Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I do think that certain aspects of certain aid programs need reform. I think it is a dangerous slippery slope to demonize those who are receiving benefits.
People need to go from tax takers to tax payers and we have to reform the system as you say, but also it is near impossible to have people withdraw they hands from the dole when they've been comfortable there so long (no matter what the color).

Elderly and disabled deserve long term help, the rest should be highly restricted as to access to any assistance past a few months.
There isn't the money to do that without ripping half the money out of everyone's wallet.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:52 AM

294 posts, read 191,774 times
Quote:
I simply don't believe you have any idea about what you are talking about.

I do think that certain aspects of certain aid programs need reform. I think it is a dangerous slippery slope to demonize those who are receiving benefits.

I think it is important to walk a mile in the shoes of another in order to judge.

What you "believe" about what I know is quite frankly based on nothing.

Please educate me on where I am in error.

To imply demonization or judgement from my statement is bizzare and ridiculous.

My post was not about the pros and cons of "certain aid programs".
It was directly speaking about those who have been on welfare for 3-4 generations and continually act irresponsibly and expect the government to take care of them. The Democratic party is reliant on the fact that those same families will continue to do so and continue to be dependent on them, which, as I stated earlier, will secure Dem votes for generations.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:58 AM

185 posts, read 159,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What year was that?????? How many went to work in the Katrina disaster and just started cleaning up and clearing the mess. Or did many just sit and wait to be told where to go and how to go
Quite a number of them,actually. My brother was one of them for starters...

Old 04-11-2012, 09:58 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
People need to go from tax takers to tax payers and we have to reform the system as you say, but also it is near impossible to have people withdraw they hands from the dole when they've been comfortable there so long (no matter what the color).

Elderly and disabled deserve long term help, the rest should be highly restricted as to access to any assistance past a few months.
There isn't the money to do that without ripping half the money out of everyone's wallet.
What % of overall spending is welfare programs? How does that compare to our current healthcare system as well as our military industrial complex?

Let me know who is ripping the money out of your wallet after you look into that stuff.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:03 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cledussnow View Post
What you "believe" about what I know is quite frankly based on nothing.

Please educate me on where I am in error.

To imply demonization or judgement from my statement is bizzare and ridiculous.

My post was not about the pros and cons of "certain aid programs".
It was directly speaking about those who have been on welfare for 3-4 generations and continually act irresponsibly and expect the government to take care of them. The Democratic party is reliant on the fact that those same families will continue to do so and continue to be dependent on them, which, as I stated earlier, will secure Dem votes for generations.
you had me until that last statement.

Can you show me where you came to the conclusion that 3-4 generations of families on welfare are the main catalyst for the D party?

I know you won't but please look up the voter demographics for democrats. Ill give you a hint, Academia, College Educated professionals, Women, Labor, the Young and minorities.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:13 AM

294 posts, read 191,774 times
Quote:
you had me until that last statement.

Can you show me where you came to the conclusion that 3-4 generations of families on welfare are the main catalyst for the D party?

I know you won't but please look up the voter demographics for democrats. Ill give you a hint, Academia, College Educated professionals, Women, Labor, the Young and minorities.
"main catalyst" is your delusional interpretation. I said "secure votes". Again please advise me where I am in error.

Please show me where any 3rd or 4th generation welfare recipient has ever voted for the party that promotes personal responsibility.

EDIT:

I see. I said "Dems are reliant on". Yeah that was not the best terminolgy. I apologize.
What I meant to say was they are betting on those votes already being in the bag, and they have been absolutely right for so many years.

Last edited by cledussnow; 04-11-2012 at 10:32 AM..

Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
How is that prejudiced and stereotypical? Please explain?

I am looking at your post from earlier and your answer to me, and you lump black people together.
I lumped all black people together? How?

I wrote SPECIFICALLY of a certain KIND of black image - based on dress. How is that lumping all black people together?

Old 04-11-2012, 12:21 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
No, you don't know me. You grow up and preach to someone else.
Again, the message is simple: Grow up.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:20 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
republicans get on everyone's nerves.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:25 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Because black Republicans don't resent white people . The blacks call the black republicans uncle toms and oreos..

Most blacks will vote for Obama but would never consider Herman Cain as president , yet Herman Cain is all black, brought up in a black family , while Obama is half black and brought up in a white family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies