Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 01:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
Folks who are on the right are inherently selfish and self centered. They love seeing their opponents fail even if that means the nation as a whole is worse off.

The problem is they can not see that they are simply being used by the powerful in the R party as pawns. Avg Americans mean nothing to the Republican party.
The nation is not better of by rallying around those who seek to destroy the US Constitution (see Obama & Co.). The above poster would seem to be against the individual liberties granted by our Creator and affirmed in our Constitution.

It is less about opponents (i.e. Obama) failing and more about the US Constitution surviving and liberty thriving, IMO. Obviously, YMMV.

Ron Paul 2012
Rand Paul 2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 01:57 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The nation is not better of by rallying around those who seek to destroy the US Constitution (see Obama & Co.). The above poster would seem to be against the individual liberties granted by our Creator and affirmed in our Constitution.

It is less about opponents (i.e. Obama) failing and more about the US Constitution surviving and liberty thriving, IMO. Obviously, YMMV.

Ron Paul 2012
Rand Paul 2016
For religion, capitalism, and the military-industrial complex to thrive civil liberties are not necessary.
For those who slept prior to Obama's election, the Constitution has long since been little more than a nice ornament.
Not everyone believes in your 'creator'. That must be awful difficult to comprehend.
The 'creator' advocated killing of people and widespread destruction, not individual liberties. For example, the creator's laws do not guarantee free speech. Severe punishment awaits those who speak freely.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
No, but if you throw in the poor, the young, the elderly, the gays, and the Hispanics, you're getting close.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:04 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
For religion, capitalism, and the military-industrial complex to thrive civil liberties are not necessary.
For those who slept prior to Obama's election, the Constitution has long since been little more than a nice ornament.
Not everyone believes in your 'creator'. That must be awful difficult to comprehend.
The 'creator' advocated killing of people and widespread destruction, not individual liberties. For example, the creator's laws do not guarantee free speech. Severe punishment awaits those who speak freely.
Just because you choose not to believe in a Creator does not negate the rights recognized in the founding of this country as being granted as such and not by government. In case the above poster missed it in his deep studies of US history our founders also believed these rights were consistant with natural law.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
I think most Republicans view everything in their lives through the prism of RedTeam vs. BlueTeam. I don't think that they even notice that they are cheering bad news and actively hoping for the demise of America. As long as something is good for RedTeam, they don't care how it impacts anyone else.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:09 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think they do. I see them cheering when the Chevy Volt struggled at first simply because Obama has received credit for saving the American Auto Industry (and deserves that credit).

I see them cheering when the unemployment rate goes up and the stock market goes down, even though that means that America is bleeding.

So do they hate Obama more than they love America? I think so.
I don't think so.

Personally, I'm kind of worried about some of Obama's policies and (apparent) goals. But I don't dislike him personally. In fact, there are some things about him that I think highly of.

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Whew, the hate from the left is overflowing in this thread.

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Do most republicans hate Obama more than they love America?

I really love America. I'm so happy that I was born here and get to live here. I hope that we can return America to her former glory. It's the best darn place to live. (Yes, I have lived in another country.)

St. Hope and Change? Can't STAND him! All he has done is lie and destroy. He is ruining this country. Yes, yes, other politicians have done stupid crap too but he is RUINING this country. Do I hate him? Oh yes, I do.

Is my feeling of hatred towards him stronger than my love for America? It's pretty damn close. It doesn't mean that I will ever turn my back on this country, it does NOT mean I cheer when things are bad. I'm not cheering at all. I'm pissed off. What it means is that I want him OUT! GET! THE! HELL! OUT before he does any more damage.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Just because you choose not to believe in a Creator does not negate the rights recognized in the founding of this country as being granted as such and not by government. In case the above poster missed it in his deep studies of US history our founders also believed these rights were consistant with natural law.
What about the 'individual liberties granted by the creator'?
Is it okay that not everyone believe in a creator? Or should that be forced?

Old 04-10-2012, 02:13 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
yes they do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies