Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:26 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
So when I read Ayn Rand I learned about a philosophy that requires each of us to offer value to one another, to be of service, in order to prosper. Free people trading as equals with one another of their own free will cannot abuse each other.

"We do not owe our dinner to charity on the part of the butcher or the baker, but rather to their own self-regard."

I see this principle played out in American history, the story of the wealthiest, most productive society ever. And I see it every day in my business life, where the only means I have to improve my own income and wealth is to be of greater service and value to increasing numbers of people.

If I were the characteristic bogeyman business person of leftist lore, I would be out of business in a flash. Customers seek the best value, not the worst--so I must offer my best. What about Bernie Madoff, or Alan Stanford, you might ask. You may not have noticed, but they are languishing in prison now.

By your comments you have spent zero time in Banking or on Wall St.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 03:30 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
oh please.

obama sponsored the DREAM act.

what is that except pandering to illegal immigrant families?

that, and the foreign debt forgiveness bill.

all at the expense of working americans.

for the record, i will say that i know a few democrats personally who are anti illegal immigration but that isn't the democratic party position, which has consistently been pro illegal.

would you argue with that?
Yes I would argue with that.....I would say that if you speak to anyone anywhere with a brain, they would say we need to do something about the influx of south and Central Americans entering the Country. The Dream Act is a start.

Also, how many Republican's who own big agra business' or large hotel chains or giant factories hire folks with no citizenship???

When Money is involved, the R's will drop the facade and fire every American in site for the chance at increasing their margins.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:42 PM

994 posts, read 724,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Republicans hate Obama and everyone else who isn't like them.
Republicans don't really love America, they love authority, the Status Quo, conformism, and materialism.
Sure, that's why conservatives are for small government, lower taxes, personal freedom, free markets, school choice, freedom of religious expression...yeah, that's the very height of conformism and authority. Seriously, where did you get that trash?

Old 04-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Sure, that's why conservatives are for small government, lower taxes, personal freedom, free markets, school choice, freedom of religious expression...yeah, that's the very height of conformism and authority. Seriously, where did you get that trash?

Please list some of the ways that Republicans support personal freedom. I think someone has swallowed the GOP marketing campaign hook line and sinker.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:49 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Yes they do, they will cut off their noses to spite their faces. I have been saying it and they have the audicity to call themselves patriots. Republicans have prayed for his death, questioned his citizenship, hate to see any sign of economic recovery and refuse to give credit where credit is due, the would rather we become a third world country than to see Obama succeed. You can't love your country too much when hating one man and seeing him fail becomes a priority over seeing your country succeed.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:49 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
I also remember when I was 12 having a conversation with my friends. We couldnt wait until the day that we got to show our hatred toward Obama.

Now the day has come. live is wonderful

Old 04-10-2012, 03:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Sadly, yes, for the most part. But then they have the gall to get on their high horse and call us unpatriotic, and traitors, and haters of the Constitution. It's that hypocrisy and arrogance that's the worst of all.
That's flippin' rich. Your president signed to extend the Patriot Act and he signed the NDAA. You want to talk about the Constitution? You have NO ROOM to talk about the Constitution using the same breath to glorify St. Hope and Change.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:11 PM

867 posts, read 498,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'll take that for what it's worth from a fan of the most overrated pop group in history.
Take it any way you want, but I do suggest you cease putting your abject ignorance on public display as you did in the two posts (unless you are looking for sympathy-replies).

Old 04-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It is a bizarre mindset of the right, they applaud downfalls and shun success, I guess it somehow reflects how they may be in life.
Here you have a textbook example of Bass Ackwards. Thanks for the example.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Ha, sorry DD but I can't stand the Beatles. Most of their music is just cheesy pop .....oh well time to move on.
Yes, you and perhaps 3 others globally feel like that. History will out, and their music will play on the airwaves for a century more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies