservatives have of the world is from the Bible and Fox News, if you narrow your scope that much, you think the only enemies the world has are Obama, Islam and sex in the media. Simpleminded people can't figure out that the solutions to the world's problems are so complex as to be practically impossible so it makes them happy.

If you are a conservative and want to see what it's like being a liberal, try to have an intellectual conservation with 6 year olds, that would be the equivalent of a liberal trying their best to deal with an intellectual conversation with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies