U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:05 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,215,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
One person does not change the ideology of an entire people.

Obama is a conservative wearing a Liberal suit. The people who disagree are just to dumb or ignorant to notice.

Republicans in office and on the street make their views completely well known. They hate the poor even though many of them are in fact poor themselves, they are sexist, they are intolerant of other religions beside Christianity, they are PRO war, PRO imperialism, PRO Plutocracy.......

The R party is an Enigma. They have feared their voters into voting against their own best interest in the hopes that they will, through their own sheer will and determination squeak out a miserable existence and be satisfied.
obama is self-serving above all else, and that is why he has flipped on so many issues.

i have no doubt all this recent racial stuff has been started by the media to try and solidify his main base, many of whom seem pretty disgusted by his policies.

you can't lump all republicans into the same category-as there are a wide range of republicans-some strongly pro israel, some antiwar, some fiscal conservatives, some social conservatives, and some libertarian leaning types.

even the candidates running fall into different categories of republicans, and that is why it is such a hard fought battle for the nomination.

regarding the democrats, they are mostly all more consistently for big government and pro illegal immigration, as that is their base. there wasn't too much difference between hillary and obama on the issues last election. (except hillary was smarter but the media loved obama).

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-10-2012 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 03:10 PM

34,805 posts, read 42,024,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
None of the Republicans have stated what they love about America.
The Republican dream for America is that everyone should think alike, submit to authority without question; a nation of obedient robots.
Sheeple

Old 04-10-2012, 03:12 PM

758 posts, read 500,466 times
Quote:
None of the Republicans have stated what they love about America.
The Republican dream for America is that everyone should think alike, submit to authority without question; a nation of obedient robots.
They've only said they love America whenever it was convenient. What they meant was they love Corporate America. They're a bunch of jingoists not patriots. Unfortunately, they're too ignorant and deluded to see the difference.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:12 PM

994 posts, read 1,787,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
obama is self-serving above all else, and that is why he has flipped on so many issues.

i have no doubt all this recent racial stuff has been started by the media to try and solidify his main base, many of whom seem pretty disgusted by his presidency.

you can't lump all republicans into the same category-as there are a wide range of republicans-some strongly pro israel, some antiwar, some fiscal conservatives, some social conservatives, and some libertarian leaning types.

even the candidates running fall into different categories of republicans, and that is why it is such a hard fought battle for the nomination.

regarding the democrats, they are mostly all more consistently for big government and pro illegal immigration, as that is their base. there wasn't too much difference between hillary and obama on the issues last election. (except hillary was smarter but the media loved obama).
Again, you are misguided or just trolling. Just to disprove one point you tried to make there, the Dems are not PRO illegal Immigration. They have shown countless times they want ethical reform that protects the Human being from some draconian measure. The R's know they can not get the Latino vote so they offer hard right options so when the dems counter offer they are still harsh and un-justified.

The R's should be worried now that Romney has the ticket. He is liberal for the most part. He is just saying the things the dim-wits in the R party need to hear. At least we know he will keep Obama/Romney-care moving forward.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:14 PM

994 posts, read 1,787,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
They've only said they love America whenever it was convenient. What they meant was they love Corporate America. They're a bunch of jingoists not patriots. Unfortunately, they're too ignorant and deluded to see the difference.
The one thing in my opinion worse than someone who openly hates America is a sloganeering chicken-hawk. That is all I see on FOX news.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Republicans hate Obama and everyone else who isn't like them.
Republicans don't really love America, they love authority, the Status Quo, conformism, and materialism.
Bravo, Dude! That was que magnifique!

Old 04-10-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
The one thing in my opinion worse than someone who openly hates America is a sloganeering chicken-hawk. That is all I see on FOX news.
Absolutely! Don't you know FOX News really stands for Frightful Old Xenophobes Naughtily Endearing Wall Street?

Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 PM

6,074 posts, read 5,379,187 times
Quote:
......Just read Ayn Rand and her philosophy of objectivism. Is that the kind of community you want to live in? One driven by money and greed and personal self preservation by any means necessary?
So when I read Ayn Rand I learned about a philosophy that requires each of us to offer value to one another, to be of service, in order to prosper. Free people trading as equals with one another of their own free will cannot abuse each other.

"We do not owe our dinner to charity on the part of the butcher or the baker, but rather to their own self-regard."

I see this principle played out in American history, the story of the wealthiest, most productive society ever. And I see it every day in my business life, where the only means I have to improve my own income and wealth is to be of greater service and value to increasing numbers of people.

If I were the characteristic bogeyman business person of leftist lore, I would be out of business in a flash. Customers seek the best value, not the worst--so I must offer my best. What about Bernie Madoff, or Alan Stanford, you might ask. You may not have noticed, but they are languishing in prison now.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,576,191 times
nope. you can't do both.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:19 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,215,511 times
Quote:
Again, you are misguided or just trolling. Just to disprove one point you tried to make there, the Dems are not PRO illegal Immigration. They have shown countless times they want ethical reform that protects the Human being from some draconian measure. The R's know they can not get the Latino vote so they offer hard right options so when the dems counter offer they are still harsh and un-justified.

The R's should be worried now that Romney has the ticket. He is liberal for the most part. He is just saying the things the dim-wits in the R party need to hear. At least we know he will keep Obama/Romney-care moving forward.
oh please.

obama sponsored the DREAM act.

what is that except pandering to illegal immigrant families?

that, and the foreign debt forgiveness bill.

all at the expense of working americans.

for the record, i will say that i know a few democrats personally who are anti illegal immigration but that isn't the democratic party position, which has consistently been pro illegal.

would you argue with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies