U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM

867 posts, read 404,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Please list some of the ways that Republicans support personal freedom. I think someone has swallowed the GOP marketing campaign hook line and sinker.
Support Free Speech
Support Gun-Ownership rights
Support Rights of the Pre-Born not to be murdered
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 PM

867 posts, read 404,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Whew, the hate from the left is overflowing in this thread.
It is Omnipresent in the USA these days.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:08 PM

6,074 posts, read 5,338,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
By your comments you have spent zero time in Banking or on Wall St.
I have worked my entire life in one facet of finance or another, but never physically located on Wall Street.

My banker prospers by helping me prosper. He has financed vehicles, businesses, commercial property, and homes for me. His success depends on my success; my success adds to his success. It is exactly as described in my original comment.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:31 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,473,260 times
Party hardliners from bothsides do the same thing. Roll the clocks back and observe how the left cheered any and all Bush failures. The left made excuses and bashed any success.
GWB had more minorities on his staff and in key positions than any President before him. Oh but they were the wrong kinds of minorities?
George W Bush invested more money in Autism research than all presidents combined that came before him. I know screw those autistic kids, their needs are over rated right?
My point in all this is that hardliners always cheer failures and always minimize successes.
Look no further than city data posts for proof of this.
When gas prices went up under GWB he was in bed with the oil companies. It was a conspiracy. The left hard liners never shut up about it.
Now its Obama's turn and the left are using the exact same excuses that the right used for Bush. The right is enjoying giving the left a taste of their own BS.
Bush murdered hundreds of thousands in Iraq according to the left. An illegal war they claimed. Still waiting to see what made it illegal when congress and senate approved it.
Obama drops bombs in Lybia. How many Lybians died? How many died as the civil war raged on? What did Lybia have to do with us?
I have a question for those hardliners on the left.
Why is it assumed that anyone hates Obama simply because we disagree with his politics?
I myself don't hate the man. I don't know him well enough to hate him. I can't even say that I dislike him. In fact I'll say that I would like to know him better.
I disagreed with about 75% or more of GWB policies. I didnt hate him either.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 PM

8,388 posts, read 8,344,586 times
Lightbulb Do most republicans hate Obama more than they love America?

I wouldn't say most Republicans.

But it's quite evident from the posts on this forum that the hyperpartisan right wingers definitely fit that assessment.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 PM

16,952 posts, read 11,834,180 times
Which Obama?

So most repubs 'HATE" obama and the other repubs HATE him but not as much as they love America?

that statement doesn't leave room for any repubs having legitimate issues with Obama policies. If you HATE obama you must have set aside policy disagreements and just go into HATE for some other reason. So basically repubs have no legitimate reason for not supporting Obama, the original etch a sketch kid.

that statement in the OP had to arise from a poll of 1.

Hate, Love?????

Old 04-11-2012, 07:25 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,322,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'll take that for what it's worth from a fan of the most overrated pop group in history.
How old are you 19? One of the most uninformed, baseless, idiotic statements that I've seen on this forum...............and there have been lots of them.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:28 AM

14,298 posts, read 8,118,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think they do. I see them cheering when the Chevy Volt struggled at first simply because Obama has received credit for saving the American Auto Industry (and deserves that credit).

I see them cheering when the unemployment rate goes up and the stock market goes down, even though that means that America is bleeding.

So do they hate Obama more than they love America? I think so.
If a thug rapes and beats the hell out of a person's wife or daughter and puts them into a comma, would you ask them if they hate the thug more then they love their wife or daughter?

GM said its Volt was not ready, and Obama made them ram it thru, now it sucks. We did not not want Obama to run around forcing his ideologically driven agenda down everyone's throat; he is ruining this country's economy and making us poorer.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
How old are you 19? One of the most uninformed, baseless, idiotic statements that I've seen on this forum...............and there have been lots of them.
Did you even read his forum name?

Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It is a bizarre mindset of the right, they applaud downfalls and shun success, I guess it somehow reflects how they may be in life.
It comes from an honest and realistic assessment of the facts, combined with our life's experiences. We told everyone how inexperienced and unqualified Obama was to be president, and we told everyone how disastrous his policies would be for the nation, and three years of history have proven that we were, and are 100% correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies